Hello! New Cupra owner

KKaybe

Apr 15, 2019
Hi all,

Just signed for my 2019, Seat Leon Cupra 290 EZ in midnight black.

I'm coming from a 1.8TFSI Quattro Audi A3 so I'm looking forward to seeing what all this power to the front wheels is like, being an Audi owner interior was a massive thing for me deciding.

The interior on these new models is really good, doesn't feel (SEAT quality as some people say). Has more gadgets than my A3 did, looking forward to the digital dash too.

So yeah hi! I'm based in Warrington

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Welcome!

I work in Daresbury, so not that far from you!

Upload some pics of your car when you get a moment :)

Do you have anything planned for the car, or are you keeping it stock?

Reactions: KKaybe

KKaybe

Apr 15, 2019
Welcome!

I work in Daresbury, so not that far from you!

Upload some pics of your car when you get a moment :)

Do you have anything planned for the car, or are you keeping it stock?

Yep will do, it's still got all the wrapping on at the moment & transport blocks on the springs so once i get it I'll upload some.

Unfortunately stock as it's on a lease!

John Temperton

Apr 12, 2019
Hi all,

Just signed for my 2019, Seat Leon Cupra 290 EZ in midnight black.

I'm coming from a 1.8TFSI Quattro Audi A3 so I'm looking forward to seeing what all this power to the front wheels is like, being an Audi owner interior was a massive thing for me deciding.

The interior on these new models is really good, doesn't feel (SEAT quality as some people say). Has more gadgets than my A3 did, looking forward to the digital dash too.

So yeah hi! I'm based in Warrington

Its a brilliant brilliant car. Seats really grip you with the alcantara trim. Fast and keeps delivering through the revs. All the mod cons you need and there really is a marked difference in the driving modes. I've owned performance Jags, Fords, Mercedes and it compares well. Seems easily as fast as my Nissan 370 Nismo with cold air filters and exhaust upgrade and completely practical. Unlike the Nismo it doesn't get gawped at all day, The Black would have been my choice brand new, but went for one near new with 5.000 miles. I did think carefully about the Type R and and the Focus RS but they just look completely mid life crisis when your 51. VW GTI and R7 nearly made me change my mind. But again you see too many of these so went for the 290. Same possibly with the AMG A45 4matic. Might still go for this in the future.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise