Wind Deflectors / Folding Mirrors

Apr 26, 2019
Hey all,

I did search your forums before making this post but only found one thread which was quite old.

I've recently bought a Seat Leon MK 3 (pick it up Sunday, so excited haha!) and I want to fit some wind deflectors. I've read that they can have issues with folding mirrors which the car has. However, I did find one YouTube video where a guy had ones that are thin near the mirrors.

So do these work ok? Thanks in advance.

Apr 26, 2019
Admins - just realised I posted this in the MK2 forum. Could you move it to the MK3 section?

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
I've been looking on eBay, here are some examples -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...1313&_nkw=seat+cupra+wind+deflectors&_sacat=0

Could anyone advise if the deflectors are ok with folding mirrors? Don't want to spend £30 to find they catch! It seems there are two main makes - Heko & ClimAir? Thanks :)
Hi. I've got some made by ispeed (off Amazon). They look exactly like the Heko ones and I have no problems at all. I have a 2018 Leon FR 5 door with power fold mirrors.
As a side note, I will probably change them for Heko ones as the ones on the rear doors seem to have warped

Orguss

Jul 3, 2017
Hampshire
I've got the Heko ones fitted to my ST and not issues at all with the folding mirrors, the deflectors curve in near the mirrors to help with visibility so no fouling at all.

Apr 26, 2019
Hi. I've got some made by ispeed (off Amazon). They look exactly like the Heko ones and I have no problems at all. I have a 2018 Leon FR 5 door with power fold mirrors.
As a side note, I will probably change them for Heko ones as the ones on the rear doors seem to have warped

Checked Amazon but they don't do 3DR versions from iSpeed. Thanks though.

Apr 26, 2019
I've got the Heko ones fitted to my ST and not issues at all with the folding mirrors, the deflectors curve in near the mirrors to help with visibility so no fouling at all.

That makes me feel better. May order some tonight :)

Orguss

Jul 3, 2017
Hampshire
I only got two clips for the front and one for the back so i've ordered some more from ebay for a couple quid. They seem sturdy and survived the motorway but i'd rather be sure.

May 28, 2019
Blackburn
When fitting the Wind deflectors has anyone noticed wind noise incresed? i would say i have fitted them correctly, the antitrap isn't triggered and they are sturdy, but when i am going 71mph on the motorway seems like i get a lot of wind noise....any ideas? as the noise wasn't this bad before

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
When fitting the Wind deflectors has anyone noticed wind noise incresed? i would say i have fitted them correctly, the antitrap isn't triggered and they are sturdy, but when i am going 71mph on the motorway seems like i get a lot of wind noise....any ideas? as the noise wasn't this bad before

Should get less noise mate however at 70mph it’s still going to be loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk