Mk5 Ibiza 6j 2.0tdi FR

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Been pretty quiet the past few weeks, not much to update. Bought myself a set of genuine sideskirts, so now I’m waiting on getting a quote to paint my spoiler and skirts to match the car.
Changed my wheel spacers over from 20mm/25mm to 15mm/20mm as they were slightly too wide for my liking. Been looking over the height of the car and decided it could do with going a little lower so I wound the front coilovers down a touch. I noticed a while ago the rear height differentiates from drivers side to passenger side and it really annoys me as the coilover adjuster cups are both wound down to the bottom. Guessing the weight of the spare wheel and fuel tank affects the height (they both sit over to the drivers side) while only the exhaust sits over to the left. Drives me nuts! Hopefully I’ll have more to update in the near future with the skirts and spoiler on, but got a few busy months ahead. Girlfriend’s birthday this month, then April will be quiet in preparation for Wörthersee in May:cheeky:

Photos of the silly height difference and a few “portrait” mode photos on the new phone:
D7AC26CA-8A3E-4C93-9AF4-6A09BA224349.jpeg

598BA009-64D5-468F-8FD4-2DBB2F5B6019.jpeg

3C94BDEB-39C2-4BA2-8541-B6EC1D5622E1.jpeg

834465C2-2A9F-4A9E-9BC7-1C8C9721B32E.jpeg

Reactions: bigT's lcr

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Another long spell of being absent from the forum. Not for a good reason either...

Around 6-7weeks ago, I went and had my rear tyres changed for some new Hankook Prime 3’s, on the same day shortly after on my way home, the car went into limp mode on me. Took it to the local garage to leave it with them and got it scanned. Only problem was, the fault was intermittent and kept reading different codes each time.

They had it for 4 weeks and looked at the car twice, and instead of turning round and saying it’s not worth their time, they just kept saying they will look at it soon. I ended up taking the car away from them at the end of the fourth week. So I then took the car to another garage further afield, drove it there with no faults at all, until I turned the car off and turned it back on to move it into the garage’s car park. Glow plug light flashing at me again, turned the car off, turned it back on, and the glow plug light was off again. Scanned the codes, cleared and handed the car back to me. He said, come back when the car goes into limp mode... The car hasn’t went into limp mode on me since, but in the back of my mind, I know the fault still lies within the car somewhere and it’s driving me crazy as I don’t know when or where the fault will occur again...

Work/Codes the car has flagged up:
- MAF Sensor error - cleared and never came back on after other scans.
- Ignition/distribution error - new crankshaft position sensor installed, car still went into limp mode afterwards.
- Turbocharger pressure error - This was found when I pulled up at the second garage. Potentially needs new N75 solenoid?
- Also replaced the air intake pipe from airbox to turbo incase there was any hidden splits + a new air filter.

Basically at the point of stripping all mods off the car and looking to get something else. I haven’t been driving the car much recently which doesn’t help trying to get the car into limp mode, but took it a run yesterday and car ran fine but when you have to do 250+ miles a week for work, it’s not something you really want to gamble with.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
If only it was so simple! Need a diesel for my daily duties, not having enough money and being 21 my insurance is still fairly high so trying to balance it all is another pain
I hear you mate. They dont make it easy do they....

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Well, I’m back! 3+ months of messing about and lots of stress but I believe the problem has been resolved. The first garage I took my car to replaced the crankshaft position sensor after it was at fault, INCORRECTLY. 3 f**king months to find this out. Took it to another garage to change the sensor out with a genuine sensor incase that was the problem and they told me the crankshaft sensor was basically hanging out hence the intermittent fault. Poor car is looking sorry for itself and in need of a good detailing session and a bit of TLC but things are looking up again.

Also experienced Wörthersee for the first time around 3 weeks ago, and my god it is an unbelievable place! Definitely worth the travel time. Will include a few photos below.

