Who's ordered a Tarraco and what spec?

Feb 2, 2019
Tarraco 2.0TSI 4Drive Excellence options

Plus:

Titanium Beige Color (Metallic)
PCT Top View Camera
PDD Technology Package 2 (Traffic Jam Assist, Emergency assist, Traffic Sign detection etc.)
PFZ Electronic adjustable driver seat with memory
PNB Beats Audio
PTLA PPH+PGR Tarraco factory launch pack (Auxiliary Webasto heater, heater remote control, timer, electronic tow bar)
PZ2 Mapcare 3 Years
WDA Technology Package 1 (xcellence) High Beam Assist, Blind spot detection, crossing traffic alert, rear cross traffic alert. pre-crash assist ja rollover assist

Preliminary delivery quoted at and of April 2019 (in Finland)

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
UK forbidden fruit on that one ;).

The traffic sign recognition can be turned on (if it's like the Ateca's that have this dropped now) if you got lane assist for the UK market via VCDS and Obdeleven for those wanting it. I find it very good in conjunction with setting 3 mph over limit speed warning so you can get the car back down to speed. Speed limit is taken from the road but reset by any speed signs read. See over on the Ateca thread for details on enabling it. It would be one of the first I would have done plus turn off the stop start. :). MPH / KPH measurement to use is taken from the cars location. All clever stuff. If the signage is too high up it wont read it and abroad sometimes Ive had it pick up a lorries max speed posted on the back. Works 99% of the time.

Reactions: Tony Tonic

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
How would one find someone with VDCS or OBDeleven (that knows what they are doing) that can enable this and various other options near where I Live?

Tell

Staff member
That type of question gets asked on VW boards in Germany. I don't know about VDCS except it more expensive and not portable. Went down the Obdeleven route with the programming option (Pro). It's fairly cost effective if you have an Android device or buy a cheap tablet.

The Ateca mods should be fairly applicable for the Tarraco

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....f-activity-working-ones-for-the-ateca.438134/

They have now added the Tarraco to the models in the product. I never use the micro payment apps just do the screens, toggling and altering bytes. As long as you are careful things shouldn't go wrong. There is a certain amount of disinformation about the Obdeleven, confusion over the micro payment apps. The good thing is it also allows you to monitor error codes.

Cost about £65 + Androud device if you don't have a suitable one.

raimsb6

Sep 19, 2018
I have ordered quite similar spec as Mikko.

2.0 TSI Xcellence, almost fully loaded:
  • Indium Gray metallic
  • Top View
  • Panoramic roof
  • DCC
  • Navigation Plus with Mapcare
  • 7 seats with leather interior
  • Electric driver seat with memory
  • Technology pack 1 and 2 ( High Beam Assist, Blind spot detection, Rear cross traffic alert, Pre-crash assist, Rollover assist, Traffic Jam Assist, Emergency assist, Traffic Sign detection)
  • Beats Audio
  • Launch Pack (Electrically released tow hook + remote controlled auxiliary heater)
  • Wireless charging
  • 20" wheels
Don't have much info about delivery time yet, estimated in May or June. Test drove a 2.0 TDI which has the same price but for me the diesel sound was quite noticeable in idle, opposite of what some reviewers are saying.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
I have ordered quite similar spec as Mikko.

2.0 TSI Xcellence, almost fully loaded:
  • Indium Gray metallic
  • Top View
  • Panoramic roof
  • DCC
  • Navigation Plus with Mapcare
  • 7 seats with leather interior
  • Electric driver seat with memory
  • Technology pack 1 and 2 ( High Beam Assist, Blind spot detection, Rear cross traffic alert, Pre-crash assist, Rollover assist, Traffic Jam Assist, Emergency assist, Traffic Sign detection)
  • Beats Audio
  • Launch Pack (Electrically released tow hook + remote controlled auxiliary heater)
  • Wireless charging
  • 20" wheels
Don't have much info about delivery time yet, estimated in May or June. Test drove a 2.0 TDI which has the same price but for me the diesel sound was quite noticeable in idle, opposite of what some reviewers are saying.
You guys get such a better spec and options than in the UK. Navigation Plus, DCC or any of the Tech PAcks not available to order separately.
You obviously liked it and ordered it but what are your impressions from the test drive? Is it a step up for SEAT in refinement and other things?

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
You guys get such a better spec and options than in the UK. Navigation Plus, DCC or any of the Tech PAcks not available to order separately.
You obviously liked it and ordered it but what are your impressions from the test drive? Is it a step up for SEAT in refinement and other things?

Yeah... you are looking at the effects of Brexit on the £ so Seat UK dont offer higher spec models since it would push the car into the penalty car tax bracket in the UK. Although one of their First Edition models is in that. Least what I think happended to the Seat offer in the UK. The penalty tax bracket would need to be altered and the good times back I reckon to see all the options back on the list.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
Yeah... you are looking at the effects of Brexit on the £ so Seat UK dont offer higher spec models since it would push the car into the penalty car tax bracket in the UK. Although one of their First Edition models is in that. Least what I think happended to the Seat offer in the UK. The penalty tax bracket would need to be altered and the good times back I reckon to see all the options back on the list.
Tell, even the one over 40k is not yet in the penalty tax bracket as you need to take off first year road tax to get the 'list' price.

