Why oh Why

• Thread starter Deleted member 103408
  • Start date

Deleted member 103408

Seen this today, Audi have now (according to the article) moved the wing mirrors inside.

More stuff to go wrong and I have no idea why........

Screenshot 2019-01-29 at 19.09.25.png

Reactions: xyz

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That looks silly! And like you said something to go wrong.

I wonder how more aerodynamic a car is without wing mirrors...

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
It’s still kinda got wing mirrors though?! Looks hideous and I can’t imagine they are cheap to replace when the camera gets smashed off by a passing moron.

No need, solving a problem that doesn’t exist in my view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

And do you have a folding camera mod so that when you lock the car the camera folds in.

Reactions: kanyewest

Deleted member 103408

and this is the drivers side, which I am not sure you can see it very well.

Screenshot 2019-01-29 at 19.28.55.png

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Kinda seems you have to look down a bit... not ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kanyewest

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
There isn't any need or advantage to having the screens on the doors like that. All you're really doing is moving the mirrors in slightly. Pretty pointless.

Deleted member 103408

Tech for Tech sake and its just trying to make Audi different. but the general comments were Pointless and Rubbish.

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Definitely a just for the sake of it moment...they are in totally the wrong position but really, whats the point in having them if there is still the need for things to be sticking out of the side of the car??

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
New Mercedes Actros truck can have cameras instead of mirrors already.
I’m a truck driver and I know I’d much rather use mirrors than trust a camera to see what’s coming up at the side of me.
Technology is taking over, it’s getting ridiculous. Can’t be doing with it all. That’s why I have old cars. ( and cd’s). Lol

Deleted member 103408

Well I am even older and still use Cassette tapes :)
apart from all the good stuff you mention the bit that will come to bite people in the bumb is firstly the insurance is going to go up (simple broken wing mirror vs simple wing camera).
Theft of bits of tech will come back again
Cars will be scrapped much earlier in life because its to expensive to repair the bits that have broken.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
If they are fitting these to electric cars then the aerodynamic advantage must be worth the electrical load. Im not a big fan, but one advantage would be that they can pan/zoom around for when you need to see a wider or more extreme view.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
(simple broken wing mirror vs simple wing camera).
Cars will be scrapped much earlier in life because its to expensive to repair the bits that have broken.

Very few simple wing mirrors now, cameras, puddle lights, folding, heated etc, I have supplied replacement mirrors at £800+, people wonder why I offered them a seat before I quoted the price, and pushed my chair back out of arms reach, I don't make the prices, honest.

Reactions: Yellow fr

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
I have a smashing phonograph with a trumpet speaker in my car. The cylinders take up quite a lot of space in the glovebox, though.

Sounds appalling!

Action Man

Mar 24, 2019
wax cylinder ,,, Pahh.....I have a brass band in the back of my car ....keep music live.
other than that ...cameras for vans would be ok and for insurance companies they will start wanting reall time footage in accidents for the ...sorry didn't see you behind me when I slammed on the brakes cos I'm a moron....... Big brother has been around so long now it's big grandpa watching us

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.