SEAT Leon Cupra 300 2019 exhaust sound?

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
I test drove the Leon Cupra 300 4drive with 7-speed gearbox in the weekend and was suprised by the lack of exhaust note.
There were no farts on shifts and nothing on overrun.
The car had the 7-speed gearbox but not the copper details.

After the Leon testdrive i went out with the Ateca Cupra and that car farted and had a great sound on overrun, which i was very surprised about.

How is the exhaust sound on others Leon Cupra with the particle filter and 7-speed gearbox?
Is it the particle filter that kills the sound complelty or was something strange with the car i tested?

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
It's the setup in the ST. The exhaust has an extra resonator (if that's the right term) which basically means it's much more muted than the hatchback. Presumably because they think you'll have more rear passengers.

I've had my ST 300 for about 6 months and 5k miles and it's just as dull sadly so it won't change much with mileage

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
It's the quietest car I've ever owned I think.

No DSG farts and barely any noise at all.

A bit boring really - far too grown up!

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
So strange really! The Cupra Ateca really made loud DSG farts in Cupra-mode and the overrun was amazing, best ive ever heard on a 4pot.
Then the Leon Cupra ST was just dead silent, apart from the fake sound..

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
It is an odd choice from SEAT. Even the Golf R estate is a fair bit fruitier sounding

stig

Jan 27, 2019
I have an ST 300 Cupra 4Drive and it pops and farts like a good’un. However it’s a Carbon edition so has quad exhausts, so expect that has a bearing on it

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
I have an ST 300 Cupra 4Drive and it pops and farts like a good’un. However it’s a Carbon edition so has quad exhausts, so expect that has a bearing on it
Yes most likely, it seems you might have the same exhaust as the Ateca Cupra, which might cause the change in sound.
You dont happend to have been under the car?
It would be interesting to see if you still have the dual particle filters.

Is there any particle filter delete yet available for the Leon Cupra ST?
I assume that would add some sound :)

Degs

Feb 10, 2019
North Wales
Yes most likely, it seems you might have the same exhaust as the Ateca Cupra, which might cause the change in sound.
You dont happend to have been under the car?
It would be interesting to see if you still have the dual particle filters.

Is there any particle filter delete yet available for the Leon Cupra ST?
I assume that would add some sound :)
No dual filters n the carbon edition,they came in 2019, plenty of pops with mine

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Fitted on dpf car normal golf r exhaust black boxes and a bit too much.so not the dpf kill the noise just back box different.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
As above, no resonator on the MY2019 ST. Due to the 4drive set up on the Leon, it has twin-GPFs (whereas according to the revo marketing material 2wd variants have a larger single GPF). Not sure how this compares to the Cupra Ateca set-up?

Whilst it sounds quiet in the cabin, with the occasional pop on over-run, my kids (and their school friends) have said that the exhaust is loud from the outside after I have dropped them off and pulled away.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.