The ultimate front splitter thread

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Ok, since you twisted my arm... Went out and made a few pics :)

puS4NV4.jpg

8uPpLJb.jpg

wC8RkSu.jpg

Full set is here:
Seat Leon Cupra ST - Rieger splitter and diffuser https://imgur.com/a/OuFWJjr

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
@Slickric21 I have to agree with @Jaco2k on this one, I have the Rieger front splitter and rear diffuser fitted on my 2017 St300. I have to say that the Rieger gear fits like a glove and looks awesome on the car. The front splitter was easy to install but the rear diffuser was a pain in the a**. I know there are a few options to choose from but my money would be on a Rieger all day long. By the way no whistling noise at speed. Had front splitter for 9 months with no problems, rear diffuser for 2 months. View attachment 5102 View attachment 5103 View attachment 5104 View attachment 5105 View attachment 5106

Totally agree that the Rieger Splitter is the one and both @Deano j1971 and @Jaco2k and myself found the front splitter a piece of cake to fit. Looks OEM too.

15487ffd92dc89946ab4a41b4ef1285c.jpg
94e7264cb82b9094997cc2950bf2f110.jpg

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
IMHO, it is much easier to fit the splitter than the diffuser, but you kinda really need 2 persons just at the beginning for the first couple of screws.
There was a lot of swearing and pulling for the diffuser - did that one by myself on ramps and at times I thought I was pulling so hard that the whole bumper would come off :)

Reactions: Deano j1971

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
...also adding an extra thing - ever since I fit that splitter I have been getting loads of (positive) looks to the car, and today some older dude was walking past me while I was parking on a street, he was looking down at the splitter, then at the side of the car and he gave me a thumbs up! :) :)
But also as I said, this is a VERY uncommon car here in Finland, and in particular in the city I live I haven't seen any other ST Cupras, let alone a 4drive.
There are a few FRs and oddly enough, a couple of streets from me, a 280 hatch

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
Thsts a fair point but I found without the side skirts the front looked to low. Then with the skirts the black splitter needed to match.

Just my opiniin though...
View attachment 5101

I'm a big fan of the sides of your cupra, could you tell me what parts you used? The black strip and cupra logo especially really set the car off.
I'm on the 2014 pre facelift Cupra SC but I'm hoping something similar will be available.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I'm a big fan of the sides of your cupra, could you tell me what parts you used? The black strip and cupra logo especially really set the car off.
I'm on the 2014 pre facelift Cupra SC but I'm hoping something similar will be available.
The side skirts are just standard full side skirts :) (nit the blades I have on the carbon)

Stripes are custom. Effectively the bottom of the door is wrapped. The vinyl wrapper used some stuff called knifeless tape to create the top line of the stripe. Then out the wrap on, then pulled the tape to cut the line.

The cupra stickers are off of eBay :) think the lady is called Jaynes obsession.

Scottrick

Oct 1, 2018
Northern Ireland
Mk3 leon fr.

Is there a way of fitting the splitter without having to take the bumper off? Hopefully at some point going to be getting myself the spoiler, side skirts, splitter and maybe the rear valance. Seen someone selling the spoiler and side skirts that'll do mine perfect for £250, just need to get them both painted. Need to compare with seat though to see if I'll be saving much.

Scottrick

Oct 1, 2018
Northern Ireland
Reiger Splitter fitted to a Mk3 67 plate Cupra DID NOT require the front bumper removal.

Just get the front end off the ground and it’s a piece of cake to fit.

I've seen others doing it with self tappers and some just using the glue so they don't have to take the bumper off.

Seen some say it's best using the bolts and nuts supplied to fully secure it, and to do so apparently involves removing the bumper. Suppose it's a case of personal preference.

Ty mate.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I've seen others doing it with self tappers and some just using the glue so they don't have to take the bumper off.

Seen some say it's best using the bolts and nuts supplied to fully secure it, and to do so apparently involves removing the bumper. Suppose it's a case of personal preference.

Ty mate.

Mines fitted using 22 self tappers and some silicon sealant and it’s as tight today as the day it was fitted. Others can confirm this too. @Deano j1971 was the one who put me onto it and I’m well happy with it.

If you look at post #242 of this thread you’ll see my Desire Red Cupra with splitter fitted and @Deano j1971 Nevada White Cupra ST with Reiger front and rear splitter/diffuser.

Scottrick

Oct 1, 2018
Northern Ireland
Mines fitted using 22 self tappers and some silicon sealant and it’s as tight today as the day it was fitted. Others can confirm this too. @Deano j1971 was the one who put me onto it and I’m well happy with it.

If you look at post #242 of this thread you’ll see my Desire Red Cupra with splitter fitted and @Deano j1971 Nevada White Cupra ST with Reiger front and rear splitter/diffuser.

Yeah I think that's the best way, think that's the way to do it. Cheers for that, makes life alot easier. Thought the bumper was gonna have to be ripped off .

Love both of them, real tidy job, class looking. Think the all black is definitely the way to go, looks so much nicer than matching the colour imo.

Think I'll be going with the maxton one, maybe just me but it looks 'meaner' lol. Just time to buy now. Thanks again

Last edited:

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
What’s the most oem looking front splitter for a facelift cupra?

There appears to be 4 main brands:

Rieger, ksb, maxton and trc

Trc site says they don’t do facelift version yet but read some have made it work with a bit of work.

I’m looking fir something not in ya face but subtle looking.

Thanks

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Does anyone know if the official front lip fits a facelift Cupra ST without any modifications ?
Also what is part number ??
I have seen there was some discussion about this very early on the thread but it kind of fizzled out.

I’m thinking of asking my dealer to fit one to my new car when it arrives later in the year.
They are fitting the official side skirts for me and think the front lip will be the best aesthetic match.

hallsy67

Mar 11, 2010
Bristol
I would fit a front splitter on mine but the bumper almost catches the kerb when driving in our drive. My other half would end up ripping it off.

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
Does anyone know if the official front lip fits a facelift Cupra ST without any modifications ?
Also what is part number ??
I have seen there was some discussion about this very early on the thread but it kind of fizzled out.

I’m thinking of asking my dealer to fit one to my new car when it arrives later in the year.
They are fitting the official side skirts for me and think the front lip will be the best aesthetic match.

Yes it does, I have it fitted to mine

Reactions: Slickric21
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members