New Cupra 290 breakdown

Juro

Dec 5, 2018
So I Managed to enjoy my brand new shiny Cupra for 6 days until I had a fault with the headlight unit where it failed completely due to excessive condensation. I called Seat breakdown, who were great and they arranged a replacement car for me which is a Golf R and it was all sorted of within 3 hours of my first call.

The dealer have been dragging their feet with changing the headlight unit even though they have had the car for 6 days already. This I believe was due to Seat asking them to try and getting the condensation out of the light at first. The new headlight arrived yesterday and they then realised that the control module on the back of the light was soaking and that needed replacing also.

The problem is now they have called this morning to say that the module is on back order and not available until at least the 30th May. This will mean they would have had my car for 3 weeks.

I know they have given me a Golf R as a replacement which I don't think is that great if I am being honest. I just want to enjoy the car that I am leasing and certainly was not expecting to lose it for 3 weeks after only 6 days of having it.

I have called SEAT UK and they have said there is nothing they can do to speed things up.

MifSal

Feb 7, 2019
you have a golf r for 3 weeks.. you get to experience that too i wouldnt be that disappoined if that happened to me tbh seeing as in some areas the golf r is better than the cupra but i do see where you are coming from. let us know how it compares to the cupra!

Reactions: Bucksssss

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Bit of a downer really it's had to go on backorder. Hopefully it will arrive quicker though like some parts I've backordered have done. On the bright side, least it's getting fixed FOC. You wouldn't want the bill for it!

Juro

Dec 5, 2018
I get what your saying guys and your right. I would take my Cupra Lux over this Golf R all day long.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
In this case as parts dept I would not be waiting for Seat to deliver me a part for the headlight but if possible removing a complete unit from a stock vehicle to get you mobile again with the repair being completed -headlight etc swop-when the part arrives, keeps the customer happy?

Reactions: Legojon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
or a mii :censored::censored:

but yea i'd rag the **** out of that golf r, every traffic light: launch control it

Yup! At least they gave me the FR version (for what it was worth).
cLpA18A.jpg

Reactions: Bucksssss and Juro

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
In this case as parts dept I would not be waiting for Seat to deliver me a part for the headlight but if possible removing a complete unit from a stock vehicle to get you mobile again with the repair being completed -headlight etc swop-when the part arrives, keeps the customer happy?

I was about to suggest the very same thing, until I read this post - good advice. I had a dealer swap a load of parts from the show room model for a battery control module fault, but I was waiting to take the car on the ferry to Germany that same day.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
My dealer (Fife SEAT) took a rear lens off a showroom car to put on mine when it was in for a misted up lens that was out of stock. On warranty too while I waited, great dealer.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
My dealer (Fife SEAT) took a rear lens off a showroom car to put on mine when it was in for a misted up lens that was out of stock. On warranty too while I waited, great dealer.
Some years ago buying a Fiat I looked at the car in the showroom, opened the drivers door and then said to the salesman..."is the lower dash panel an optional extra?" He looked at me blankly...it had been removed to sort a customers (off the road car) back onto the road. Then take it out of the :censored: showroom.

Juro

Dec 5, 2018
I am resigned now that I will just have to wait for the part to arrive. I had a blast with an Focus RS yesterday in the Golf R which was fun.

Juro

Dec 5, 2018
I am resigned now that I will just have to wait for the part to arrive. I had a blast with an Focus RS yesterday in the Golf R which was fun.
There wasn't much in it to be honest.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.