Remap MK3 1.4tsi Nottingham

Apr 3, 2019
Just wondering if anyone can recommend the best place to get my car properly remapped in Nottingham?

Thanks in advance!

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
I know goapr have a place in Nottingham. Never been but they do jobs I heard better than revo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JStrett

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Tbh, you might be on a hiding to nothing as the 1.4 just isn’t as tuneable as the 2.0. Don’t expect any significant gains in power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Any turbo engine is tuneable you will still feel gains!

Always love the old you wont feel anything tuning a N/A discussion, I've just made nearly 45bhp tuning my N/A engine, not as much as a turbo engine but it has still made a big difference.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Any turbo engine is tuneable you will still feel gains!

Always love the old you wont feel anything tuning a N/A discussion, I've just made nearly 45bhp tuning my N/A engine, not as much as a turbo engine but it has still made a big difference.

N/A engines are a different kettle of fish really given you can port and gas flow them and add throttle bodies - my mate got 300bhp from his Vauxhall red top engine (Cosworth heads on these engines) but low capacity blown engines won’t give you much. You’ll get maybe 20 BHP on the 1.4 engine with just a remap.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
only added raceheaders to my N/A and software haha, mind you it is a 3.4

The engine my mate tuned to 300 BHP is a two litre. He stuck it in his grass track race car - 300 BHP in a car weighing just over half a ton meant the front wheels would lift on a standing start!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Haha nice!

My advise to OP is get it mapped it will make a difference, look for an APR or REVO dealer. Decent customer tuners for MQB like MRC probably havent done much with these, could look at NVM Motorsport.

dmpx

Mar 23, 2019
I hade my 8v Audi A3 1.4 TFSi remapped - It went from showing 141bhp on the dyno to 187bhp.

And that was a reasonably gentle remap as the motor had over 100k on it.

It really made the car fun to drive - Plenty of power in the low revs and it was a quick wee car.

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
JBS in Chesterfield have remapped my 1.4Tsi. went from 151bhp stock to 177bhp. It is noticeable when driving it. I live between Derby and Nottingham, welcome to come have a ride to see the difference.

Reactions: Jamesb and JStrett

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
Tbh, you might be on a hiding to nothing as the 1.4 just isn’t as tuneable as the 2.0. Don’t expect any significant gains in power.

If you go to revo or goapr and get a high performance fuel map. The torque gains will be felt easily.
Went to revo with no experience, had a basic map. Didn’t really feel it (your right there). Had it off for a bit, went back there and had the performance map. The torque increase was doubled from what was given originally and it felt like another car going from 184lbs of torque to 241bs with around 190hp from a 1.4.
I recommend any one to have the performance map everytime. Them gains WILL be felt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverPilgrim

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Yeah Revo seem to have some very nice maps with impressive gains.

I had a Superchips Bluefin remap in my Ibiza FR with the 1.4 TSI, around 35bhp extra and a lot more torque. It made a big difference all over the rev range, particularly at the top end.

I don't think the Superchips map is as aggressive as some of the other tuners but the beauty of the Bluefin is that you plug the device into the OBD and install the map from there, it also saves the stock map so you can uninstall and reinstall the map when you like.

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
Just to be clear @JStrett, which 1.4 engine do you have?

Mine's Revo'd. I don't really notice much benefit in performance mode 1, but add super unleaded and move to performance mode 2, the torque to noticeably greater with much better acceleration once the turbo has spun up, which still takes a while. The torque benefit is noticeable in the taller gears too which makes a nice difference to motorway cruising. And I believe it's slightly more economical so there's a partial offset in the extra cost of super unleaded.

Would I recommend it? If you're looking for more throttle response than power, no. If you do want some extra torque, go for it, but either get the SPS switch, or switch to super unleaded before getting the software.

Apr 3, 2019
Thanks for all the replies guys, means a lot! Sounds like Revo is my best option then. I have the 1.4 TSI ACT engine. Whilst I am on here I need to change my disks and pads soon and was wondering my best option? not crazy money but decent, reliable options? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: mdaw1985

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
Just to be clear @JStrett, which 1.4 engine do you have?

Mine's Revo'd. I don't really notice much benefit in performance mode 1, but add super unleaded and move to performance mode 2, the torque to noticeably greater with much better acceleration once the turbo has spun up, which still takes a while. The torque benefit is noticeable in the taller gears too which makes a nice difference to motorway cruising. And I believe it's slightly more economical so there's a partial offset in the extra cost of super unleaded.

Would I recommend it? If you're looking for more throttle response than power, no. If you do want some extra torque, go for it, but either get the SPS switch, or switch to super unleaded before getting the software.

Interesting..

So the same map from REVO is a totally different animal when changing from mode 1 to mode 2.

Sounds like the better way to go when I eventually get a remap, only downside is the extra £120 for the switch on top of the map.

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
@Sword, or get the tank as low as you dare, go through about half a tank of super unleaded and fill up before getting Revo. ;)

And don't forget to keep filling up with 98+RON fuel as that's what the software will expect.

Reactions: Sword and Legojon

Jamesb

Mar 26, 2017
JBS in Chesterfield have remapped my 1.4Tsi. went from 151bhp stock to 177bhp. It is noticeable when driving it. I live between Derby and Nottingham, welcome to come have a ride to see the difference.
Have you managed any 0-60 times you could share ?
Did you make any other mods to intake or exhausts etc?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk