What CUPRA Ateca do you have or have ordered

• Total voters

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
There's going to be a race to be the first to christen the CUPRA readers ride forum

CUPRA-ATECA-Key.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019
Had mine about a month now. Comfort and sound In nevada white. Got a good deal as I had the chance of buying the one the area manager from my local seat dealer had had since November. And for the sake of 5000 motorway miles on a 2 month old car I saved quite a bit from the £38000 otr price. Absolutely love the car still havnt seen another one yet and it dosnt half turn some heads driving through town. Only thing I would like is for it to be a little more vocal when you put it in sport or cupra, even though it is a little louder and makes the odd half hearted pop and bang it could give a little more but other than that I can't fault it. My wife uses it as her daily and loves it and I give it a bit when I get the chance when not in the van. Practical, spacious, a looker and pretty quick aswell as the lad in the s3 found out hope everyone is enjoying there's.

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
Had mine about a month now. Comfort and sound In nevada white. Got a good deal as I had the chance of buying the one the area manager from my local seat dealer had had since November. And for the sake of 5000 motorway miles on a 2 month old car I saved quite a bit from the £38000 otr price. Absolutely love the car still havnt seen another one yet and it dosnt half turn some heads driving through town. Only thing I would like is for it to be a little more vocal when you put it in sport or cupra, even though it is a little louder and makes the odd half hearted pop and bang it could give a little more but other than that I can't fault it. My wife uses it as her daily and loves it and I give it a bit when I get the chance when not in the van. Practical, spacious, a looker and pretty quick aswell as the lad in the s3 found out hope everyone is enjoying there's.
Would be interested to hear how it handles given the height of the car. Also, what extras does the Comfort & Sound version give you over the standard version?
Cheers

Feb 21, 2019
Would be interested to hear how it handles given the height of the car. Also, what extras does the Comfort & Sound version give you over the standard version?
Cheers
Comfort and sound gives you more of the extras that tbh you could live without. Like adaptive cruise control and being to swipe your foot under the boot and it open, which are don't get me wrong along with the other extras it comes with nice to have, but unless your one for your 'tech' it dosnt really make a difference. To be honest I like having all the extras on it and it's nice to show people what they do when they get in the car for the first time but do I use them? I'd say not even half to their full capability. I would have settled for a design so no features apart from stock but a grey one with the copper wheels and better brakes over the one I have but it is nice to have the extras to show off abit. As for the handling I find it to be nice and comfy, eats the road and bumps in the comfort mode as to be expected, more aggressive and revs more in sport and not ideal in curpa unless you on a track or got somthing quick in your rear mirror. Would rather recommend the car all day but I probably would of been 50/50 on buying one for the full otr price as it is alot of money. But if you go basic which you can live with easily then it's alot of car for 35000 brand new

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
Comfort and sound gives you more of the extras that tbh you could live without. Like adaptive cruise control and being to swipe your foot under the boot and it open, which are don't get me wrong along with the other extras it comes with nice to have, but unless your one for your 'tech' it dosnt really make a difference. To be honest I like having all the extras on it and it's nice to show people what they do when they get in the car for the first time but do I use them? I'd say not even half to their full capability. I would have settled for a design so no features apart from stock but a grey one with the copper wheels and better brakes over the one I have but it is nice to have the extras to show off abit. As for the handling I find it to be nice and comfy, eats the road and bumps in the comfort mode as to be expected, more aggressive and revs more in sport and not ideal in curpa unless you on a track or got somthing quick in your rear mirror. Would rather recommend the car all day but I probably would of been 50/50 on buying one for the full otr price as it is alot of money. But if you go basic which you can live with easily then it's alot of car for 35000 brand new
Thanks for answering one of my unasked questions :) I had assumed that the electric tailgate meant that it came with virtual pedal, but that doesn't appear to be stated anywhere explicitly on the website or in the brochure.

TimT

Jul 18, 2019
Not sure yet - time will tell after ive put some miles on the clock..
Nearly 4 months have passed. How is the change from Leon 300 to Ateca going? I had a Leon ST ordered but since the factory messed it up with not adding some optional extras that were ordered, we are looking into how much they can compensate on an Ateca and the wait time that comes with it.

DaveHowe

Dave
Sep 15, 2017
Really enjoyed the change & definitely pleased. I have no regrets going from the Leon. I originally had the ST300 and had ordered another ST300 4WD. Glad i changed my order to the Ateca. Its a great car. I still say the Leon is more fun and better in the corners but I do prefer the overall drive of the Ateca.

Mike_Rew

Oct 15, 2019
Hi, I posted elsewhere on here but found this section using my PC (not everything is obvious on Tapatalk)
I just ordered a Standard Cupra Ateca on a 2 year lease.
It was cheaper than an Ateca FR 1.5 Evo DSG and a Tiguan R Line Tech 1.5 Evo DSG over the 2 years
Have to wait until March (as that's when my current lease Tig goes back) but ion the meantime, I can't wait :)

Reactions: 'Little' John

Christopher Waters

Oct 17, 2019
Hi all my lease deal is up in March 2020 and I have made the jump and ordered the Cupra Ateca in Rhodium grey no option packs but added the panoramic sunroof as I think its a nice addition to the car.

I like to switch it round a bit when I change my car so coming from an Alfa Giulia veloce which is a lovely car but did have a Golf R prior to that which is probably going to be pretty similar to the Cupra. Anyway cant wait for March!!

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
Hi all my lease deal is up in March 2020 and I have made the jump and ordered the Cupra Ateca in Rhodium grey no option packs but added the panoramic sunroof as I think its a nice addition to the car.

I like to switch it round a bit when I change my car so coming from an Alfa Giulia veloce which is a lovely car but did have a Golf R prior to that which is probably going to be pretty similar to the Cupra. Anyway cant wait for March!!
The panoramic sunroof makes a huge difference to the interior. Without it the interior looks very dark and gloomy. Great choice.

Mike_Rew

Oct 15, 2019
Just got an email, build week 49 (Dec 3rd to 9th) with delivery to the dealer 3-4 weeks later. Which is great but don't need the car til March when my current lease finishes

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members