Changing suspension

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
What will happen to the conputers in the car if i change all my suspension to bilstein b16 coilovers?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
If it’s DCC you’ll need a DCC delete kit so the car doenst flag up errors.

If you have LED’s you’ll also need to have the level sensor reset. Seat cheap out with only one sensor at the rear, so even though the front is lowered to, it’ll dip the lights as if your boot has an elephant sat in it.

Other that that I believe you are good to go.

Last edited:

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
If it’s DCC you’ll need a DCC delete kit so the car doenst flag up errors.

If to have LeD’s you’ll also need to have the level sensor reset. Seat cheap out with only one sensor at the rear, so even the front is lowered to, it’ll dip the lights as if your boot has an elephant sat in it.

Other that that I believe you are good to go.
Thank you, do you know where I can get a DCC delete kit?

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Thank you, do you know where I can get a DCC delete kit?

The suppliers of the suspension can usually provide it. Not sure if bilstein make one, but KW certainly do. Doesn’t need to match the suspension make.

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
As above KW are one of the only manufacturers we know who make one. Let me know if you need any info or prices.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Is it worth losing the DCC for upgraded b16 bilstein coilovers?
And do you know what I will be losing by doing the DCC delete?

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
That personal opinion really but I think it is yes.

You'd lose the ability to switch between comfort, normal and sport with DCC.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
That personal opinion really but I think it is yes.

You'd lose the ability to switch between comfort, normal and sport with DCC.

Damian @ DPM Performance
Does that mean I will lose the ability to change anything from comfort to sport? (Like will it still work when I press the button in the car for the steering or engine or diff)

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
With a low electronic damping cancellation kit will that just delete the suspension electrics and let me keep all the other stuff like the steering and engine and diff?

Deleted member 103408

I don't know but that would be my expectation, all you have done is removed the connection from the ECU To the Damper's.

Thus when you change the cars settings to Cupra I would expect everything to change except the suspension (as that is no longer connected)

The KW Kit also stops you getting error messages (which you will get if you dont fit them).

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
All the DCC delete does is trick the car into thinking the DCC is still connected, simply to stop error messages coming up on the car to say your suspension isn’t working. All the other features of the driver profile remain unchanged.

Personally wouldn’t want to lose the DCC and will be saving up for the more expensive bilstein/KW setup that plugs into the DCC still :)

Purely as I want it to still be comfortable.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
All the DCC delete does is trick the car into thinking the DCC is still connected, simply to stop error messages coming up on the car to say your suspension isn’t working. All the other features of the driver profile remain unchanged.

Personally wouldn’t want to lose the DCC and will be saving up for the more expensive bilstein/KW setup that plugs into the DCC still :)

Purely as I want it to still be comfortable.
Where do they do suspension that plugs straight in?
So if it plugs straight in I will be able to keep all my DCC functions?

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Where do they do suspension that plugs straight in?
So if it plugs straight in I will be able to keep all my DCC functions?

Yes.

Anyone who supplies Bilstein or KW suspension will be able to get hold of the DCC version that adjusts the dampening the same way the standard suspension does. But expect to pay double the cost of normal coil overs. Think they’re about £2k

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Morning,

As mentioned, the only features you lose are to do with the dampers, everything else remains the same.

Damian @ DPM Performance
But you said in an earlier post that I will lose all the DCC functions like the steering, engine and diff, but now your saying that I will only lose suspension features not all of the DCC. I'm very confused

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.