Dual Action polisher

Blue fr

Sep 30, 2018
hi guys sorry i haven’t been on for ages been really busy. Im looking to buy a dual Action polisher. The one im looking at it is DAS-6 v2 does anyone use this or have any recommendations. Thank you

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I've not looked at da's yet as I don't trust myself without guidance haha maybe @Sharpy may have an opinion?

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
This is what I use twice a year for full paintwork detail - DAS 6 v2 - and can say it's a cracking DA polisher, there may well be better units out there but it's value for money is great.
The trick is to let the machine do the work and you just guide it across your paintwork - lots of vids online ;)

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
This is what I use twice a year for full paintwork detail - DAS 6 v2 - and can say it's a cracking DA polisher, there may well be better units out there but it's value for money is great.
The trick is to let the machine do the work and you just guide it across your paintwork - lots of vids online ;)

Whats pads and polish do you find works on seat paint mate ?

I use Country Lake orange and white on mine with megs 205/105 but never seem to get the mirror type finish other seem to get. Alor Blue my mk3.

Blue fr

Sep 30, 2018
Thanks for the advice guys. Im only getting one because i got cash for my birthday and instead of wasting it i thought id get something useful. I have never really been overly impressed with the paint finish on my car since I’ve had it. Polish and wax make it look good but not great

Reactions: Legojon

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Whats pads and polish do you find works on seat paint mate ?

I use Country Lake orange and white on mine with megs 205/105 but never seem to get the mirror type finish other seem to get. Alor Blue my mk3.

Bought as a kit with megs polish 81 & 83 but use chemical guys quantum pads and also megs ultimate wax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Compo1

Blue fr

Sep 30, 2018
I have ordered mine comes with some compund and some chemical bros wet butter polish and some pads

Reactions: Compo1

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I have a meguirs dual action.
Do my cars twice a year with it.
Meguirs compound, claybar, poorboys blackhole then finish off by hand with meguirs liquid wax.
Just take your time first time you use it and you’ll be fine.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
I have a DAS6 non pro. Had it many years and have done about 7 or 8 full car corrections with it as well as applying waxes and sealants and doing minor swirl removal. I find it powerful enough since really you shouldn't be pressing hard enough that it strains the motor anyway.

They are fine unless the paint is hard and practically matt from years of abuse. The pad and product you use are really the defining factors in how quick or good the correction is.

PP Gareth

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2019
I personally prefer a rotary polisher, used one for years in my old job and hobby just a great bit of kit. The latest one is from Milwaukee tools

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Rotays are better in some ways, but its easier for a beginner to damage the paint with one.

PP Gareth

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2019
Rotays are better in some ways, but its easier for a beginner to damage the paint with one.
When I was taught, I wasn't allowed to touch a customers car. I was told how easy it was to burn paint etc and then allowed to polish my own bloody car