MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Rob5113

Feb 7, 2019
After ordering on 25th October '18, my 5 door Cupra 290 DSG in Magnetic Grey is due to be delivered a week today ! I could have had it 2 weeks ago but resisted the urge so that there was no overlap and additional insurance with my existing car.

One question for anyone who has taken delivery recently.......any sign of a Winter Pack or Heated Seats on the non Lux version ? My initial order stated that the vehicle would have the Winter Pack as a standard option but I understand that it then became an optional extra around the time that I placed the order so I'm unsure either way ? I won't hold my breath but am secretly hoping that mine has crept through with the Winter Pack as promised ?

Laurbach

Jan 22, 2019
Mine was built BW8 (wc 18th Feb) and has only just been confirmed as being on a ship that's currently moored at Sheerness. From there to Grimbsy I've found it takes a day from historic data.

SEAT told me it would take 7/10 working days from docking at Grimbsy to get to dealer, not from Barcelona, so i would take that estimate with a pinch of salt, as its been 3 weeks :yes: they did say before it was a 3-4 week trip from build week to destination port.

From taking up a new hobby of ship watching, ( a "gongoozler" according to Google...), i would say your car will be on the Aquarius Ace, as that left Barcelona today.. so fingers crossed!:thumbup:

Sounds like a fun hobby As our "pro gongoozler" do you know how long the trip is from Barcelona to Grimsby?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
After ordering on 25th October '18, my 5 door Cupra 290 DSG in Magnetic Grey is due to be delivered a week today ! I could have had it 2 weeks ago but resisted the urge so that there was no overlap and additional insurance with my existing car.

One question for anyone who has taken delivery recently.......any sign of a Winter Pack or Heated Seats on the non Lux version ? My initial order stated that the vehicle would have the Winter Pack as a standard option but I understand that it then became an optional extra around the time that I placed the order so I'm unsure either way ? I won't hold my breath but am secretly hoping that mine has crept through with the Winter Pack as promised ?

Winter Pack was only available on a Lux. Unfortunately SEAT messed up with details put out so you won’t be getting it. Other 290 owners can confirm this (I have a 300).

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Sounds like a fun hobby As our "pro gongoozler" do you know how long the trip is from Barcelona to Grimsby?

Haha, I think instead of Pro Gongoozler its more a case of pro-procrastinating :smoke:

The below is roughly what i have gone off for times, taking one port away from the other gives you an idea.

Attachments

• ship times.JPG
    ship times.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: Laurbach

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013

You won't have the winter pack I'm afraid. Lux only.

Oozy132

Feb 17, 2019
Evening all,

This is my first post but I have been following this thread for a while now.
Just placed my order today for a Cupra 290 non Lux in Magnetic Grey! Extremely excited for the car but unfortunately have to wait until June to pick up due to current car commitments.

It has already been built and is apparently making its way over shortly but I have hopped on it now as many dealers/brokers are worrying about the issue of impending Brexit at the end of the month and price increases. Will be posting pictures when she arrives!

madhubbs

Oct 24, 2018
Evening all,

This is my first post but I have been following this thread for a while now.
Just placed my order today for a Cupra 290 non Lux in Magnetic Grey! Extremely excited for the car but unfortunately have to wait until June to pick up due to current car commitments.

It has already been built and is apparently making its way over shortly but I have hopped on it now as many dealers/brokers are worrying about the issue of impending Brexit at the end of the month and price increases. Will be posting pictures when she arrives!
You will love it colour combo really works well

Attachments

• E4815493-5233-46EE-9D47-86846E417252.jpeg
    E4815493-5233-46EE-9D47-86846E417252.jpeg
    317.8 KB · Views: 171
  • C6B6CABE-3893-487E-9046-E03358D32085.jpeg
    C6B6CABE-3893-487E-9046-E03358D32085.jpeg
    337.8 KB · Views: 172

madhubbs

Oct 24, 2018
Hi all, had the car a week now and love it but one thing that is shocking on hard acceleration the wheel hop. Has anyone else noticed this, I have had some quick cars as I track day but felt nothing like this. Any easy fixes would be great as I can’t see how this is good for the car.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Hi all, had the car a week now and love it but one thing that is shocking on hard acceleration the wheel hop. Has anyone else noticed this, I have had some quick cars as I track day but felt nothing like this. Any easy fixes would be great as I can’t see how this is good for the car.
You just have to learn to accelerate with what it can handle. If you just slam your accelerator down it's gonna hop and spin up. Forget flooring it when it's damp/wet.

