Must have security mods

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
Hi all,

I'm new here, I've always had VAG cars and I prefer them way more than the overpriced BMW and Mercs.. Anyway I had a MK7 Golf R, stage 2 with custom carbon bits and bobs (fully loaded from factory too). It was stolen last year in May and I was run over in the process, so I downsized to a mk5 golf TDI.

Now the time has come for a fun car, and show season is starting soon. I'm going to view a 2010 MK2 Cupra R with the bucket seats, convenience pack, Eibach lowering springs and has 60k on the clock.

I've read through the forum and searched quite a bit on security mods, and because of my last car the first thing I'm getting is better security. I have seen the Ghost immobiliser, trackers on tracker.co.uk and I'll code the auto lock doors anyway.

I was looking at an APR remap which I believe they can program the immobiliser onto one of the stalks.. What other security mods should I go for? I don't mind spending up to £500 if needed, and I can happily spend more in a few months so the essentials first.

Thanks

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Really sorry to hear about the Golf. Hope you weren't hurt too bad. Not sure on APR. But I've got a Revo map and bought the OBD gadget that disables your fuel pump. Another thing I'd consider for peace of mind is a tracker. One thing I would like is a steering lock. You'd have to read up on reviews, but there's one which in tests took power tools to remove. Only trouble is, I'd worry about it scratching my steering wheel. LOL.

Reactions: gurpz94

jonnybravo

Feb 19, 2016
barnsley south yorkshire
Really sorry to hear about the Golf. Hope you weren't hurt too bad. Not sure on APR. But I've got a Revo map and bought the OBD gadget that disables your fuel pump. Another thing I'd consider for peace of mind is a tracker. One thing I would like is a steering lock. You'd have to read up on reviews, but there's one which in tests took power tools to remove. Only trouble is, I'd worry about it scratching my steering wheel. LOL.
crook- lock pro on mine wouldn;t be without it

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Yea the oldschool ways still work well, car theft has become ever more technical but they're still flummoxed by a big metal bar across the steering wheel.

Unless they burgle your home and steal the keys!

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
I'd rather them just take the keys then smash into the house to be honest, but if they could just piss off and give up before even trying that would be better.

Reactions: kanyewest

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
Thanks for the recommendations everyone! I had disklok but I gave this to my parents for their safety anyway.

I'm looking for a tracker, and I'm speaking to Wrench Studios and NVM for a custom map with some security features if they can do it. The fuel pump disabling feature sounds like what I'm after.

On a positive note, I'm picking up the car on my birthday :clap:

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
I reckon your dislok is a good idea, as when seen is it worth the hassle of trying to get past it. I just had a car key redone and was amazed by the tech the key guy had and am sure a few others may have similar... :)

Reactions: kanyewest

jonnybravo

Feb 19, 2016
barnsley south yorkshire
I reckon your dislok is a good idea, as when seen is it worth the hassle of trying to get past it. I just had a car key redone and was amazed by the tech the key guy had and am sure a few others may have similar... :)
t
too true bud in our workshop we have software to sort almost anything