What did you and your MK2 do today?

RnPnJ

Apr 3, 2015
At the moment she's only rtech stage 2. With everything to go 2+. I've got engine mount inserts and poly bush kit with ALK. Been looking at wavetrac diff, please let me know how it feels. What sort of power are you.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
At the moment she's only rtech stage 2. With everything to go 2+. I've got engine mount inserts and poly bush kit with ALK. Been looking at wavetrac diff, please let me know how it feels. What sort of power are you.

I'll let you know when I've give it a blast. I'm pencilled in for fitting next week if they can get all the parts. I'm 2+ 370bhp. You'll have to let us know what the tte480s like when you've got it fitted.

Tarik997

Aug 26, 2018
BIH SARAJEVO
Hi. I did my honeycomb grill.

https://imgur.com/35jEYzW
https://imgur.com/9H78YCm

35jEYzW

9H78YCm

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just a quick heads up, there is a show happening (North East auto show) on the 12th May at the Northern Echo Arena that a few of us are going to for a look round etc tickets are £6 I think so a bargain for a day out.

This isn't a meet with a stand etc but it's a gathering of like minded people and a chance to have a jolly good look round at some cars.

More info here - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/nort-east-auto-show-12-5-19.449107/

If you're around and fancy it pop along and find us.

Sam_FR

Dec 15, 2018
Mines gone in again for third party warranty work on a seized/sticking caliper. Took it to a nationwide auto repair/service chain, gave a list of symptoms all pointing to a caliper seizing (the obvious one being the one wheel coated in brake dust and dust being in the door shuts and sills on the same side, all other wheels nice and clean). "mechanic" said he took it out on a run and it seems fine, I explained that it's an inconsistent fault and was met with, "if its not faulty when I test it, then it doesn't need changing." 10 days later my partner is stranded on the side of the M4 in tears with smoke pouring out of the same caliper, and now have a severely warped disc and glazed pads.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hopefully you've found a new mechanic now? I've just had exactly this. Then on the way home from the garage the other side went!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Wiped bird s**t off the bodywork after I had washed, polished and wax'd the car.

I feel your pain! Although I can't even wash mine at the minute cause my headlight is like a goldfish bowl and I'm trying not to blow the £200 xenon before it goes in Monday.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
I feel your pain! Although I can't even wash mine at the minute cause my headlight is like a goldfish bowl and I'm trying not to blow the £200 xenon before it goes in Monday.
Thank goodness for rapid detailer

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
So.. having picked up my 2012 Supercopa on Thursday evening, I’ve been a busy boy!

I’ve ordered (yet to arrive):
A genuine set of car mats
A replacement set of wheel bolt covers (current ones are faded and white)
Updated SatNav maps for the RNS 315

I have, since Thursday:
Polished up the exhaust tips
Installed USB stick of music
Topped up the coolant (highlighted it was a bit low after the cambelt change the dealer did as part of the purchase)
Replaced both rear tyres after finding a puncture in 1
4 wheel alignment

And also, using VCDS:
Completed a full scan, clearing error codes relating to puncture
Enabled comfort “highway” indicator flash - single flash just didn’t work for me
Enabled start-up needle sweep

And ensured that the folding mirrors were set up to work on remote lock hold.

Tomorrow morning, I hope to give the car a clean, fallout remover and clay bar if I get time!

Been a busy and expensive few days - I now hope that there will be little to spend for some time :)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
So.. having picked up my 2012 Supercopa on Thursday evening, I’ve been a busy boy!

I’ve ordered (yet to arrive):
A genuine set of car mats
A replacement set of wheel bolt covers (current ones are faded and white)
Updated SatNav maps for the RNS 315

I have, since Thursday:
Polished up the exhaust tips
Installed USB stick of music
Topped up the coolant (highlighted it was a bit low after the cambelt change the dealer did as part of the purchase)
Replaced both rear tyres after finding a puncture in 1
4 wheel alignment

And also, using VCDS:
Completed a full scan, clearing error codes relating to puncture
Enabled comfort “highway” indicator flash - single flash just didn’t work for me
Enabled start-up needle sweep

And ensured that the folding mirrors were set up to work on remote lock hold.

Tomorrow morning, I hope to give the car a clean, fallout remover and clay bar if I get time!

Been a busy and expensive few days - I now hope that there will be little to spend for some time :)
That is a busy day! Good work!

Detailing day Monday for me... 7 hours cleaning the outside is always fun lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise