My CUPRA Curse

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Some of you may know that I waited 15 months for my Cupra 300 (then 290) after experiencing loads of issues with SEAT finance and SEAT themselves.

Only had the car 2 months, 1k on the clock and last night I got rear-ended. The damage didn't look too bad at all this time, but who knows..

Had to call SEAT ensurance again. Hopefully they'll be as good as the last time i called when my 280 was almost written off 2 years ago.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
Some of you may know that I waited 15 months for my Cupra 300 (then 290) after experiencing loads of issues with SEAT finance and SEAT themselves.

Only had the car 2 months, 1k on the clock and last night I got rear-ended. The damage didn't look too bad at all this time, but who knows..

Had to call SEAT ensurance again. Hopefully they'll be as good as the last time i called when my 280 was almost written off 2 years ago.

Gutted to hear this! You really haven't had much luck. Fingers crossed it all gets sorted quickly and smoothly with no more problems!

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

rapidross

Aug 13, 2018
Bloody hell mate you've had some bad luck.good job u signed up to the seat ensurance at least you should get a like for like replacement in the mean time.keep us updated!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I was at a traffic controlled roundabout waiting for the lights.

When they turned green I waited as I heard sirens and an ambulance entered the roundabout from the left.

Unfortunately the car behind only saw the green lights and went into the back of me.

Ironically it was an unmarked police car.

Called SEAT ensurance and they have been ok so far.
The garage have had a look at the damage and have gone away to do an estimate. It doesn't look bad at all especially as the third party was not up to speed at impact.

So far though the quote is going to replace:
Rear bumper/diffuser, parking sensors, reflectors. The exhaust seems fine at this stage.

SEAT ensurance had arranged to put me in something like for like when my car is booked in for repairs.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I am not a native English speaker, but do you guys mean "insurance"? Or is an ensurance something new?
Ensurance is the service SEAT UK provide to "compliment" your standard insurance.

From what they are telling me on this occasion: They have created a case based on a non fault claim.

If the 3rd party officially admit liability, then all the repairs and the courtesy car are sorted between SEAT ensurance and the 3rd party insurer.
My insurance company won't need to be notified or get involved. (Obviously I'll I have to declare my non fault accident when it comes to renewal)

They guarantee a SEAT approved repair/repairer (in this case my dealership) and a like for like courtesy car.

If the 3rd party fail to admit fault or do not authorize my repairs, then my insurer gets involved and it gets more complicated.

It worked out for me last time, but others have had very different experiences - so we'll see.

hallsy67

Mar 11, 2010
Bristol
Sorry to hear your bad news. My 2014 cupra was written off in November last year and took an age to sort. Hope yours goes smoothly.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Very! Have they admitted liability?
The officer did at the scene.
Said he was focussed on the green light.
Then he said that it was a wrap as he went into the back of my car.

SEAT have said that it should be very straight forward too. The lady on the phone said this was the best type of accident to have

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
The officer did at the scene.
Said he was focussed on the green light.
Then he said that it was a wrap as he went into the back of my car.

SEAT have said that it should be very straight forward too. The lady on the phone said this was the best type of accident to have

Hopefully all goes smoothly for you.

May be cursed but at least you arent injured (hopefully)

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Update..

I'm still waiting on the repairs.

SEAT ensurance haven't been as effective this time around but at this stage it's not their fault.

They've reached out to the 3rd party insurer and sent the estimate. I'm currently waiting on admittance of liability and authorization for the repairs by the 3rd party.

The 3rd party insurer wasn't even aware of the claim/incident when SEAT ensurance contacted them.

Sounds like even though the officer (3rd party) filed the report it hadn't made it through the system, through to the fleet manager and then the insurer.

I've chased it with the officer and hopefully it'll gain traction soon.

Looking forward to getting this sorted, especially as I'm getting the front lip added with the repair.

Felt I owed it to myself, considering I'm having to repair it with only 1.2k on the clock.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Finally getting my car repaired tomorrow. It's been a long wait. The police's insurance were the cause of the hold up.

Getting the repair and the front lip added over the next week. Getting a Golf R DSG as a courtesy car.

Hopefully I don't have it long enough to miss it

Reactions: Legojon

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just dropped off the Cupra and picked up the golf. Courtesy of SEAT ensurance.

I thought my 2019 Cupra was good and it is, but this R is a definite upgrade. My Cupra spec is higher too.
ffa3d0207a9f55264d9a178973554664.jpg

Reactions: rocket3

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Cupra repaired & front lip added.

Unfortunately the 3rd party (police) haven't yet paid for the repair so the garage won't release my car.

So I'm in the Golf until mid next week.
The cost of the the courtesy golf is around £120-30 per day to the 3rd party.

So far I'm still happy with SEAT ensurance, for a non fault claim.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
You have a very strange insurance regime in the UK. When we claim, the repair is done - no questions. If the other party is identified and at fault you don't lose the excess. If they aren't insured the company squeezes them until their pips pop.
There is no waiting for the other party to admit fault or pay anything.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members