Stone chips

Madmick

Mar 6, 2019
Great start to today stone chip on my bonnet. Anyone know best place for repair kit its Nevada white?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Great start to today stone chip on my bonnet. Anyone know best place for repair kit its Nevada white?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I've used a dealer supplied kit as my thinking is the best colour match. You can get these cheaper from dealer ebay outlets, or ring around etc.

Then I've either brought/used a toothpick to apply to the area SLOWLY and gradually built up a level layer. Its a painful exercise but done correct, is so much better!

Reactions: Madmick

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Yes, a toothpick, cocktail stick or something like an unfolded paper clip is much better for applying paint to stone chips that the in-cap brush supplied in the Seat paint touch up pens, as you can apply the paint much more precisely to the damaged area.

Another option is to buy a Chipex kit. I’ve used these before and found the colour match to be good. They are quite expensive though and take a bit of practice to get good results. I found one of the big advantages of the Chipex kit was that if you made a mistake in applying the paint, you can remove it all with the supplied blending solution and start again. There are videos on the Chipex website and on YouTube showing how to use the product.

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
This is what I use. Loew-Cornell fine line pen
Screenshot_20190529-105349_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Madmick

Kinetic

Nov 18, 2017
Would anyone like to do a tutorial on the method? I have a few and I'd like to tackle the worst of them.

kgp280

Apr 19, 2018
+1 on the Chipex kit. Have used it on my Nevada white Cupra and the colour match is spot on. :1st:
It takes a bit of practice but as SRGTD said the blending solution helps to get any excess paint off or remove any mistakes. They also supply small micro brushes with the kit to make getting the paint into the chip a little easier.

Only down side is the initial outlay compared to the Seat touch up kit

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
When it's fixed, invest in PP Film, best thing I've done. Normally our cars look like a bad case of acne after a year on our roads.

My hood, with the Finnish roads, looks like the moon surface - was thinking about repairing it (already have the kit) but I feel it is so gone now that only a full respray of the hood will help...

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I got a bonnet stone chip after a week and used the genuine SEAT touch up stick (magnetic grey) with a toothpick...now very difficult to see its a good match. Shake the stick a lot though to fully mix.

if you made a mistake in applying the paint, you can remove it all with the supplied blending solution and start again.
I find my hankie works great before the paint dries :lol:

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
My bonnet must have been pampered .. nearly 5 years old and not one stone chip .. thanks previous owner :happy:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.