MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
After being told mine was on a boat, then not on a boat, then on a boat, i am hoping that the Aquarius Ace thats just departed Barcelona has my Cupra on board :shrug:

Juro

Dec 5, 2018
Just spoken to Seat UK. Car was built this week and is now in transit to the port.

Reactions: bgb

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
After being told mine was on a boat, then not on a boat, then on a boat, i am hoping that the Aquarius Ace thats just departed Barcelona has my Cupra on board :shrug:

SEAT confirmed today was placed on Pegasus Ace March 7th.. bloody circles this ship malarkey:fool:

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Not really loving the potential news of no Brexit happening and a 10% Tax being applied to new cars imported from the EU .

Wonder where I’d stand with my order placed 3 weeks ago with an eta of July.
No way I’m paying another £3k !!

Thinking about cancelling my order and trying to get my deposit back, before the order has been accepted by the factory.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Not really loving the potential news of no Brexit happening and a 10% Tax being applied to new cars imported from the EU .

Wonder where I’d stand with my order placed 3 weeks ago with an eta of July.
No way I’m paying another £3k !!

Thinking about cancelling my order and trying to get my deposit back, before the order has been accepted by the factory.

Why cancel? Has your order been confirmed to having an increase? What would you do other wise...?

Personally, i would just ride it out as i don't see any confirmation from SEAT about 'X' orders being slapped with a 10% rise.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
I could just be panicking and it might never happen, but today a ‘No deal’ got a hell of a lot closer !!!
Just read the T’s and C’s on the order form and it states..
Purchaser shall be bound to pay any amount of car tax and value
added tax or other tax or duty that the seller has legally become boundto pay, notwithstanding any amount specified on the order form”

VW have already released a statement stating that any increases will be passed to the consumers

furtive

Feb 19, 2019
I got the SLI number from my lease company and then called Seat UK.

‭0808 522 2222 is the number for SEAT, then choose option 7.

I just called and my car is now in Grimsby getting covered in seagull poo, and is awaiting transport to the dealership. Should be at the dealer on Monday

Laurbach

Jan 22, 2019
Mine had a confirmed build week last week of February. Called Seat today with my SLI and they said its on the dock at the EU port being shipped out tonight. Should be with the dealership in 7 to 10 days. Does that sound realistic?
It's taken 2 weeks to go from the factory to the port and then only 10 days from Spain to York

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Mine had a confirmed build week last week of February. Called Seat today with my SLI and they said its on the dock at the EU port being shipped out tonight. Should be with the dealership in 7 to 10 days. Does that sound realistic?
It's taken 2 weeks to go from the factory to the port and then only 10 days from Spain to York

Mine was built BW8 (wc 18th Feb) and has only just been confirmed as being on a ship that's currently moored at Sheerness. From there to Grimbsy I've found it takes a day from historic data.

SEAT told me it would take 7/10 working days from docking at Grimbsy to get to dealer, not from Barcelona, so i would take that estimate with a pinch of salt, as its been 3 weeks :yes: they did say before it was a 3-4 week trip from build week to destination port.

From taking up a new hobby of ship watching, ( a "gongoozler" according to Google...), i would say your car will be on the Aquarius Ace, as that left Barcelona today.. so fingers crossed!:thumbup:

Last edited:
Reactions: Laurbach

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
New ST4drive arrived at 3pm, old ST 290 Black Edition left @ 3-30!

Despite a couple of bad kerb marks on 1 rim, no damage report was needed - apparently only if the spokes are damaged do they bother charging so just 200 ish miles excess to pay (£12!).

New one arrived dirty and the fuel light flashing - apparently dealer didn't fuel it before pick-up so they are refunding me £25.

No badge at all on my transmission tunnel - no Cupra or 4 drive!!

One query - anyone know what the most up to date nav version is please?

Out in the car tonight so will post first thoughts overnight.

Mar 13, 2019
I'd vote, but it's none of the above (I think). My ST 300 DSG 4Drive 7 Speed dropped through the letter box last Friday. Should I be happy? :clap:

PS, I rather like Magnetic Gray with copper badges. Good job, as the choice was that or black. [B)]

Reactions: bgb

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
New ST4drive arrived at 3pm, old ST 290 Black Edition left @ 3-30!

Despite a couple of bad kerb marks on 1 rim, no damage report was needed - apparently only if the spokes are damaged do they bother charging so just 200 ish miles excess to pay (£12!).

New one arrived dirty and the fuel light flashing - apparently dealer didn't fuel it before pick-up so they are refunding me £25.

No badge at all on my transmission tunnel - no Cupra or 4 drive!!

One query - anyone know what the most up to date nav version is please?
Out in the car tonight so will post first thoughts overnight.

I forgot to add, that the issue of the split seat trim was also not discussed or mentioned in the Condition Report - wonder if VWFS have told BCA to ignore this as its obviously a manufacturer issue?

First impressions - better throttle response, much improved traction when accelerating (as would be expected), faster to national speed limits (but would expect 2wd to be catching me after), heated seats are crap compared to my old car (perhaps because of leather?), headlights appear to be improved, very linear acceleration as if the lag has been mapped out, the auto-handbrake is inconsistent and requires driver intervention to activate at times and Start-stop hasnt reared its ugly head yet.

Anyone help with my nav version query? the SD card has the following reference: 6PO.919.866.AF?

Reactions: RZ46
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members