What are you using...

Oliver Pawley

Mar 9, 2019
Well now I'll have to buy some lol, is there anything which will suit my green colour? I know it sound abut stupid..

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Drop them a line, certain waxes are designed for different colours (as @Legojon found out), they're very helpful so will be able to advise you what works best.

Yeah, I was looking at the one for "dark colours" I emailed and asked. They replied in <an hour and I was looking at completely the wrong one.

Reactions: Oliver Pawley

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Anyone started using the 6 bucket method yet?
x9fGB7i.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
It's the future... but tonight. I'm not actually sure my new white buckets will fit in my sink. But who cares, they are the most expensive buckets I've ever bought!! I was thinking, if I won the lottery, I'd get solid gold buckets.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Hmmm I need another bucket, I was wheels first then empty out & rinse the bucket before using it as the cold rinse along with another bucket for the wash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hmmm I need another bucket, I was wheels first then empty out & rinse the bucket before using it as the cold rinse along with another bucket for the wash

Yeah, that sounds like hard work. I have wash, rinse and wheels.

Reactions: Sharpy

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So... really annoyed. As above, I was as excited as a person can be about a bucket and couldn't wait to try my new wash buckets and grit guards from Johnny B's having been recommended by a friend. So I filled the bucket with a gallon of water and the frickin thing split!
IFS9JfS.jpg

y6aXjC3.jpg

Messaged them on FB. Message is marked as seen but no reply. But... it's bank holiday so will give them the benefit and message again Tuesday. Grrrr. So just been to Halfords who have 20% of megs and bought this (which fits the 26.5mm grit guard I got perfectly)!
zHZNLKv.jpg

MoYsTrj.jpg

Compared to the bucket they came with:
YWM4xQF.jpg

Lesson learnt. Saved £8 going cheap. Then had to spend £7.60 to get the megs. Tempted to just get another megs bucket. But I'll see how the other white one holds up now I have it.

#mostexcitingbankholiday.

Last edited:

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I’ve got two of the Meguiars Buckets bought for me so mine were free . Mind you my wife has very expensive tastes so in reality they cost me a fortune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Legojon

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Anyone on here use any of the Optimum range?
I am currently stuck on Soft99 products ( which I cant fault)
But just anxious to try something different when the Ateca arrives.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Anyone on here use any of the Optimum range?
I am currently stuck on Soft99 products ( which I cant fault)
But just anxious to try something different when the Ateca arrives.

@Sharpy has got me addicted to Obsession wax now. I've just put a coat on over Soft99!! I think it gives a real depth to the colour.

Never thought i'd see the day when grown men would get excited about and post pics of their 'buckets'.. :rofl:

Wait till I post a review of my new dipstick!

Reactions: vectra
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members