Tell

Staff member
Tell, even the one over 40k is not yet in the penalty tax bracket as you need to take off first year road tax to get the 'list' price.

I thought it was on the RRP then it will get you on the other years. Perhaps that's there wiggle room by then I saw what you just couldn't get now. So yes that one may scrape threw but with £5,500 of extras I order for my Ateca at the time that would go right over.

raimsb6

Sep 19, 2018
Somehow I didn't notice your question until now. Difficult to answer, but I can compare it to Hyundai Santa Fe which I also test drove. Even though the Hyundai was more spacious and more nice equipment (for example I really liked the heated steering wheel and heads-up display), the Tarraco felt more refined, especially the infotainment and instrument stack. Interior looks and feels modern and refined. Materials were nice considering the price, sure there are hard plastics in lower part of doors and on rear door sills but that should be no surprise at SEAT price point. I'd say it feels very similar to VW Tiguan which I have also driven before. But of course a comparable Tiguan Allspace costs at least 3 thousand euros more.

Downside for me was that there was a noticeable tire noise at speed. Nothing major (about same as Hyundai) but I was secretly hoping for better noise insulation. It had studded tires fitted which will make noise on clean asphalt so I hope it will be better with summer tires.

My previous car was SEAT Exeo and I was very happy with it so that is also why I stick with SEAT. I guess we'll see if was a good decision when I receive the car.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
Somehow I didn't notice your question until now. Difficult to answer, but I can compare it to Hyundai Santa Fe which I also test drove. Even though the Hyundai was more spacious and more nice equipment (for example I really liked the heated steering wheel and heads-up display), the Tarraco felt more refined, especially the infotainment and instrument stack. Interior looks and feels modern and refined. Materials were nice considering the price, sure there are hard plastics in lower part of doors and on rear door sills but that should be no surprise at SEAT price point. I'd say it feels very similar to VW Tiguan which I have also driven before. But of course a comparable Tiguan Allspace costs at least 3 thousand euros more.

Downside for me was that there was a noticeable tire noise at speed. Nothing major (about same as Hyundai) but I was secretly hoping for better noise insulation. It had studded tires fitted which will make noise on clean asphalt so I hope it will be better with summer tires.

My previous car was SEAT Exeo and I was very happy with it so that is also why I stick with SEAT. I guess we'll see if was a good decision when I receive the car.
Thanks for the explanation, I am test driving on Saturday (23.02) now so will see how that goes and if I like it I will not cancel my order, hopefully it is good decision when I receive it in May

What size rims did the test car have? I've seen some reviews mentioning that the 19/20 inch rims have a lot of tire noise but other than that the car is quiet and also some reviewers mentioned wind noise around the mirrors.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
I sat in one today :).

It's a big boy on first impressions on the forecourt. That extra foot over the Ateca is noticeable. Not keen on the reflective material on the dash. Two big knobs on the Sat nav in silver.

Looks nice thou. The grey looked fine.

It passed my front passenger legroom test better than the Ateca. 7 seater, the boot you got a bit of an up and over more so I'd say than the Ateca. Boot floor is raised, 4 drive to 4 drive variants. Ateca boot floor sits lower.

It is a handsome vehicle.

raimsb6

Sep 19, 2018
What size rims did the test car have? I've seen some reviews mentioning that the 19/20 inch rims have a lot of tire noise but other than that the car is quiet and also some reviewers mentioned wind noise around the mirrors.
It had 20" rims with studded tires (winter tires mandatory here). I guess it depends on tires more than rim size. Large rims make it feel a bit stiffer over potholes though. I wish there were more rim designs to choose from, I do not like the 19" wheels at all so only option was to go 20".

Tell

Staff member
@Tell . Did you notice by any chance which brand and model tires come fitted on t'Tarraco?

Err... no I was tempted to take some pictures. They had two demostrators in or one and the other for the showroom. Customer cars that were sold were coming in next week. Thought they would have them in ready for the official launch. They had.

Interesting that the demo model had the old rusty disc brakes. Very rusty so it must have been made a very long time ago and had been sitting around.

We had a conversation about your dealer. The love / hate relationship ;).

Tell

Staff member
OK :)
I can understand why franchise dealers don't like them...

It's probably done to buck up the chains but love / hate relationship either way. It's only a directly managed franchise by Seat but run out of a shopping complex. The hate is they may be patched into an ordering system that they aren't. Probably a pet project of the Seat UK Managing Director :). Still they don't honour Car Wow prices once they quote them which is my beef.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
It's probably done to buck up the chains but love / hate relationship either way. It's only a directly managed franchise by Seat but run out of a shopping complex. The hate is they may be patched into an ordering system that they aren't. Probably a pet project of the Seat UK Managing Director :). Still they don't honour Car Wow prices once they quote them which is my beef.
Well if they are patched in I haven't noticed as I've been given the standard 10-12 weeks wait, build week 12, handover 1st May. So not sure if that is quicker than usual?

They do honour carwow prices, but it was only valid for the 6.4% APR or cash not for the 0%

Tell

Staff member
Well if they are patched in I haven't noticed as I've been given the standard 10-12 weeks wait, build week 12, handover 1st May. So not sure if that is quicker than usual?

Probably in demand... was stated there are always spares cars in the system and they will be able to find them. Probably not the Tarraco but you can envisage models coming through which are surplus get offloaded to their operation. That's what's envisaged.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.