MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Griffo

May 12, 2019
Well I now have a registration, so things are about to happen. Its YJ19.. So Leeds area. Its going to have a few miles on it when it gets to me in Devon.. at least 280 I guess.

Thats fine, its less babying I have to do and hopefully means pops and bangs a little sooner.
Mines BV19 which is Birmingham I think? Not far do come tomorrow to Newcastle-under-Lyme (near Stoke) :D hopefully get it early...

Rick89

May 10, 2019
Not sure why these leasing firms are making people wait so long to deliver or collect from the date the car arrived at dealership. What would either party stand to gain?

I signed final documents on Friday at 3pm and collected at 9:30am the day. I did go direct through SEAT which sounds like it makes a difference.

Here’s to hoping you guys get a quicker turnaround

Reactions: Danbartlett46

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Not sure why these leasing firms are making people wait so long to deliver or collect from the date the car arrived at dealership. What would either party stand to gain?

I signed final documents on Friday at 3pm and collected at 9:30am the day. I did go direct through SEAT which sounds like it makes a difference.

Here’s to hoping you guys get a quicker turnaround
Been looking into it, because it wasn't that way when I had my last lease. It seems like there was a court case where someone wanted out after taking delivery of the car and were refused. They sued and here we are.. now they wont give you the car until your cooling off period is over, but equally they cant give you the documents until the car has been registered. The distance selling regulations were changed in 2017 as well.

Last edited:

Ashley_ng

Jan 27, 2019
My documents was all signed when i ordered the vehicle back in January, car was in the UK for 10days before i had it delivered, but that was because they had no transporters available to pick up the car, car was at the dealership for PDI for 3days before it was delivered to me, not signed any other documents, not sure why these other leasing companies are making people wait for 2-3weeks :confused:

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
My documents was all signed when i ordered the vehicle back in January, car was in the UK for 10days before i had it delivered, but that was because they had no transporters available to pick up the car, car was at the dealership for PDI for 3days before it was delivered to me, not signed any other documents, not sure why these other leasing companies are making people wait for 2-3weeks :confused:
My docs all had the cars registration on them, and it only got that Monday. Im guessing they wont send out until there is a registration. It seems like a lot of third party leasing companies are playing it super safe since they have less control over the cars than Seat do. I suspect they have been burned before by both the cooling off period and cars not arriving when they should.

To be honest they would have been better not telling me my delivery to dealer date, since that just makes me expect the car to turn up a few days later. They really should also lay out the full process on their websites, so you can see how the process flows.

Ashley_ng

Jan 27, 2019
My docs all had the cars registration on them, and it only got that Monday. Im guessing they wont send out until there is a registration. It seems like a lot of third party leasing companies are playing it super safe since they have less control over the cars than Seat do. I suspect they have been burned before by both the cooling off period and cars not arriving when they should.

To be honest they would have been better not telling me my delivery to dealer date, since that just makes me expect the car to turn up a few days later. They really should also lay out the full process on their websites, so you can see how the process flows.

My Lease is through a 3rd party company called Car Leasing Online, the broker was Arval, but none of my documents had the Registration on, some companies must do it differently to others for some weird reason,

Agree it would be better not to tell you delivery to dealer, just makes that little bit more impatient lol

Reactions: adamsupergeek

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
I shouldn't complain, its still less than 6 weeks from order to delivery, but its annoying that there is a 2 week dead time gap at the end for no good reason.

Cookie12

Mar 26, 2019
I shouldn't complain, its still less than 6 weeks from order to delivery, but its annoying that there is a 2 week dead time gap at the end for no good reason.

Haha yeah I suppose your right. Lots of people have waited alot longer. I ordered in March, and delivery is this Friday. Cant wait now.

It's very annoying though and frustrating it just sits there for 2 weeks. Must be frustrating for dealer too as its wasted space for them on a car already sold in their eyes.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Its part of consumer protection laws, but as with many thing, some you win, some you lose. I wouldn't want those laws eroded. I still feel though that either they should get the documents to you sooner or count the 2 weeks from the time you order.

JR19

Apr 2, 2019
I've been given a provisional date of 15/07/2019 (due to dealer.. so I assume 14 days after this will be delivery/collection) it says it can move forward or backwards however they have said all they receive from the dealership is a rough ETA and they have no build/order numbers? I am sure I have been seeing others who have been given build numbers they can chase SEAT with?

It's from Leasing Options. (Magnetic Grey Cupra.. non lux!)

TheMarkOfTel

May 7, 2019
Just had an email from Nationwide regarding my order..they said the following:
"We’ve received a due date of 07/07 to the dealership. The actual delivery date will depend on the schedule and availability of the dealer after it’s arrived but delivery is usually offered within 5 working days or so."

FINCH

Being Nosey
Mar 15, 2010
Aberdeen
"We’ve received a due date of 07/07 to the dealership. The actual delivery date will depend on the schedule and availability of the dealer after it’s arrived but delivery is usually offered within 5 working days or so."
Which makes more sense to me as when I was going through the order process on the phone he said I'd have it around the 11th and the cars meant to be at the dealership this Friday 7th. Which ties in with your 5 days ish

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
In beginning to wonder if it depends who the finance company is. Mine is ALD, maybe they have the 14 day restriction. My current car is with Leaseplan who didnt have the 14 day waiting period.

TheMarkOfTel

May 7, 2019
In beginning to wonder if it depends who the finance company is. Mine is ALD, maybe they have the 14 day restriction. My current car is with Leaseplan who didnt have the 14 day waiting period.
My finance company is also ALD.. I think i may have just been given rough figures for the delivery but when it comes to it ill probably have to wait for the 14 day period too...
Have to wait and see!

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
My finance company is also ALD.. I think i may have just been given rough figures for the delivery but when it comes to it ill probably have to wait for the 14 day period too...
Have to wait and see!
Maybe, have you signed and returned your documents yet? Its 14 days from when they have them back and have processed them. I sent mine via email yesterday, but haven't yet had a confirmation, which is when the 14 days starts, I assume.

TheMarkOfTel

May 7, 2019
Maybe, have you signed and returned your documents yet? Its 14 days from when they have them back and have processed them. I sent mine via email yesterday, but haven't yet had a confirmation, which is when the 14 days starts, I assume.
Nope, no documents yet, I queried this and they said they have to wait until they receive the registration which they can usually get once the car is on the ship over. So I'm assuming that mine will be very similar to you.. not sure why they would tell me its 5 days after delivery to the dealer they can then offer me delivery, quite confusing when that doesn't seem the case in your scenario...

Hemo83

Mar 10, 2019
Mine was ordered through “Gateway2Lease” and I got a call offering me delivery 3 working days after the dealership took delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.