Going from lowered to original suspension

LiamCupra290

Mar 11, 2016
Hi all,

Had the 290 SC running on lowered springs for 3 years now (from new) and as I’m intending on buying the car when the balloon payment comes up next month I’m thinking of putting the original springs back on. I don’t think I can continue with the absolutely awful comfort anymore (maybe I’m getting old :happy:)

Anyone who is mechanically minded know if the shocks will be okay with the original springs back on after running on lowered for 18k miles? Am I right in thinking there shouldn’t be any adverse results due to the low mileage?

Opinions and experience please! Cheers

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
When I've had springs replaced in the past, when they've snapped, it's only been advised to replace both i.e. both rear springs. Nothing was suggested about the shocks and, in your case, I can't see how having the working range reduced slightly for 18k would effect them.

LiamCupra290

Mar 11, 2016
Yeah I thought it should be okay. Just had a quote for £500 labour from the dealer.... seems a tad excessive. Anyone got an idea of how much this should be? Based in West Midlands. Cheers!

LiamCupra290

Mar 11, 2016
What springs where you running out of interest?
H&R 30mm drop. Look great but I’m just fed up of the ride quality. Roads in Birmingham are worse than in the north east so I’m looking to put back standard. Just need to find a decent garage that quote a realistic price.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise