Ibiza 1.5 disappeared off the uk site

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK

It's not impossible to do, just very difficult...to do. With the lack of traffic, cars or traffic lights, it's possible. Over in the Leon forums with the 1.4 EcoTsi engine, running on 2 cylinders, many have posted 60+ mpg on a run (paper specs is 57-60mpg combined). Me personally I've done some 'lack of traffic' driving on 40-50mph roads, and on several occasions got low 60s mpg over just under 15 miles. Saying that 4.5l/100km is a very good figure, my 1.0 EcoTSI (over 200 miles, Lon to Manchester) I managed 4.9/100km (57mpg). It appears the 1.4/1.5 ACTs on 2 cylinders are very economical.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Yeah, that is my experience - it is more economical than the 1.0l.
I think this engine being so good is one of the reasons they kinda took it away from this car - it was too good package.
...don't even get me started on the consumption of my Cupra 4drive ;) I simply stopped looking so that I don't get depressed :D :D

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Yeah, that is my experience - it is more economical than the 1.0l.
I think this engine being so good is one of the reasons they kinda took it away from this car - it was too good package.
...don't even get me started on the consumption of my Cupra 4drive ;) I simply stopped looking so that I don't get depressed :D :D

My experience with my V40 1.5 petrol too (try to bury my head in the sand with fuel consumption)! I'm confident I can compete with your Cupra on the mpg front. At least you have 300+ bhp to play with, I've got 152.
City, I now manage 27-33mpg (previously my Ibiza 1.0TSI would do 35-48mpg), on 40-50mph roads 42-47mpg (Ibiza would do 53-60+mpg), motorways 41-43 mpg (Ibiza 48-55mpg). Nowadays anything over 40mpg is a :clap:, before it used to be anything over 55mpg was a :clap:.

At least the fuel tank is 62 litres, give me the impression I don't fuel up THAT often, at least the insurance for me was £175 cheaper a year...some of it of course goes towards extra petrol! But on the plus side, NOTHING rattles!

EVOII

Aug 21, 2018
Dutch customers who have ordered their 1.5 in may 2018 have received their car this month. I have checked the vin of the car and its produced 11-01-2019. I don't know how this is possible, because of the 1.5 isn't wltp approved. Anyone an idea?

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Lurking on the VW and Audi websites yesterday. I see the Polo GTI is now back on the configurator (DSG only) but still no sign of the 1.5.

The A1 however is now on the configurator with 1.5 (S-tronic or manual) and 2.0 (S-tronic only) engine options, so there seems to be some progress with WLTP or whatever is causing delays.

Perhaps the Ibiza situation may change again when the more "premium" brand has been sorted first.

I quite like the look of the new A1, but to get the 1.5 you need Sport trim at least, and by the time you have added metallic, climate and some decent looking wheels you're not far off £24k.

Andromedo

Feb 19, 2019
Croatia
In Croatia they also suspended the sales of 1.5tsi, I spoke with the salesman, but she didn't know why that was. Probably because they would rather have you buy Leon and pay a little bit more, then buy Ibiza with the same engine for less money.

I was lucky to get mine 1.5tsi last year :D

Mar 8, 2019
Literally the only place I could find that had anything on this topic. Checked the engine lists back when the 1.5 specs were TBC and am quite annoyed that it's been pulled. Why would I want to downgrade from my 1.4L 2016 to a 1L, looks like I'll be changing to ford or something else when the time comes but the market for a similar car or slightly more powerful is looking trash at the moment for what I consider value. Could end up not even changing my car at this rate and sticking with the 1.4

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Given the widely-reported 'kangaroo-ing' issue with the 1.5, not having it available in the Ibiza may be a lucky escape.

benjyyy

Jun 14, 2017
Owned my 1.5 TSI Ibiza since March 2018 and never experienced any kangaroo-ing.

I recently purchased one and I do notice it a bit but only in the first couple of minutes from cold and in 1st gear. It's not much of an annoyance really

benjyyy

Jun 14, 2017
And since I did quite a bit of moaning about the withdrawal of the 1.5 on this thread after having waited most of last year to order before that news coming, I'm pleased to say I managed to get a deal I'm very happy with on a used car. The LED lights are awesome and make such a difference. Ideally I would've went for the 18" alloys but I'm delighted overall with what I got. Coming from a 2006 1.4 74bhp Ibiza, what a difference!
Screenshot_20190308-140419_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20190308-140440_Photos.jpg

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
I recently purchased one and I do notice it a bit but only in the first couple of minutes from cold and in 1st gear. It's not much of an annoyance really

It seems more serious in other makes/models as people have been complaining about complete power loss and not being able to drive up hills etc.

I had a 1.0 TSI for a while recently as my 1.5 was in for body repairs after another muppet crashed into me. The 1.0 was ok around town etc. and had better fuel economy but it was so slow in comparison.