Sports Mode - XDS / Traction Control / Steering Weight

john2017

john2017
Jan 1, 2008
Leicestershire
Hi,

Would appreciate it if some could advise if VCDS can re- code Sports Mode - XDS / Traction Control / Steering Weight on 64 reg ibiza 1.4 tsi fr act please?

Best wishes,

John

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'm pretty sure I could see the xds stuff and steering on my 2010 Leon... I use obdeleven though which is vcds for mobile and only about £60 for the Dongle and pro licence...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I bought Carista so can't afford other products.
No worries, it's not an issue :)

If you're ever in Rutland I don't mind plugging my OBD in for you and having a look.

Are you planning on changing the steering so when sport is selected it uses dynamic or something similar?

I've seen something like this

Permanent sport steering:

Control unit: 44 Steering Assistance
Adaptation
Name: Characteristic curve of steering assistance
Old value: Driving profile selection button
New value: Dynamic

john2017

john2017
Jan 1, 2008
Leicestershire
No worries, it's not an issue :)

If you're ever in Rutland I don't mind plugging my OBD in for you and having a look.

Are you planning on changing the steering so when sport is selected it uses dynamic or something similar?

I've seen something like this

Permanent sport steering:

Control unit: 44 Steering Assistance
Adaptation
Name: Characteristic curve of steering assistance
Old value: Driving profile selection button
New value: Dynamic

Thanks atm I am getting used to the control but do find the steering a little heavy, so am thinking about lightening it a bit.

I am not 100% sure a 64 reg 1.4 tsi fr has XDS fitted?

I don't have a sport button/ setting - or haven't found it yet - I did think the sat nav in car mode might give me that option but can't find it.

Best wishes,

John

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks atm I am getting used to the control but do find the steering a little heavy, so am thinking about lightening it a bit.

I am not 100% sure a 64 reg 1.4 tsi fr has XDS fitted?

I don't have a sport button/ setting - or haven't found it yet - I did think the sat nav in car mode might give me that option but can't find it.

Best wishes,

John
I guess the best way to find out is to plug it in and see what options you have, XDS maybe a little much like you mentioned but I assume it's all in the same area. I can plug into my Leon and see what I get, unfortunately it may be totally different on yours as mine from 2010 and you have an Ibiza haha

Reactions: john2017

john2017

john2017
Jan 1, 2008
Leicestershire
I guess the best way to find out is to plug it in and see what options you have, XDS maybe a little much like you mentioned but I assume it's all in the same area. I can plug into my Leon and see what I get, unfortunately it may be totally different on yours as mine from 2010 and you have an Ibiza haha
Hi, if your ever over my way or are going to the Seat Trax event I would like for you to try.

Best wishes,

John

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hi, if your ever over my way or are going to the Seat Trax event I would like for you to try.

Best wishes,

John
Myself and many others will be at the Trax event so I we can sort it out then if not before

Cheers

Reactions: john2017
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.