Leather option

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Hi,
I am from Ireland and I am looking at ordering a new Ateca FR 2.0/150/DSG.
I am looking at the leather upgrade.
Cab anyone confirm the quality of the leather as compared to the standard alcantara?
I seem to remember a friend saying the leather was not great quality.
Thanks

Reactions: Tell

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
Hi,
I am from Ireland and I am looking at ordering a new Ateca FR 2.0/150/DSG.
I am looking at the leather upgrade.
Cab anyone confirm the quality of the leather as compared to the standard alcantara?
I seem to remember a friend saying the leather was not great quality.
Thanks
I prefer alcantara to leather these days, not cold in winter and not sticky in summer.

Reactions: vectra

Tell

Staff member
My 2017 Ateca bought in 2016 has black leather. The leather wear is fine.

Hot in the summer, cold in the winter - you need heated seats. Plus side you can drop chocolate on it, negative side is the summer heat.

I was against leather and it was never offered as an option on the launch Excellence in the UK, black leather was "free", saying that it does look good. The Irish at one stage could get the leather in black or brown. Without checking the Irish spec now, not sure of the position at present.

I feel nervous of eating chocolate in the partners alcantara fabric Arona :). No doubt I'll be damming about leather in the summer heat again. It's manageable by keeping towels to sit on so as not to burn yourself and a front sun blind if you park up facing south.

Reactions: vectra

perelaar

Jan 18, 2019
Sugartown Belgium
Currently driving a Leon ST FR, black leather interior. Still looks as good as new, after 112000km and 3 years...
When ordering our Cupra Ateca, the dealer warned us against alcantara, as we regularly have to transport our dogs in the car. Looks very nice, but a pain to get clean.

Reactions: vectra and Tell
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.