Whats Your Next Mod

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
We have a SCN Meet at Doncaster on Sunday so will be getting the OBD11 Dongle out to setup my trick lights and do any mods other members may ask for (assuming I know the coding).

Re Physical Mods Nex Week car is going in for a number of changes but for now the list is

Fit Leyo Catch Can and Racingline water bottle delete kit.
Fit new front top brace
Get Audi Aluminium sub frame fitted - leyo Subframe Bushing Insert kit being delivered on Saturday.
Full Wheel Alignment and possible Camber changes.

All above are to improve the handling of the car on the track.

More stuff may get done but not finalized yet.
I have the vwracing subframe inserts on mine just need some where to set it all up as now it’s driving all over the place

Deleted member 103408

Don't forget to have a proper 4 wheel alignment done as well

Deleted member 103408

I need a intercooler just don’t no what one to buy

The guys have recommended the Wagner one, it does get lots of very good review's https://progressiveparts.com/wagner-tuning-vag-mk7-1-8-2-0-tsi-competition-intercooler-kit-200001048 and i did give you a link to a Stage 3 MQB Facebook page where you can confirm with other users what they actually use (for stage 3). I have also suggested you should talk to the people who are going to do your mapping for stage 3 to see what they recommend

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I think there's a lot to be said for a 'good' intercooler. There's a reason why Revo, Racingline, Wagner are all the price they are, and why the one from China is the price it is. The amount of R&D that goes into it, the testing, the marketing and the results. Yeah there will be an element of premium added because of the name, but these products are proven to be good. If you're taking your car to stage 3, do you really want it to be powered by potentially untested, unregulated parts, or parts that have been tested over and over again, to the point where the manufacturer knows the breaking point?

It is a lot of money to throw about, and I completely understand the hesitation of ensuring you're making the right choice of intercooler. Sometimes the success stories of people running the unbranded cheaper parts do overshadow the pricier named products, but for me personally there would be so much doubt on what the cheaper product would actually be doing for and to my car - even more so because I know I won't get any support/warranty from them.

Reactions: Legojon and Woodygo

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
The guys have recommended the Wagner one, it does get lots of very good review's https://progressiveparts.com/wagner-tuning-vag-mk7-1-8-2-0-tsi-competition-intercooler-kit-200001048 and i did give you a link to a Stage 3 MQB Facebook page where you can confirm with other users what they actually use (for stage 3). I have also suggested you should talk to the people who are going to do your mapping for stage 3 to see what they recommend
I am not worried about the price and I can’t go on Facebook as not on there I can get a revo from puma build £650 as I would have that over a £595airtec I had Wagners on both my Audi rs6 so I no there good by revo got good feedback too

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
I think there's a lot to be said for a 'good' intercooler. There's a reason why Revo, Racingline, Wagner are all the price they are, and why the one from China is the price it is. The amount of R&D that goes into it, the testing, the marketing and the results. Yeah there will be an element of premium added because of the name, but these products are proven to be good. If you're taking your car to stage 3, do you really want it to be powered by potentially untested, unregulated parts, or parts that have been tested over and over again, to the point where the manufacturer knows the breaking point?

It is a lot of money to throw about, and I completely understand the hesitation of ensuring you're making the right choice of intercooler. Sometimes the success stories of people running the unbranded cheaper parts do overshadow the pricier named products, but for me personally there would be so much doubt on what the cheaper product would actually be doing for and to my car - even more so because I know I won't get any support/warranty from them.
I don’t want go cheap route I want it to work to the best it can plus I thinking of fitting my self

Deleted member 103408

Well I have Revo and they are good, Wagner is Good, Racingline is good but if you are going with a stage 3 upgrade I would want to match the intercooler with the Turbo Upgrade and the Map that I was having done on the car to get the best performance and longevity.

Having said that all three names above make excellent products

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Need lowering springs for my Cupra R ST, should be first mod if Revo havent released a stage1 for GPF engines within a few weeks. These badboys is already waiting, Revo 19x8.5
Screenshot_20190430-162954_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Llcool333

PP Gareth

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2019
Reactions: KernelOkey

Llcool333

Feb 18, 2019
Hi mate yes please looking for intercooler not sure on what make to go for as I am looking for any recommendations to use I will want one that will be ok for stage 3 later on
Same route as me pal think I’m going for Forge FMIC

Reactions: Woodygo
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise