PP Gareth

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2019
Hey Guys

Just a bit of fun for the Weekend

As the Thread Title

What is your next planned mod? And Why ?:drive1::flag:

Deleted member 103408

We have a SCN Meet at Doncaster on Sunday so will be getting the OBD11 Dongle out to setup my trick lights and do any mods other members may ask for (assuming I know the coding).

Re Physical Mods Nex Week car is going in for a number of changes but for now the list is

Fit Leyo Catch Can and Racingline water bottle delete kit.
Fit new front top brace
Get Audi Aluminium sub frame fitted - leyo Subframe Bushing Insert kit being delivered on Saturday.
Full Wheel Alignment and possible Camber changes.

All above are to improve the handling of the car on the track.

More stuff may get done but not finalized yet.

PP Gareth

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2019
We have a SCN Meet at Doncaster on Sunday so will be getting the OBD11 Dongle out to setup my trick lights and do any mods other members may ask for (assuming I know the coding).

Re Physical Mods Nex Week car is going in for a number of changes but for now the list is

Fit Leyo Catch Can and Racingline water bottle delete kit.
Fit new front top brace
Get Audi Aluminium sub frame fitted

All above are to improve the handling of the car on the track.

More stuff may get done but not finalized yet.
Great sounds like your not messing around

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Great sounds like your not messing around

He doesn't. I wish he was my dad! Although I did already offer him my first born and he declined!

I'm currently looking at the APR pendulum mount as it promises not to rip your transmission threads out like some of the other aftermarket designs. And I worry with all the upgrades, I'm going to hit a pothole whilst ragging it and snap the factory mount.

Reactions: PP Gareth

Deleted member 103408

And that was very kind of you but i have enough kids already and one of them is now into tracking the car with me so I cant afford any more.

PP Gareth

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2019
He doesn't. I wish he was my dad! Although I did already offer him my first born and he declined!

I'm currently looking at the APR pendulum mount as it promises not to rip your transmission threads out like some of the other aftermarket designs. And I worry with all the upgrades, I'm going to hit a pothole whilst ragging it and snap the factory mount.
What other mods do you already have to make you concerned about that. If you need any further help with a alternative pm me bud

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'm not the normal modder for cars as my current Cupra R is stock power with uprated OEM parts so I guess trying to keep it stock but still making it better is not easy lol

I say stock it's got antilift kit and a front splitter so stock+

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Stage 1 remap once I’ve sorted my turbo problems. I’ll either get the original turbo working correctly or swap it out for a PD130 turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PP Gareth

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
What other mods do you already have to make you concerned about that. If you need any further help with a alternative pm me bud

Cheers. The car is running around 360lbs of torque (Stage 2+). I've got the Vibratechnics upper engine, lower engine and gearbox mount. But the pendulum mount is still the oem version. There's been a few of these on our forums and on FB over the last 4 weeks snapped. So I looked at the 034 pendulum which follows the OEM design but billet aluminium. Again, going from what I've read and discussions with APR, this can transfer the force to the bolts holding it into the transmission and can strip the thread out. So ... on the MK3s, apparently they use a different pendulum mount design to overcome both these flaws which is what the APR copies.

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
I am looking going stage2 just trying to sort a intercooler that’s not over price but will be up to the job if I go stage 3 at end of the year

Reactions: Llcool333

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
Hi mate yes please looking for intercooler not sure on what make to go for as I am looking for any recommendations to use I will want one that will be ok for stage 3 later on

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
My vote is for the Wagner competition. Expensive but worth the extra IMO.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.