Boot latch problems - 2010 Ibiza 5 door

Feb 11, 2019
I have had issues with my boot latch that has been ongoing for a while (due to me not sorting it), and I could do with some help please.

The car is a 2010 Ibiza 1.4 petrol 5 door.

Initially the issue was a problem with the boot "S" badge latch. Opening the boot was intermittent and I finally figured out the latch has a little micro switch that activates the lock when you lift the latch. I replaced that and it worked for a while.

I now have another issue in that it wont open again, bit I think the "S" latch is working, so it either has to be the wiring or the actual lock mechanism. I purchased a new lock but still no joy. Has anyone any ideas.

Does anyone know how to check the wiring, or at least the lock? The lock has a plug with four wires going to it. The wires are as follows Marked No 1 = Brown with Black stripe, Marked No 2 = Brown with Blue stripe, Marked No 3 = Brown, Marked No 4 = Green

When I had an issue with the "S" latch I tested it by putting a loop on the contacts of the plug into the latch. When you did this you could here the solenoid activate the lock. Replacing the latch fixed this issue.

However, my boot lock will not activate. I have tried the test as above and the solenoid will not activate, so I presumed it was the lock and I have purchased another but with no joy. I took the plug from the existing lock and plugged it into the replacement but it does not work (I did not take the old lock out and put the new one in, just unplugged the old and plugged in the new without fitting it to the car!).

I am at a loss as to what to try next.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the boot lock and latch?
What fuse is it for the boot lock?
Does anyone know how to test the boot lock by putting power to the relevant pins on the lock?

I am a little frustrated, so any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks.

Mick

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Have you tried using the search function in this area of the forum as I'm sure that this has been well covered in the past, these boot release issues seem to go in fits and starts, probably worse in colder weather!

Apr 25, 2019
I have had issues with my boot latch that has been ongoing for a while (due to me not sorting it), and I could do with some help please.

The car is a 2010 Ibiza 1.4 petrol 5 door.

Initially the issue was a problem with the boot "S" badge latch. Opening the boot was intermittent and I finally figured out the latch has a little micro switch that activates the lock when you lift the latch. I replaced that and it worked for a while.

I now have another issue in that it wont open again, bit I think the "S" latch is working, so it either has to be the wiring or the actual lock mechanism. I purchased a new lock but still no joy. Has anyone any ideas.

Does anyone know how to check the wiring, or at least the lock? The lock has a plug with four wires going to it. The wires are as follows Marked No 1 = Brown with Black stripe, Marked No 2 = Brown with Blue stripe, Marked No 3 = Brown, Marked No 4 = Green

When I had an issue with the "S" latch I tested it by putting a loop on the contacts of the plug into the latch. When you did this you could here the solenoid activate the lock. Replacing the latch fixed this issue.

However, my boot lock will not activate. I have tried the test as above and the solenoid will not activate, so I presumed it was the lock and I have purchased another but with no joy. I took the plug from the existing lock and plugged it into the replacement but it does not work (I did not take the old lock out and put the new one in, just unplugged the old and plugged in the new without fitting it to the car!).

I am at a loss as to what to try next.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the boot lock and latch?
What fuse is it for the boot lock?
Does anyone know how to test the boot lock by putting power to the relevant pins on the lock?

I am a little frustrated, so any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks.

Mick

Apr 25, 2019
hi I am having the exact same issues and have drawn a blank have you had any joy with some info or can you point me in the direction of any threads regards sean murf