Best way to stop alloys getting dirty?

Oliver Pawley

Mar 9, 2019
I love my alloys a lot, so I like to keep them nice and shiny but it really doesn't take long to get them dirty.

http://imgur.com/a/G7fNyLe

Cleaning them every couple of days is fine but I was wondering if anyone could suggest anything that woukd help.

Sorry if this type of thing has been posted before :)

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
A few people use a sealant like Poorboy's wheel sealant. It's about £10, and is applied like a wax.
Wash and dry the wheel, apply the Poorboy's sealant, leave for 5mins or so, then buffer off. Usually 3 or 4 applications per wheel is needed on the first application but then only one is needed after each wash.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
As paddy says...

I use poor boys wheel sealant... It's a long job doing 3 or 4 coats but washing after is easy.

Just make sure they're clean before you put it on haha

Reactions: Oliver Pawley

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Poor boys wheel sealant is the way to go.

Best off removing a wheel at a time, washing drying and then applying 3 layers of sealant. With the wheel off it's a much easier process and you can also clean and seal the inside of the wheel where most of the dirt accumulates

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

stig

Jan 27, 2019
Gtechnic C5 ceramic seal on mine. Big fan of Gtechniq products (bodywork has C1 and C2V3 on it)

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
I use Poorboys sealant but wheels still get dirty depending on weather (driving through dirt/puddles etc) but just use a damp micro fibre towel to wipe them clean - only if not giving a normal clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Oliver Pawley

Oliver Pawley

Mar 9, 2019
I use Poorboys sealant but wheels still get dirty depending on weather (driving through dirt/puddles etc) but just use a damp micro fibre towel to wipe them clean - only if not giving a normal clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like a no brainer on Poorboys, cheers

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I saw it a year or so ago and kept meaning to buy it. Been sat in my watched items on eBay for over a year. So decided to finally get it, use that after a thorough clean and then seal with Poorboy's

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
I saw it a year or so ago and kept meaning to buy it. Been sat in my watched items on eBay for over a year. So decided to finally get it, use that after a thorough clean and then seal with Poorboy's

Eh ??

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Just extra protection. Seal in the sealing. Then add more sealing.

Theoretically yes,
But in reality no!
Dlux would be a ceramic coating, which is top class at repelling brake dust and dirt.

Poorboys would not come anywhere near as good at doing this and as a result you will find it is "sticky" compared to Dlux, which in turn will allow the wheels to get dirtier.
I used Dlux on a prior car and it lasted almost 2 years on its own.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.