The 2019 Leon Copra 290 thread

h-a-r-r-y

Feb 12, 2019
Sweden
So I have a GPF-equipped, 2019 Cupra 300 ST 4Drive. It's hit 3500kms now, and the exhaust is still so so quiet - like base-model Leon in comfort mode. Sport does nothing either. In Cupra the sound actuator isn't the best. But I guess it's the only 'sound' I get so far. IF the engine is warm:
  • in Cupra Mode and Manual Mode, on almost full acceleration I can hear the DSG-fart on the 1st and 2nd gear upshift at around 5000-6000rpm provided that my back seats are folded down
  • in Cupra Mode, engine is HOT, on the overrun I can get some crackles
But this kind of driving makes my car burn oil afterwards (I can smell this burning smell) when I park it so I'm inclined to feel so sad that it's not like the Golf GTI I used to have or like my brother's Golf R - hopefully it'll get louder. So if anyone finds a solution to an exhaust upgrade let me know - I'll heavily consider it at 10,000kms.

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
So I have a GPF-equipped, 2019 Cupra 300 ST 4Drive. It's hit 3500kms now, and the exhaust is still so so quiet - like base-model Leon in comfort mode. Sport does nothing either. In Cupra the sound actuator isn't the best. But I guess it's the only 'sound' I get so far. IF the engine is warm:
  • in Cupra Mode and Manual Mode, on almost full acceleration I can hear the DSG-fart on the 1st and 2nd gear upshift at around 5000-6000rpm provided that my back seats are folded down
  • in Cupra Mode, engine is HOT, on the overrun I can get some crackles
But this kind of driving makes my car burn oil afterwards (I can smell this burning smell) when I park it so I'm inclined to feel so sad that it's not like the Golf GTI I used to have or like my brother's Golf R - hopefully it'll get louder. So if anyone finds a solution to an exhaust upgrade let me know - I'll heavily consider it at 10,000kms.
The STs were always a bit toned down compared to the hatches. I guess since the hatches are toned down thanks the the GPF, the STs indeed would be even more quiet.

I heard people are very happy with the sound after a res delete. So if you're really bothered I guess you could try that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

h-a-r-r-y

Feb 12, 2019
Sweden
The STs were always a bit toned down compared to the hatches. I guess since the hatches are toned down thanks the the GPF, the STs indeed would be even more quiet.

I heard people are very happy with the sound after a res delete. So if you're really bothered I guess you could try that.

Is that even possible on a GPF fitted Cupra?

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
People are doing it, so I guess so.

I have seen it on the 290s....I have NOT seen one completed on the ST300...and this is the one that I have and yes it does need to be so much louder.

Cupra_2019

Jan 25, 2019
Hi all 0-60 on a new 290 as some say 4.4 secs some say 6 secs any idea what is it? As looking at a 300 or a 2018 290
Thanks in advance

I managed 5.4, dry conditions brand new tyres and 1000 miles on the clock.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-24-20-52-57-616_org.prowl.torque.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-24-20-52-57-616_org.prowl.torque.png
    641.4 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: TheLuckys

Cupra_2019

Jan 25, 2019
Was that with launch control or without?

Strangely I found it quicker without launch. With it just spun the wheels. Without I was able to feather the throttle enough to keep wheel spin to a minimum. After changing into 2nd the performance was amazing and it flew.

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Strangely I found it quicker without launch. With it just spun the wheels. Without I was able to feather the throttle enough to keep wheel spin to a minimum. After changing into 2nd the performance was amazing and it flew.
That's exactly the experience I had. I also found feathering the throttle to be easier in Sport mode instead of Cupra. So I got my fastest result in Sport mode without launch control. Cupra mode was 0.1s slower, and using launch control was even slower than that.

Reactions: Cupra_2019

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire
I've heard some pops and crackles on overrun over the weekend, not as loud as some of the videos I've heard on here but the car is still running in. The car certainly sounds better than the Golf GTI I had previously for two years. I've turned the soundaktor down to 20% as I hated the fake noise. I'm happy with the build quality and isn't that far off the golf + I have more gadgets so I'm happy.

Reactions: bgb and TheLuckys

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Sounds great, do you have the resonator delete, or is the car totally standard?
It's completely standard. I'm considering doing a res delete, but I've yet to see and hear the difference it'll make. I've read about some people that had it done, but I haven't seen proper comparison videos yet.

Reactions: servicepoint
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.