Still great little car! My friend had the XR3i and for our age it was rapid lol

I don't want to look at the stats of the car in case it ruins my memories haha

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Still great little car! My friend had the XR3i and for our age it was rapid lol

I don't want to look at the stats of the car in case it ruins my memories haha

I learnt to drive in an XR3i :drive2:. Imagine getting insured for that at 17 these days! And I have checked the stats and it's still rapid. Don't forget it's 1/3 weight of our fancy climate control, electronic seats, heated index finger cars of today.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
and I was a 1/3 of the weight I am now ............................I also had a Rover 218 vvc (I'll get me coat)
I have had three Rovers......

1992 - 220gti
1996 - 800 vitesse sport
1994 - 600Ti

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
I did have a 1.8 A-reg Mk1 Astra GTE which I did like how light it was but it was stolen one new years morning. It even had stuck on Sierra Cosworth bonnet vents with kudos black marker where the vents should be open :cartman: To whoever nicked it A488JRW I want the mix tape back I had in it. Ok it went over 20 years ago but I can always hope lol

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
I did have a 1.8 A-reg Mk1 Astra GTE which I did like how light it was but it was stolen one new years morning. It even had stuck on Sierra Cosworth bonnet vents with kudos black marker where the vents should be open :cartman: To whoever nicked it A488JRW I want the mix tape back I had in it. Ok it went over 20 years ago but I can always hope lol
If that car is still around it will be worth some £££ by today's prices

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I feel like I missed out on some good cars lol R reg was as old as I got... only been driving 14 years...

haha just checked and my Punto had 86bhp amazing!

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
I feel like I missed out on some good cars lol R reg was as old as I got... only been driving 14 years...

haha just checked and my Punto had 86bhp amazing!
1991 H reg is the oldest car I have owned and that was a white calibra 16v (c20xe redtop engine)

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
1991 H reg is the oldest car I have owned and that was a white calibra 16v (c20xe redtop engine)

Still have my heavily modded P-reg Calibra V6 in a tasteful bodykit not a mad one thank goodness and 18" BK299 wheels. Took every switch apart and but blue leds with little resistor in soldering them in place. Its been parked under cover since 2005 so would need work to get going again.

Reactions: Brimfull

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Still have my heavily modded P-reg Calibra V6 in a tasteful bodykit not a mad one thank goodness and 18" BK299 wheels. Took every switch apart and but blue leds with little resistor in soldering them in place. Its been parked under cover since 2005 so would need work to get going again.
They going up in value, would be worth getting up and running.

I dabbled a few times with looking at buying the turbo version but was always put off by the problems people had with the 4x4 system.

I owned at least 14 Vauxhall over the years with 2006 vectra vxr being the last and the best Vauxhall I had ever owned.

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
I had a 97 Punto gt 3 with 130bhp and that was yellow too it had a bigger intercooler k&n cone filter Samco boost pipes custom twin exhaust and a dv upset a mate with a gsi vectra every night we was on the late shift as I always beat him down the bye pass lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
I had a 97 Punto gt 3 with 130bhp and that was yellow too it had a bigger intercooler k&n cone filter Samco boost pipes custom twin exhaust and a dv upset a mate with a gsi vectra every night we was on the late shift as I always beat him down the bye pass lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a vectra gsi (2.5v6) personally never found it as quick as the figures suggested. More of a cruiser to be honest. Could achieve 40mpg on decent run thou.

Reactions: Yellow fr

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Image012.jpg
I have had three Rovers......

1992 - 220gti
1996 - 800 vitesse sport
1994 - 600Ti

Ive had a Rover 420GSI Turbo. Pretty rapid, but needed to be lowered and stiffened since it was far to high and soft. Once sorted most GTI class cars were an easy kill. Remembering what that power felt like makes me excited for the Leon.

Reactions: Brimfull

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
View attachment 7603
Ive had a Rover 420GSI Turbo. Pretty rapid, but needed to be lowered and stiffened since it was far to high and soft. Once sorted most GTI class cars were an easy kill. Remembering what that power felt like makes me excited for the Leon.
To be honest I loved my rover turbos, third gear always had loads of pull.

Never had any issues with the engines either.

The 800 vitesse sport was the best. It was the saloon model in grey with koni adjustable suspension and a mongoose stainless steel cat back exhaust.

I used to have loads of fun with the guys in the airforce I used to work with. The v6 vectra was all the rage back then.....none could get past me thou or even close

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.