7 speed DSG 290 PPF query

Evans465

Apr 18, 2018
Evening all,

I have purchased a 290 DSG Cupra from a main dealer, car obviously just missed the copper touches and has all the silver detail.

Car was registered as a demo on October 2018, dealer confirmed it has the new 7 speed DSG.

I also asked him if the car has a PPF and he states no, it has missed the PPF inclusion. Given the time frames is this possible? I’m travelling 250 miles to get it and whilst it’s not a deal breaker I would like to know if it could be legit.

My take was that all the 7 speed 290’s would have it.

Thanks in advance.

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
I'd be surprised if there was a 7 speed without GPF.

Ask the dealer to look it up by checking all the PR codes.

Reactions: Evans465

rapidross

Aug 13, 2018
I'd be surprised if there was a 7 speed without GPF.

Ask the dealer to look it up by checking all the PR codes.
Impossible mate! I had pretty much the very first 290 off the production line build week 38 and mine has the gpf fitted.
Sounds like a case of the clueless car dealer I'm afraid mate.

Evans465

Apr 18, 2018
I did wonder.... dealer registered it on 31st October. So guessing it must have been around BW38....

Unless the dealers get the demo sooner than mainstream.

He went away and checked and is adement it doesn’t have one, we will see !

silky16v

#VagDoctor
Jan 26, 2017
lift engine cover check for port injection on inlet manifold if it doesn't have port injection it has PPF

Reactions: rapidross

Evans465

Apr 18, 2018
Asked the dealer to go away and get a proper confirmation and they have confirmed it does have it.... which I think we all suspected

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
i guess that's good for johnny the polar bear ...
but what its drawback ?

Adds restriction to the exhaust system. Aftermarket exhaust options likely to be limited, due to the fact the thing is no doubt electronically monitored and would need either mapped out or the sensor(s) tricked. Nigh on pointless on a car with a well designed engine and using high octane fuel.

silles

May 4, 2017
Adds restriction to the exhaust system. Aftermarket exhaust options likely to be limited, due to the fact the thing is no doubt electronically monitored and would need either mapped out or the sensor(s) tricked. Nigh on pointless on a car with a well designed engine and using high octane fuel.

i see, glad I don't have it on my 300 :D

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
www.kowalskidetails.co.uk
My 2019 68 plate Cupra, has just been into Stockport SEAT for EML light. One of the PPF sensors was faulty, so they replaced that and the wiring, the sooner that is mapped out the better! Then I can have a BCS DP, and clear the pathway for Stage 2/3

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.