Sub 8 and TTS disc comparability?

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
www.kowalskidetails.co.uk
Called Reyland and they start off at £745 initially for a floating set and then £345 next time you need them which is expensive unless you are keeping it for a good few years as you can but the oem Brembo for about £350 online for a set of 2.

Bolted is £545? How much are TTRS? They’re like £350+vat? You could go VBT 362mm and they’re even more expensive again

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Bolted is £545? How much are TTRS? They’re like £350+vat? You could go VBT 362mm and they’re even more expensive again

All he said was the initial 2 part are £745 and then if they warp or wear out again you just need the 2 outer discs at £345.

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
Called Reyland and they start off at £745 initially for a floating set and then £345 next time you need them which is expensive unless you are keeping it for a good few years as you can buy the oem Brembo for about £350 online for a set of 2.

Yeah 2 piece discs are lighter than the OEM 370mms which are left handed and prone to warping. I’ll
Be going for Reyland when I get round to putting 4 pots on my Cupra...

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Yeah 2 piece discs are lighter than the OEM 370mms which are left handed and prone to warping. I’ll
Be going for Reyland when I get round to putting 4 pots on my Cupra...
I think it's more down to the pads and dsg rather than the Brembo and handed , pretty sure if you used stock pads with the Reyland and sat with your foot on the brake the same would happen.

Reactions: Damo H

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
I think it's more down to the pads and dsg rather than the Brembo and handed , pretty sure if you used stock pads with the Reyland and sat with your foot on the brake the same would happen.

2 handed discs can cause heat ssues which lead to warping. If you do research on the OEM 370mm discs Sub 8/TTRS/RS3 discs there are tonnes of people that have warped discs. If you wanna replace with like for like but why take the risk?

2 piece are lighter and also look better which is an added bonus as I think there is an asthetic element to brakes too....

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
2 handed discs can cause heat ssues which lead to warping. If you do research on the OEM 370mm discs Sub 8/TTRS/RS3 discs there are tonnes of people that have warped discs. If you wanna replace with like for like buy why take the risk?

2 piece are lighter and also look better which is an added bonus as I think there is an asthetic element to brakes too....

I hear what your saying but RS3 air ducts would sort the cooling and you can't really see mine anyway and your talking twice the cost so you could buy 4 instead of 2 .
Just
20190310_155648.jpg

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
2 handed discs can cause heat ssues which lead to warping. If you do research on the OEM 370mm discs Sub 8/TTRS/RS3 discs there are tonnes of people that have warped discs. If you wanna replace with like for like but why take the risk?

Loads of people saying they’ve warped, when in fact it’s brake pad deposit, due to the DSG and pads. It’s more the pads than the discs that are at fault the more I read.

Not saying the discs are fantastic, can’t believe they’re not handed properly, but it’s more the pads and the way you hold the brake on with a DSG after a hard stop leaving brake pad deposits.

Skimming the disc seems to fix the issue if it starts being an issue.

I’m happy with the discs and if it happens I’ll have them skimmed and swap the Brembo pads out. When the discs need replacing however I’ll go for a proper 2 piece setup.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Maybe so Damo but they’re really heavy too so weight saving is another benefit of going 2 piece..
Yeah, seems silly that they’ve gone some way to make them fully 2 piece but not followed through 100%. I won’t be replacing them with stock discs but equally not going to spend money I don’t need to.

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
Yeah, seems silly that they’ve gone some way to make them fully 2 piece but not followed through 100%. I won’t be replacing them with stock discs but equally not going to spend money I don’t need to.

Of course, you’ve got the Cupra Carbon? Or R? I’ve got a normal ST and I’ll change the brakes myself so I’ll get it right first time :love:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.