Spray Sealant is my new friend

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Took the car for a 47mile errand and had to clean her when I got home.
So the usual pressure wash, snow foamed, pressure washed, washed.
Now normally for my weekly wash I would dry with microfibre towels but I’ve just bought Gyeon Wet Wash and can honestly say it is ferkin’ awesome.
I use Gyeon Bathe+ to wash the car and must say the water just beads off using this, however with the addition of Wet Coat the water literally runs off leaving very little to dry and leaves the paintwork with a nice shine and silky feel - I’m hooked .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Normal weekly wash today and must admit the Gyeon Wet Coat lives up to its name - holy sh*t the water just runs off after the first pass with pressure wash
Treated the better half’s X-trail to a maintenance wash and finished with Wet Coat (not that she’s gonna notice)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Looks like I'll be buying something this weekend after all haha

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
74a59d859cb647aab2709ce0fe5133fc.jpg
6a6c51f46d8ee352f551b2f76b911fc2.jpg

Frozen bubbles of water this morning

Two90Black

Mar 3, 2019
Be very careful with Gyeon Wet Coat. It can build up on the car if not fully rinsed off. It can also leave what looks like dried in water marks and is a pain to remove.

If you like the water beading off.... but with a little more elbow grease applied then Collinite 845 Insulator wax is really good. Goes on and comes off very easily. Lasts for months too.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Be very careful with Gyeon Wet Coat. It can build up on the car if not fully rinsed off. It can also leave what looks like dried in water marks and is a pain to remove.

If you like the water beading off.... but with a little more elbow grease applied then Collinite 845 Insulator wax is really good. Goes on and comes off very easily. Lasts for months too.
I recently used auto finesse aqua coat which is the same sort of thing... Did exactly as it said but still got the dried water marks... Which is very annoying! I always use my collinite thanks to the heads up from @Legojon about the liquid version. As long as its warm it does an awesome job!

Two90Black

Mar 3, 2019
I recently used auto finesse aqua coat which is the same sort of thing... Did exactly as it said but still got the dried water marks... Which is very annoying! I always use my collinite thanks to the heads up from @Legojon about the liquid version. As long as its warm it does an awesome job!

Yeah the SiO2 dries solid if you don’t completely rinse it or dry it after.

I put my Collinite in warm water then gave it a good shake to get it mixed back in. But now it liquifies quite easily.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Yeah the SiO2 dries solid if you don’t completely rinse it or dry it after.

I put my Collinite in warm water then gave it a good shake to get it mixed back in. But now it liquifies quite easily.
My aqua didn't dry I guarantee it lol it just didn't do what I thought... Maybe I did something wrong but hey haha I like my collinite

Reactions: Two90Black

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Have used gyeon Wet Coat a few times now and always just spritz one panel at a time then immediately power wash off, once whole car done then I dry it with either MF towels or power dryer - haven’t got any water spots

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Have used gyeon Wet Coat a few times now and always just spritz one panel at a time then immediately power wash off, once whole car done then I dry it with either MF towels or power dryer - haven’t got any water spots

It said on the bottle to spray the car when wet then wash it off maybe this is the way forward but I have no trust in it now lol them dry water marks are annoying to get off!

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
It said on the bottle to spray the car when wet then wash it off maybe this is the way forward but I have no trust in it now lol them dry water marks are annoying to get off!

Yeah I only spray it on when the car has been rinsed and still wet

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
I honestly can’t recommend this enough, so been at work for two weeks and come back to filthy cars - done my normal maintenance wash (power wash/snow foam/power wash rinse/hand wash/power wash rinse) and at each stage there is crazy water run-off, I mean the hydrophobic properties are insane

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire

AutoGlym Spray Sealant can also leave behind water marks if not rinsed correctly which are also a pain to remove, but if you like water beading, with less elbow grease than Collinite and for me last longer then Sonax Xtreme Protect & Shine..

Reactions: Compo1

JonnyG

Mar 18, 2019
I honestly can’t recommend this enough, so been at work for two weeks and come back to filthy cars - done my normal maintenance wash (power wash/snow foam/power wash rinse/hand wash/power wash rinse) and at each stage there is crazy water run-off, I mean the hydrophobic properties are insane }
]

Haha ... I'm with you on this one ! I've been using Gyeon Wet Coat for over two years now after stocking up with 2 of the large containers. Its perfect for Winter washing IMHO as its so easy to apply and then just jet wash off over the whole car - paint, black trim, alloys, even the front plastic inner wheel arches. The beading is there straight after jetwashing too...very impressive.

My tips are

(1) Apply with a light even spray a panel at a time (using a pump pressure dispenser bottle is best);
(2) Spread around very lightly and quickly with a wet MF cloth
(3) Jetwash off, at pressure, slowly in a regimented fashion to avoid missing any areas
(4) After doing all panels dry the glass and black trim immediately to avoid streaking.
(5) If any panels look like they might have any streaking use the wet MF cloth from Step 2 to go over them again and dry off with a clean dry MF.

Reactions: Compo1 and bruceR

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
You should always dry off after applying wet coat, or even go over with a detailer like Sonax BSD. Ultimately they want you to use Gyeon Cure, but thats expensive stuff to use too often.

I find Wet Coat is best used every now and again as a top up for a previously applied ceramic coating. If used that way the coating should in effect last indefinitely.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.