AndrewJB's daily MK1 Leon FR+ TDI

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
So after 11 years of owning SEAT I sold my MK3 Leon Cupra 420 last year and purchased a 981 Porsche Cayman S, my daily was my MK2 Golf TDI but recently that has had a few faults and is currently sat on my drive dead... so after a whole 238 days I am back with a SEAT on my drive.

When I had my MK4 Ibiza I really wanted a platinum grey MK1 LCR but never bought one or in fact never owned a MK1 at all, So I picked this up the other day, 2005 MK1 Leon FR+ TDI (PD150) in platinum grey.

3X85TqSm.jpg

Pcy7Izjm.jpg

Being the FR+ it has LCR bumpers + 17" "LCR" wheels, I plan to upgrade these to the 18" version soon, its also missing its LCR splitter which I'm waiting for a new one to arrive in the post.

When I picked it up the central locking would only work on the key, I had programmed my old MK4 Ibiza flip key to work with it but I need to get a new blade cut for it.
rbhYbdym.jpg

The car is modified, I know it has an Ecomax Tuning remap on it as well as a short shifter and Darkside EGR delete, I was told it also has an "upgraded" clutch which I suspect also includes a SMF (it is slightly noisier when clutch is out). At some point the old owner has been on here as it has SCN stickers as well.
5aw61rsm.jpg

vRjogEim.jpg

H6IKko7m.jpg

I will at some point be removing boxes off the exhaust to go straight through, I have an LED interior light kit (includes number plate and sidelights) in the post and will be fitting a vinyl sunstrip in black.

If I can pick them up cheap enough, LCR Brembo's will also go on it at some point. More pics to follow when the splitter and sunstrip are fitted.

Here's a list of my previous cars threads for those not familiar with me:
MK4 Ibiza TDI - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/andrewjbs-mk4-ibiza-1-4tdi-gone-30-12-09.203974/
MK2 Leon FR TDI - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....k2-leon-fr-2-0-16v-tdi-der-rote-baron.248784/
MK2 Leon Cupra R - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/andrewjbs-mk2-leon-cupra-r-die-gelbe-baron.350972/
MK3 Leon Cupra 280 - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/andrewjbs-mk3-leon-cupra-420ps.403285/

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Very nice and good to see you back in a SEAT. Only had one derv Cupra, the PD160 Biza of 2004 and it was my first of many Cupra's. Looking forward to reading how the build goes as I enjoyed reading your previous antics.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Splitter still hasn't turned up but done a bit more! I will let the pictures talk for themselves.

l1tY9ZEm.jpg

SaagsTfm.jpg

4wYR6Bom.jpg

QGZd1ozm.jpg

5dCRGJam.jpg

JQSQvWNm.jpg

cgTDq4Um.jpg

gHHak9km.jpg

1zGC2v3m.jpg

45zDfqFm.jpg

VGuLhbAm.jpg

I have also replaced the T5 rear door wedges but they aren't working correctly which is annoying, I also need to get round to removing the Leon badge off rear and buying 3x new FR badges (2 for wings and one for boot)

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Cars been in for a new thermostat today as it was never getting up to 90. A massive £5 from GSF including seal (using their 60% off code).

6AeRYnRm.jpg

When I picked it up the garage said it hasn't fixed the issue which was a little annoying, but on the way home it has, temp gauge sat at 90 with the fans on 25 degrees on full.

Had a play around with plastidip as well, I recently did the "Porsche and Cayman S" badges on my Cayman with decent results.

The Side FR badges are shot at, not sure if they are supposed to be all red or red/black sprayed over them black for now but not happy with them tbh so will take them off.

wacnq1Um.jpg

cbV3nrDm.jpg

Did the rear Leon and S badge but not really happy with them either, it was a quick 10 minute job so will clean it all off and start again in next few days.

I love the reaction of people watching when you do this!
fvZDZxam.jpg

Will do for now
Si4NoFrm.jpg

Car also has its LCR splitter on!!! Might do the front S badge black as well
fwBjlYKl.jpg

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Couple of bits turned up this morning for some small jobs.

Cup holder never had a front on it so sorted that
GCHuk0bm.jpg

9vtrRsym.jpg

Parcel shelf also was missing a piece
OvfX7r5m.jpg

tlj13YCm.jpg

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Cracking looking car, best colour imo. The red FR badges were fitted to the FR+ (FR with the LCR bumpers and alloys, albeit 17”)
The led’s freshen up the inside & outside, done all them on mine and what a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I thought they were all red, need to get the all red ones then on mine, I've currently just sprayed over them in black plastidip.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
All red badges, there is only 1 left in the country in stock and I need 2 doh!

Been out with the black plastidip again, front grill and wing mirrors
oi6dq1em.jpg

Want to get some black gloss mirrors eventually, I have a feeling I still have my old caps off MK4 Ibiza which will fit at my mums.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
If feel up to it, you can scrape the colour out of your badges and repaint with red enamel then a clear coat, should bring them back to new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.