Shell go + check it out

• Thread starter Deleted member 103408
  • Start date

Deleted member 103408

If you have not seen the new shell app check out https://www.goplus.shell.com/en-gb/how-to-use

If like me you use VPower then you get even more - well something anyway

Every time you spend at least £2 in the shop or £10 on fuel, it counts as a single visit. Make filling up more fulfilling and choose Shell V-Power – you’ll get an extra £3 off every 300l you buy.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Cheers. I was looking for info on this last week and couldn't find it. I'm still using the swipey yellow card. But the guy looks at me like "hahaha, your wasting your time". But doesn't tell me anything about what i need to do next month.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Ace... just signed up and applied for my swipey card... don't really care for messing about with my phone at the till.

Deleted member 103408

Well I am going to be brave and try the digital version.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Well I am going to be brave and try the digital version.

Let me know... specifically if I have to hand my phone over and how much faffing about to get the app loaded at the till.

Deleted member 103408

Hopefully I will get my car back this week and go fill it up - will give feedback once I have used it.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
The Shell Garage I go to near me doesn't have a scanner on my side of the glass so I think I would have to hand my phone over...

Could be good though as scanning a card without a chip and pin is annoying lol

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Been using this for a while now, as you all know we are much more technical advanced here in the carrot crunching counties.Lol After a couple of fill ups you get a free costa coffee, then you can get some money of fuel etc. The main target is to fill up ten times, I have filled up 8 times so I can wait to see what discount I get when I hit the target.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Been using this for a while now, as you all know we are much more technical advanced here in the carrot crunching counties.Lol After a couple of fill ups you get a free costa coffee, then you can get some money of fuel etc. The main target is to fill up ten times, I have filled up 8 times so I can wait to see what discount I get when I hit the target.

Do you use a card or scan your phone? Do they spend 5 minutes trying to get a scan of the barcode lol

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Do you use a card or scan your phone? Do they spend 5 minutes trying to get a scan of the barcode lol

I use my phone mate no problem, but I must admit that the phone signal is strong where the petrol station is, don’t know if that makes a difference.

Deleted member 103408

I have a £2-00 discount voucher on the app already.

Deleted member 103408

I use my phone mate no problem, but I must admit that the phone signal is strong where the petrol station is, don’t know if that makes a difference.

Just checked you can get your Virtual Card up in the app with no internet connected.

Reactions: Yellow fr

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So is it like a wireless touchless background app?

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Been using the new shell + for a couple of months & all good. My local petrol station is shell so always get vpower. I use my card which is scanned as you pay. I've clocked up free fuel a few times & many free goodies such as drinks, chocs & screen wash! My mobile has no space for the app so the till woman tells me every visit about the app & shows me her mob. I need it just so I can pay for fuel without being lynched! :)

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Been using the new shell + for a couple of months & all good. My local petrol station is shell so always get vpower. I use my card which is scanned as you pay. I've clocked up free fuel a few times & many free goodies such as drinks, chocs & screen wash! My mobile has no space for the app so the till woman tells me every visit about the app & shows me her mob. I need it just so I can pay for fuel without being lynched! :)

You can get a card too as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
You can get a card too as well

As stated you can get a card as well which is linked to your account. Ive got the App and Card and for some reason when i visit the Shell Garage near to me and use either NONE of them register a visit!!

I find this frustrating as I'm more and more using V-Power obviously because of the benefits it gives but it means I have along journey to get it (circa 10-15 miles return).

The last time I used the app there was the option to buy three things from the shop and gain 5p off a litre of petrol at my next visit. As i was wanting a few things from the list this was a no brainer for me. However this has not registered for me.

Maybe its because I live in the backwoods of Cumbria where we still use 56k modems to connect up....

Anyone else had this issue.

Reactions: Yellow fr

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Lol I went to one station in Bradford on Saturday morning as I forgot to go to my local station just down the road from my house and used the app and got told shell + is not at that station till end July

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.