Service Cost Question (Cupra)

almas09

Jul 31, 2017
Hi All!

Have a 18' 300 which is due a service in approx a month, checked Seat's website.
Have been quoted £200 for its first service, it's a lease so only require 1 service.

Is £200 reasonable?

Thanks

hepy

Aug 20, 2017
In June 18 my first service cost £179, Seat have a fixed price service.

james88

Nov 21, 2017
My counter was telling me an oil service was due in 6 weeks. I was told all contract hire vehicles are set to long life (24 Months). I checked with my local dealer, they confirmed this and advised me to pop the car in and have it reset. Its now due a service 4 days before the end of the agreement. I'll avoid that one by giving it back a few days early :)

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
Im not sure on this one mine is a 3 year lease and i did ask them to set it to long life so i only needed to service it once but I dont think they have. Are you guys servicing yours the first year?

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Just found-out that Father put his 1 year/3K mile-old Leon in for it's first service at a localish SEAT dealer last month, (not the one who supplied
the car new.)
I did suggest to him yonks back that he found-out beforehand how much they would charge him - but of course he didn't bother and so was surprised when he was handed a bill for £180-odd.

Does not affect me at all, but I'm inclined to think they've done him, as they claim that in addition to changing the engine oil and it's filter, (a must, obviously) they also changed the airfilter and the sparkplugs and charged him accordingly.

Struggling to work-out how either would need replacing after only 3,000 miles and I'm not sure I would trust them to have actually done so...

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
None of that was needed, not even the oil change. They all leave the factory filled with long life oil, so good for 18,000 miles or two years. It seems supplying dealers often set cars to 12 month fixed service just to generate income, but your father seems to have found a particulary voracious one.

My one year old recently came up with an oil service request so I took it to the local dealership and just had them reset the indicator. Next year, when is actually due a service, they can put it back to flexible regime.

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
I mentioned in a post months back that I offered to change the oil/filter for him in order to delay when
a service would be due, (using correct VAG spec. Shell oil I bought him and a genuine SEAT filter)
but he wasn't interested.

He's of the long-fixed opinion that SEAT, (or any other make) will wriggle-out of any potential warranty
work if the service book hasn't got yearly main stealer stamps in it.
When I told him we'd taken my Missus' year-old C3 to a trusted indie for it's first service, (invoice clearly
stating only genuine Citroen/PSA parts were used) he declared I was taking 'a hell of a risk' (IHO)

The SEAT/Skoda dealer he used for the service have a long and undistinguished reputation going back
to the days when they added misery to large numbers of Leyland car owners in the Kent/Sussex region...

hepy

Aug 20, 2017
None of that was needed, not even the oil change. They all leave the factory filled with long life oil, so good for 18,000 miles or two years. It seems supplying dealers often set cars to 12 month fixed service just to generate income, but your father seems to have found a particulary voracious one.

My one year old recently came up with an oil service request so I took it to the local dealership and just had them reset the indicator. Next year, when is actually due a service, they can put it back to flexible regime.

My 300 4drive, has needed servicing after 14000 miles then another 15000 miles later, so falling well short of the 18000 miles per service. Most of mine are motorway miles, so I would have thought I would be able to do more like 20000 miles between services? The Seat dealer has checked and I am on the long life service.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
I think the 18,000 miles is a maximum, it's supposed to decrease depending on how you drive the car.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Oil is the lifeblood of any engine, and more so if a performance one. Changing the oil at least once every year is the way to go if you want trouble free motoring, and not cheap unheard of brands either. My bike has only done about 3500 miles and coming up for nine year old, but gets new oil every year.

Bigivo1

May 21, 2016
My leased cupra is 9 months old, has covered 1900 miles and it's telling me it needs its first service ... It's not even run in yet !

Hopefully if I take it to the dealer they'll reset it or something

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
My leased cupra is 9 months old, has covered 1900 miles and it's telling me it needs its first service ... It's not even run in yet !

It is ran in, engines don't need running in anymore, it's a mass produced 2L not a koenigsegg, the oil has still sat in the engine for that period of time so I'm afraid it's going to need changing

Bigivo1

May 21, 2016
It is ran in, engines don't need running in anymore, it's a mass produced 2L not a koenigsegg, the oil has still sat in the engine for that period of time so I'm afraid it's going to need changing
Still seems a tad early in terms of timing alone

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018

I'd first check if the car was set to the correct regime, supplying dealers like to generate extra cash for services you don't actually need.

Brackett

May 12, 2019
It's the age-old long life vs annual debate. I've always been an annual person myself (important to change the oil, etc), but everyone seems to say longlife is the way to go, the car's got longlife oil in it etc.

I can see the argument on a lease to do longlife, and give it back before it needs doing.

But for those of you who own your cars and intend to keep them 3/4/5 years (if not more), what do you do?

(as an aside, what oil do they use when they service it? Is it the same whether it's on annual or long-life?)