Do you love or hate the soundaktor?

Ivandobsky

Feb 26, 2019
UK
I really can't believe this is a thing :blink:

Fake engine noises? Must be like playing Gran Tourismo on the playstation :bleh:

If my car had this, disabling it would be the first thing I'd do!

Reactions: Blaptastic

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Popped into the dealer.
Disconnected while I waited.
TOTALLY BRILLIANT MOD makes the car even better without that false, grinding, vibrating, gearbox shot, noise.

kevlar

Oct 23, 2018
Cant wait to check this out when my cupra arrives next week, I had it on my octavia vrs - and i liked it, quite funny inside it sounded good - step outside it sounded like a tractor running!.

Reactions: KernelOkey

Hemo83

Mar 10, 2019
Hate it! Had my Copra less than 24 hours before I (did the less than 1 spanner job and) unplugged it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silles

May 4, 2017
I have recently turned it off, wow man, before that I was avoiding cupra mode, now I love it,
had a blast in the south downs the weekend, what a car the cupra is

Reactions: KernelOkey

JPR

Dec 28, 2018
I'm looking forward to turning this off tonight with my new Carista so I can finally give Cupra mode a go without being deafened!

Reactions: silles

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
I think that its is good, looking to buy the carista OBD device and hopefully increase the sound when in comfort mode using gears mode D, also would be good to increase the level if at anytime using gear mode S as well.

Sep 24, 2019
Not a fan of the Soundaktors sound on the Cupra300 but I love the synthetic intake sound on the Golf R's! You reckon swapping over the Soundaktor from the Golf R would replicate it in the Cupra? pretty sure it has never been done before?

Ross

Reactions: Peller
Sep 20, 2019
I didn't even know this was a thing.
Rather chavy if you ask me. What happened to engines sounding like engines and not having to rely on fake soundtracks?

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Not a fan of the Soundaktors sound on the Cupra300 but I love the synthetic intake sound on the Golf R's! You reckon swapping over the Soundaktor from the Golf R would replicate it in the Cupra? pretty sure it has never been done before?

Ross
I do like the Soundaktor in the Golf R. The Soundaktor in my 290 GPF Cupra sounds very similar but I still find it intrusive. My previous 280 SC Soundaktor was infuriating though!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Speedbird

Aug 10, 2018
I have the 184 diesel and love it when in sport mode, I can convince myself that I have a Cupra ST
Does the 184 have one? I have Carista, and there is no option to disable it on my car. I have also driven it in all different settings, and there is no difference in sound between sport and any of the other modes.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.