RZ46

Dec 4, 2018
East England

Hi, I’ve had mine for a week now and have the same wheel hop. Almost like something is going to break. I’d also be greatfull if anyone has any tips. Only happens with traction off & in sport.

madhubbs

Oct 24, 2018
Hi, I’ve had mine for a week now and have the same wheel hop. Almost like something is going to break. I’d also be greatfull if anyone has any tips. Only happens with traction off & in sport.
Glad it’s not just me surprising this has not been mentioned before as it’s not a great feeling. Never know it that bad in any front wheel drive car I’ve had and had a few with high power.

Reactions: RZ46

madhubbs

Oct 24, 2018
You just have to learn to accelerate with what it can handle. If you just slam your accelerator down it's gonna hop and spin up. Forget flooring it when it's damp/wet.
Must be a fix of some kind as something is clearly flexing causing this issue.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
It's mentioned quite a lot in different threads. It's a lot of power going through the front wheels. To much to be heavy footed in damp/wet conditions, you'll get used to using its capabilites without wheel hop.

Reactions: madhubbs

JPR

Dec 28, 2018
There is a cheap mod you can do to eliminate the wheel hop, I’ll be doing it when mine arrives in April probably.

It’s an engine mount, plenty threads discussing it on here

Reactions: RZ46 and madhubbs

madhubbs

Oct 24, 2018
There is a cheap mod you can do to eliminate the wheel hop, I’ll be doing it when mine arrives in April probably.

It’s an engine mount, plenty threads discussing it on here
Thanks for the reply do you have a link please

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

Engine mount insert (or full mount) and change tyres to PS4S will help reduce wheel hop.

Engine mounts from Powerflex, 034 Motorsport etc.

Reactions: RZ46 and madhubbs

Rob5113

Feb 7, 2019
Winter Pack was only available on a Lux. Unfortunately SEAT messed up with details put out so you won’t be getting it. Other 290 owners can confirm this (I have a 300).

I thought as much, that’s a shame as I’ve grown to love the Winter Pack in my existing vehicle and my cheeks have got used to being toasty on these cold mornings ! I confirmed with the lease company before I placed the order that it would have the Winter Pack and they sent me a copy of what was supposed to be the most up to date brochure provided by the Seat dealer confirming that it came as a standard option. It’s a bit late to cancel the car now so I’ve e-mailed the agent to see who will admit to being at fault and what compensation / freebies they’ll cough up for the inconvenience.......watch this space !

Reactions: Copra68
Mar 15, 2019
Hi. Im new here. Just picked my new cupra today. There are few thing that I like and few which unfortunately are worst than my previous car ( 2017 golf r 7.5 )

Good things bigger alloys, dcc as standard, great seats they look much better than golf ones, no adoptive cruise control in ez version , better position of mode button.
Bad things touch screen is not as good, back of the car with that black plastic around reg loooks crap, worst quality plastics inside, stereo not loud enough

Overall Im happy

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire
Hi. Im new here. Just picked my new cupra today. There are few thing that I like and few which unfortunately are worst than my previous car ( 2017 golf r 7.5 )

Good things bigger alloys, dcc as standard, great seats they look much better than golf ones, no adoptive cruise control in ez version , better position of mode button.
Bad things touch screen is not as good, back of the car with that black plastic around reg loooks crap, worst quality plastics inside, stereo not loud enough

Overall Im happy

I’m the same, not bothered about the plastics inside don’t notice too much, unsure why seat don’t paint the bit around the plate. Very off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.