Stupid Things you had done with or in the car

• Thread starter Deleted member 103408
  • Start date

Deleted member 103408

So my 2014 Cupra has been very good and I have not had any rattles to speak off.

Today I fitted some flappy paddle extensions and went for a drive to test them out.

My first rattle in the car, nothing to do with the paddles it was coming from passenger side.
Did some investigations and could not work out what it was. Got home and realised what a plonker i had been.

bottle of fizzy water sitting on passenger seat with the top not fully down so as it was shaken it made a noise.

hmmm no more modding cars for me.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Changed the front pads and discs on SL2. Jumped in. Pumped the brake pedal. Chucked it in reverse but car wouldn't budge. Inspected callipers. Looked fine. Jumped back in. In reverse. Cars raising up. Jumped out. Realised I'd left the chocks behind the rear wheels.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Many, many years back, I was out with my girlfriend and she was getting a bit amorous on the way back home. We could not resist stopping in a quiet street and doing the deed, it was not till we had finished that I realised the layby I had stopped in was actualy the entrance for a fire station, with tenders lined up behind the glass doors just feet from my motor, lucky there was not a call out.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Finished a job late one Sunday evening in my crane so started driving back to the depot. Had to pull in to a lay-by for a call of nature - pure relief turned to hysterical laughter when I realised the engine was running.......which also meant the near side camera was also running.......and recording! Thankfully, it only recorded to an SD card and didn’t send it directly back to head office!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: BadBoy03

caz95

Jan 6, 2019
My mate got a S3 last year and let me have a go, got it up to the restricted 155 on a quiet m62 j7-j6 flew past a highway patrol officer (not traffic) which come after me but left it in the dust as it would of been an instant ban. Wasn't dangerous just stupid.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Circa 1990
We left a Full Moon Party in Portugal in a hurry ( long story, another time maybe..)
2 cars, 6 people in one car and in my little 1968 BMW 2 series
Had four on back bench seat with a girl lying across their laps. Myself driving, my best mate in the passenger seat with a Lurcher on his lap.
No room for my mate Ali, who we had to chuck in the boot!
Drove like mad men to a local cafe on dirt roads, with all the dust billowing in to the boot through the slightly rusty wheel arches.
Someone in the back said they could hear him banging.
so I turned up the sounds and floored it.
9am ish arrive at cafe.
All pile in for coffee and brandy.
Forgot Ali was still in the boot. Only for a minute or two.
Looked mad in front of a couple of old locals.
One of us walking back to the car, popping the boot and my dust covered mate climbing out, off his nut.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Just googled it, not what I thought it was going to be LOL.

Wouldn’t be on google.
Mates arranged whole thing.
Cool venue, after hours restaurant with big outdoor areas Massive army marque for dance floor.
DJ’s from Wales and Lisbon
Coach to pick up the tourists in Albufera. Etc.
Banging tunes and Pure MDMA
Hedonistic Vibe.
Crazy days.

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Wouldn’t be on google.
Cool venue, after hours restaurant with big outdoor areas Massive army marque for dance floor.
Hedonistic Vibe.
Crazy days.

Lol...they should put that in The Transporter movie! Gotta do this stuff when you're young :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparkie

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
First car - 1972 Mini 850cc

Did everything to it including plenty of welding for MOT's. Just completed an oil change and then added the oil. Kept checking the dipstick and still not registering. Added more and then thought hang on a minute..... saw the fresh oil seeping out front under the car around my feet. Far from the first ever oil change and yes I had forgotten to put the sump plug back in. Parents were not happy with the drive although half a bottle of fairy liquid, stiff brush and a hose pipe sorted it. You got to be quick with that one.

That fail never happened again of course.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Stripped and cleaned driveshafts about 3 months before engine rebuild.

Used new Allen head bolts as old star ones were chewed but rushing forgot the 2 hole washer plates

Flat out down bypass to roundabout pulled away and last bolt came out with a thunk and smashed the gearbox casing

Bugger.

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
Wouldn’t be on google.
Hedonistic Vibe.
Crazy days.

why cant i find these on ticketmaster??

Reactions: Sparkie

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Nice to see you still about Fl@pper. its been a long time.

Another stupid action many moons ago come to mind again. 1983 Ford Capri 2.8 (was a lovely motor). Decided to go through a local ford and the girlfriend at the time (the now mrs) said 'I wouldn't do it'. Being a 20 year old said 'it will be ok' and of course got stuck in it. Got pulled out by a tractor, tried to get it started again and got hit by water compression resulting in bottom end bolts going through the block/sump (can't remember which) and a fecked engine.

Needless to say that has been brought up on many occasion ever since despite being some 25 years ago.:stick:

Deleted member 103408

@Pew. I bow down to your bravery.

I cheated and bought a car she did not like (even when it was stock) and she would never drive it now (Exhaust is to noisy apparently).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise