SEAT's approach to "standard spec"

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
What’s the issue - Ive had the same setup in previous cars so maybe I just haven’t noticed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a LHD car they would be close to the steering wheel, so you wouldn't have to reach over to use them. I use the buttons a fair bit to swap between the car system and Android Auto.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I love that the Leon (bar the basic spec) comes standard with LEDs all round, however annoys the hell out of me that it doesn't come with fan windscreen washers, the jet ones are rubbish! I think that's the only bug bear I have with it though!

I hate the fact that the only 'bulb' in my Leon FR is a cig-dimp lumens reverse lamp bulb. Ok I have the parking aid display but there is a low wall on the left when reversing which I would like to see in the mirrors when its dark. Bright LED rear foglamp on the right, why not fit a bright LED reverse light on the left?

daniel_ley

Mar 3, 2018
Dudley
I hate the fact that the only 'bulb' in my Leon FR is a cig-dimp lumens reverse lamp bulb. Ok I have the parking aid display but there is a low wall on the left when reversing which I would like to see in the mirrors when its dark. Bright LED rear foglamp on the right, why not fit a bright LED reverse light on the left?
Ha yep! This annoys me no end, I genuinely don't know why they made every single other exterior light LED except the reverse one?!

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
My Mk1 Leon had gas struts. I think it falls into the category of the spare wheel concept though. It's nice to have, but when they looked at how often your average punter opened their bonnet / changed to a spare tyre, there seemed little point in spending the money there. Granted with the spare wheel it is about weight as well and meeting emission targets. Well maybe the gas struts weight more as well...

Hemo83

Mar 10, 2019
I have to say I was surprised when I noted the glovebox had no lock (surely thats standard on every car now?) and that there wasn't a sunglasses holder (not always there, but as an FR surely I have an upgraded model?)! My previous Golf had both of those and it was an SE.

Saying that, I prefer the Leon over the golf any day so nevermind.

My mk7 golf GTD’s glovebox locked, but my mk7.5 GTD’s glovebox doesn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Oddmanout