Anyone got their Tarraco yet?

Rainman

Sep 25, 2018
Not much left another 2 months more or less ....
hopefully it will be what you are expecting ... from the reviews it seems as a very nice drive

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
I've just received a 2ltr 190 Petrol 4drive Xcellence First Edition Plus for a weeks demo. If anyone has questions I'll try to help.

Cheers

Jiffy
hi thank for the offer.
Some general impressions for now would be great, positives, negatives etc. A couple of pics perhaps?

Jiffy

Mar 7, 2019
hi thank for the offer.
Some general impressions for now would be great, positives, negatives etc. A couple of pics perhaps?

I'll sort some photos over the next few days.. Overriding first impression is that it's a hard ride on 20" wheels. Only did around 40 or so miles between M4 and A roads, and you feel every bump ;it felt a bit twitchy on A roads with plenty of bumps. Cannot understand why Seat have not made the adaptive suspension an option in the UK. It has electric seats fitted, so once I've sorted a comfy position maybe the ride will seem a little less harsh?

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
I'll sort some photos over the next few days.. Overriding first impression is that it's a hard ride on 20" wheels. Only did around 40 or so miles between M4 and A roads, and you feel every bump ;it felt a bit twitchy on A roads with plenty of bumps. Cannot understand why Seat have not made the adaptive suspension an option in the UK. It has electric seats fitted, so once I've sorted a comfy position maybe the ride will seem a little less harsh?
That’s interesting. Im Getting the 19 inch rims but my Test drive was on the 20 and i didn’t particularly feel any bumpy riđe but that was through London and a bit of M4. Maybe im used to it as my Current car isn’t particularly Soft Nor harsh.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
That’s interesting. Im Getting the 19 inch rims but my Test drive was on the 20 and i didn’t particularly feel any bumpy riđe but that was through London and a bit of M4. Maybe im used to it as my Current car isn’t particularly Soft Nor harsh.
Have the transport blocks been removed from the suspension?

Jiffy

Mar 7, 2019
I have no idea, I'm not the first to drive the car. As for the ride, I'm currently driving an A6 which soaks up the bumps.

Tell

Staff member

Have you checked the tyre pressures just in case they are well up. My Ateca I keep on the three people in the car logo not the soft setting with the i on it. You get three options on the logo. Some people opt for the soft setting.

Seats give you a firm ride like Fiats but you probably know that.

Reactions: Tony Tonic

Jiffy

Mar 7, 2019
Have you checked the tyre pressures just in case they are well up. My Ateca I keep on the three people in the car logo not the soft setting with the i on it. You get three options on the logo. Some people opt for the soft setting.

Seats give you a firm ride like Fiats but you probably know that.

I'll check that one in the morning. The Seats are firm, but getting use to them. DAB radio crashed today, nothing, nada..no volume, screen wouldn't work. Switched off for around 3 hours and tried again and it worked. Not a warm feeling on a £38k car

Tell

Staff member
I'll check that one in the morning. The Seats are firm, but getting use to them. DAB radio crashed today, nothing, nada..no volume, screen wouldn't work. Switched off for around 3 hours and tried again and it worked. Not a warm feeling on a £38k car

The standard navigation unit in some models is known for it's unreliability (Ateca). You can reboot by holding onto the on / off button till the speakers pop.... saying that in the standard unit of an Arona they didn't pop but it took 5 seconds or so, may be longer. That's the trick when it freezes up.

Arona has been OK, my Plus is OK never mis behaved in 2+ years, but you do read alot of posts elsewhere on the Ateca standard unit freezing up and stories of firmware updates promised by dealers but still waiting. Alot of posts in the past of people saying the Plus unit isn't money well spent... yes well :).

One of the reasons I didn't want the Tarraco when I found it didnt have the Plus unit available. Arona standard isnt the bees knees of the standard unit not having wifi, so I suspect the Tarraco unit is more like the Ateca standard unit if resent. You'll get a reboot by holding the on / off in for a bit.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
How is it now all ok? any further impressions? thanks!

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
The car went back a week ago today; it's not for me. No real issues save for the price, simply too close to the X3 etc.
I disagree with that to be honest, the basic x3 is well over 40k once you add all the specs the Tarraco has as standard.
BMW is a premium brand and they charge big bucks

raimsb6

Sep 19, 2018
My factory ordered car has finally reached the dealership and is ready for delivery. Was supposed to receive it today but unfortunately the car is still awaiting type certification by the road administration (I guess because it is the first 2.0TSI in the country) and cannot be registered yet. Frustrating but at least I could see it and take a few photos:

DSC_0031.JPG
DSC_0024.JPG

Reactions: Tell

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
My factory ordered car has finally reached the dealership and is ready for delivery. Was supposed to receive it today but unfortunately the car is still awaiting type certification by the road administration (I guess because it is the first 2.0TSI in the country) and cannot be registered yet. Frustrating but at least I could see it and take a few photos:

View attachment 6868 View attachment 6869
Lovely , is that dark camouflage?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.