Compensation for Tarraco brochure error

Chris Smith

Mar 19, 2019
Just had a phone call from SEAT Uk today, Saying as my car did not have the wireless charger fitted as described in the brochure, (My dealer should have contacted me !!! Not a word no surprise), but they have been authorised to issue a compensation claim, I had a choice, either £300 cheque or £300 in accessories, if i was happy with this they would issue the cheque, should get in about two weeks, they did mention if i wanted i could lodge a official complaint but that would have to be approved and could not guarantee any more
(paid for my damaged tyre :D :D )

Not sure what criteria qualifies just thought i would let you all know

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
yep already sorted , will get £300 transferred to my bank account on pickup day some time next week, thanks for the heads up though
what spec did you order and coloour?

Tell

Staff member
Oh, a misbuild. I had that with my Ateca with the Navigation Plus, that spec pushed out the wireless charger. The dealer wanted to offer free accessories, on the day of delivery I negotiate three years free service plan with customer services. Seat UK knew there was a misbuild but I was only told on the pick up day after the dealer had my cash. Not pleased.

Basically I reckon they mess up their mapping tables between the brochure and the build codes. Nobody checks too carefully so you get a misbuilt car against the spec. Not rocket science as they say. You get remunerated at the production marginal cost. Tried to get extended warranty but they refused on that basis and you can't have it now, sorry etc. That's when I got told how they valued it.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
Oh, a misbuild. I had that with my Ateca with the Navigation Plus, that spec pushed out the wireless charger. The dealer wanted to offer free accessories, on the day of delivery I negotiate three years free service plan with customer services. Seat UK knew there was a misbuild but I was only told on the pick up day after the dealer had my cash. Not pleased.

Basically I reckon they mess up their mapping tables between the brochure and the build codes. Nobody checks too carefully so you get a misbuilt car against the spec. Not rocket science as they say. You get remunerated at the production marginal cost. Tried to get extended warranty but they refused on that basis and you can't have it now, sorry etc. That's when I got told how they valued it.
Not a misbuild per se but the xcellence trim wasn't to have wireless charger in the first place but they had it in the brochure but not on the website.

Tell

Staff member
Not a misbuild per se but the xcellence trim wasn't to have wireless charger in the first place but they had it in the brochure but not on the website.

It's in the December 2018 PDF price list for the Xcellence. I checked what the Ateca said at launch against the Tarraco. If it's the published pricelist you paid for it hence the refund.

The issue is they build a diverse range for different markets. Spanish cars don't come with car alarms, least the Ateca etc so it's pretty important the factory builds the car to spec else you don't get the car you thought you were getting.

The bit you miss out on is the "connectivity box" that's described in the Ateca SSP163.

CONNECTIVITY BOX
The Navi System and Navi System plus Infotainment
systems can be given further connectivity with the new
‘Connectivity box’ console.
The console includes:
/ Two USB ports and an auxiliary input in the centre
console.
/ The new R265 storage unit for mobile phone
interface located under the centre console.
R265 STORAGE UNIT FOR MOBILE
PHONE INTERFACE
The R265 storage unit for mobile phone interface
performs two functions:
/ ‘Mobile signal amplifier’ function
The phone signal is amplified using the R11 roof aerial
for enhanced signal transmission. For this purpose,
the R308 aerial amplifier is used, which optimises
transmission.
/ ‘Wireless charger’ function
The mobile phone’s battery is charged wirelessly.
The R265 storage unit for mobile phone interface has
two internal coils that generate an electromagnetic
field for each of the functions.
ACTIVATION CONDITIONS
The mobile signal amplifier and wireless charger
functions only require:
/ The contact fitted (terminal 15) or Infotainment
system on.
/ The phone placed on the pad. The phones must
be compatible with both functions.

AERIALS
The R11 roof aerial has up to 4 amplifiers on its base:
/ Phone.
/ DAB
/ AM/FM1.
/ GPS (if the windscreen is heated). Otherwise, the
GPS aerial is located on the dash panel.
The FM2 aerial Amplifier and the two frequency
modulation filters, FM R178(-) and R179(+), are
connected to the rear window.
The new R65 phone Aerial is only used in vehicles with
a connectivity box console and stationary heating. In
this case the connectivity box console amplifies the
phone signal through the R65 phone aerial, while
the R11 roof Aerial is used to activate the stationary
heating.

Whilst the Tarraco doesn't have the R11 aerial but the shark fin, the bone of contention is how the mobile signal is passed to your mobile phone sitting down there without the mobile signal amplifier which is in the charger device. Answer is, it doesn't. One of the two coils it talks about in the technical description. So you miss out on that. Least that's my understanding. If you don't have the wireless charger cradle. You'd have to find the technical description of cars fitted without the cradle and mention of the mobile aerial amplifier to be sure. Say an older Golf.

The Google / Waze people aren't too bothered about wireless charging since they need to make a direct USB connection for that function.

Feb 10, 2020
Just had a phone call from SEAT Uk today, Saying as my car did not have the wireless charger fitted as described in the brochure, (My dealer should have contacted me !!! Not a word no surprise), but they have been authorised to issue a compensation claim, I had a choice, either £300 cheque or £300 in accessories, if i was happy with this they would issue the cheque, should get in about two weeks, they did mention if i wanted i could lodge a official complaint but that would have to be approved and could not guarantee any more

Hi Chris,

I also notices and argued it straight away and just got pushed around fromnoiller to post.
In the end they said they would provide a plug in wireless charging plate and the upper boot tray.
I was happy with this but told the upper boot tray would be a while.
I am now still waiting I am furious. Your post has reminded me and I am going to call them tomorrow and also supply a link to your post.
X

Tell

Staff member
On the positive side you can import speed camera POIs since if they had given you the tray charger on a standard unit you would have got the upper spec standard mib2 with WiFi (Pretty sure). Every cloud has a silver lining :yes:.

How to import speed cameras is in here:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....f-woe-vw-pulled-the-update-site-again.444799/

The moans about My19 and My20 WiFi units you can ignore. I checked out a Tarraco to confirm what I'd heard elsewhere on the part number of the mib2 unit.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.