Fiesta Zetec S to Ibiza FR Sport

Pocket_buddy

Jun 3, 2019
Currently driving a 1.5l Diesel Ford Fiesta Zetec S. It’s come to the time to review my PCP deal and I’ve got looking at the offers on an Ibiza FR Sport.

Is this a good move then? Think I’m looking at the 95 version with Digital Cockpit.

chris2209

Apr 19, 2016
I think the FR Sport trim is worth it just for the nicer alloys and interior, personally I could do without the digital dash as I only leave it on the classic view anyway.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Pocket_buddy

Jun 3, 2019
I think the FR Sport trim is worth it just for the nicer alloys and interior, personally I could do without the digital dash as I only leave it on the classic view anyway.

I think from what I’ve seen, either dash is far nicer than the new fiesta dash... that just looks really boring. Seem to have gone back over at Ford. The infotainment screen sticking up really disappointed me too!

Pocket_buddy

Jun 3, 2019
Have you driven a 1.0 TSI yet?

Its going to feel completely alien after a diesel.

Haven’t had a chance to go and test drive one yet. Even if I’m looking at replacing with another fiesta, they all seem to be pushing the 1.0 turbo engines now.
Getting about 53mpg at the moment and the road tax was Zero. But the advantage of having a diesel just isn’t there anymore.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
It depends which advantage you mean. The advantage of having torque when you want it for instance is very nice to have.

Pocket_buddy

Jun 3, 2019
It depends which advantage you mean. The advantage of having torque when you want it for instance is very nice to have.

Mainly looking at the financial advantages being lost, now the tax is the same (after first year).
As I say, even looking through a lot of the fiesta options, they’re all pushing the 1.0 ecoboost engines. Finding a diesel a few years ago was a lot easier.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Drive it. It is pretty feeble TBH. I find overtaking quite dangerous with the 1.0, even compared with the previous 1.2.

chris2209

Apr 19, 2016
I went from a Cupra 280 to the 115 and it's fine if you remember there's almost no power below about 2k revs. Also the engine mode seems to make quite a difference as the eco mode really kills throttle response.

Like others have said, you really should test drive the model you're considering as everyone has different opinions. I've got used to it and it's perfectly drivable.

Reactions: Pocket_buddy

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Does that go for either the 95ps or 115ps?
Mines a 110 - 6 speed manual

There is so little power below 2000 that if you're in the rev range above that it actually seems OK, until you see the overtaking gaps closing in front of you and realise the acceleration is still negligible.

Shame. Its a very refined cruiser for a triple but they really should give the Mk6 a bigger engine again.

Reactions: Pocket_buddy

Pocket_buddy

Jun 3, 2019
Just had a drive of both the 95 and 115. Was quite impressed to be fair.

One thing I wasn’t sure on, on the features mind. Can you get the wing mirrors to fold automatically when locking the car?

Reactions: camelspyyder

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
Just had a drive of both the 95 and 115. Was quite impressed to be fair.

One thing I wasn’t sure on, on the features mind. Can you get the wing mirrors to fold automatically when locking the car?
Yeah, it’s in the car’s infotainment system settings, under vehicle settings. Not sure if all trims have it, but I know FR Sport upwards do.

Pocket_buddy

Jun 3, 2019
Yeah, it’s in the car’s infotainment system settings, under vehicle settings. Not sure if all trims have it, but I know FR Sport upwards do.
Great! I tried an FR Sport 95ps and they did t fold in, but I thought I’d read somewhere that it does do it.

Pocket_buddy

Jun 3, 2019
Wow! That's quick delivery - presume it was in stock!
Yep! After I was reading about all the waiting times on here, I really wasn’t expecting to hit that lucky. Exactly what I would have asked for sitting there. Went with the 115 TSI FR Sport in Nevada White.

Pocket_buddy

Jun 3, 2019
I have the same. It is an amazing car with an amazing colour. The digital instruments are something else!
Digital instruments really do look so good!
To be fair, even the standard disks on the FR were a class above what they’ve put on the new fiesta.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.