One thousand miles

Cupra Russ

Dec 7, 2018
What a milestone, today I hit 1,000 miles in the new Cupra.

There's no doubt about it, it really feels like it's loosening up now. I was quite disappointed at first, coming from an M135i, the Cupra felt well off the pace but my mind is now changing. I find the mid range speed, say from 60+, you're soon in silly illegal figures and it's really quite impressive.

Here's to many more miles. The only thing is though, still no more noise from the exhaust, no pops or anything. Is this because its one of the latest Cupra's?

Cheers,

Russ

Ben GT

Jan 7, 2015
Mine is months off arriving and exhaust is my main concern. I want some noise!

Waiting for someone to find an easy fix

hallsy67

Mar 11, 2010
Bristol
What a milestone, today I hit 1,000 miles in the new Cupra.

There's no doubt about it, it really feels like it's loosening up now. I was quite disappointed at first, coming from an M135i, the Cupra felt well off the pace but my mind is now changing. I find the mid range speed, say from 60+, you're soon in silly illegal figures and it's really quite impressive.

Here's to many more miles. The only thing is though, still no more noise from the exhaust, no pops or anything. Is this because its one of the latest Cupra's?

Cheers,

Russ
Ive just hit 400 so a few more to do yet.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Quite surprised you don't hear any pops/crackles. When hot and in cupra mode or just gearbox sport mode mine does it every time dropping down the gears. Maybe your sound aktor is drowning out the real noise from outside.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Quite surprised you don't hear any pops/crackles. When hot and in cupra mode or just gearbox sport mode mine does it every time dropping down the gears. Maybe your sound aktor is drowning out the real noise from outside.

Had a hunt for the most recent copper badged Cupras on youtube, and found this ST video.

Seems to sound nice tbh, without knowing the full background i can assume that the ST and non ST versions will sound similar, if not hopefully the same!:flag:

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
I find the sound aktor drowns the noise out from inside, I had my partner drop me off somewhere and as she drove off the car sounded fantastic, completely different to what you can here from inside the cabin!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Ben GT

Jan 7, 2015
Had a hunt for the most recent copper badged Cupras on youtube, and found this ST video.

Seems to sound nice tbh, without knowing the full background i can assume that the ST and non ST versions will sound similar, if not hopefully the same!:flag:

Thats a non standard exhaust with an open/closed valve option you can control from the Seat Drive screen apparently

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I have 500 miles on mine.
If you're driving around in CUPRA mode with the soundacktor 100% it will mask a lot what can be heard from the exhaust from *inside* the cabin.
So may be worth turning it down.

Out of the box in comfort or sport mode in DSG-S
You should be able to hear both. Can't say it's particularly loud from inside the cabin with both back seats and windows up but you can certainly hear that it's happening.

My best results are made when using the paddles. From 4-3k in revs for pops.

DSG farts noticably starting from the change between 2k & 3k.
The DSG fart seems to differ depending on the throttle load.

Admittedly at first I had to listen out for the sounds during general driving. As they didn't sound like what I'd expected from YouTube videos of previous gen Cupra's.

As a stock system it sounds respectable from the outside and with the deeper note. Had numerous confirmations of this.

Definitely room for improvement though for those that want it ASBO loud.

As I had a manual 280 before, this is massive step up for me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.