So for now, the thread will start to be updated more frequently again, hopefully get some parts sorted too. I will be camping at Cumbriavag next weekend, planning on going to Fitteduk for the 4th year in a row, and hopefully travelling down for the weekend of Edition38. If anyone on here is is going feel free to say hi!

Here’s a few photos:
D3AE972B-732E-471F-A673-2D2175C7DE72.jpeg

FF40032B-483E-4EF3-9316-870D2F1AC124.jpeg

D57A08D2-976A-4D3E-BE5B-19A2A2A0B858.jpeg

F72BE932-497B-4B2F-8287-1185B40B1B2F.jpeg

673DA16A-28CD-4D43-811E-50A71BF1C93C.jpeg

B3D2E232-947A-47F0-96EF-DA19D1A040A0.jpeg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Awesome!

Glad all is well!

You thought about coming down for the National meet (unless you've already signed up haha) gives you a show off time and get some pictures.

Pictures look awesome!

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Just read your entire build , I’m glad you got it all sorted out in the end , I have been there myself and there’s is nothing worse! Your car is looking lovely , the rear lights make a huge difference

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Just read your entire build , I’m glad you got it all sorted out in the end , I have been there myself and there’s is nothing worse! Your car is looking lovely , the rear lights make a huge difference
Unfortunately I spoke too soon. Car is still doing the same thing, so back to square one. Was fine for 2 days then began doing the same thing that happened in the first place. It’s like the car has been filled with kangaroo juice when accelerating from a junction or overtaking. Back to fault finding again:cry:

jdmsx

Away washing the car
So yeah, as said above, still having the same problems with the car, low rev range is jerky and also when accelerating in most gears around the 1750-2000 rpm mark. Really getting on my nerves but determined to sort it out. Done an 80 mile journey with the fault yesterday, no issues when driving steady and ended up hitting around 77-78mpg overall. Just goes to show that driving sensibly has its perks, just not as fun not being able to abuse the torque:thumbd:

If anyone has ever encountered these symptoms PLEASE HELP ME! :roflmao:

jdmsx

Away washing the car
What sort of miles are on your car ? What symptoms are you getting and any fault codes again? Is that the 140 bhp diesel?
Just added a post about it mate, car literally just clocked over the 100k miles mark on my journey yesterday. Yeah it’s the cr140 engine, don’t have a professional code scanner to look into the codes, have a basic carista but not in depth enough

Last edited:

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
What do you mean jerky like misfiring ? Is it ok when you go higher up in the Rev range ?

When is the last time it had a service with fuel/oil filters etc? Is just the engine management light what is on for you

jdmsx

Away washing the car
It’s jerky as in like it’s been filled with kangaroo juice, like its cutting boost/power on and off. Car was last serviced in November, only done around 4k miles since the service, had oil and fuel filter changed then but may be worth having another to tick it off the list. The jerking has to happen a few times before it puts the car into limp mode and glow plug light flashes, but once you cycle the ignition, it clears itself, and then the jerking has to occur again for it to go into limp mode. Yesterday was the first time the EML came on while driving, and again, I just cycled the ignition 3 times and it cleared!

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
It’s jerky as in like it’s been filled with kangaroo juice, like its cutting boost/power on and off. Car was last serviced in November, only done around 4k miles since the service, had oil and fuel filter changed then but may be worth having another to tick it off the list. The jerking has to happen a few times before it puts the car into limp mode and glow plug light flashes, but once you cycle the ignition, it clears itself, and then the jerking has to occur again for it to go into limp mode. Yesterday was the first time the EML came on while driving, and again, I just cycled the ignition 3 times and it cleared!

Ask them to check the connection behind the accelerator to the ecu. Bought a brand new ibiza FR years ago and this happened to me. I handed the car back but it took them six months to figure out the full issue. Hope this helps

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
Will ask them to have a look, I did have a look into getting a replacement pedal which was only like £20-30 on ebay

Mine was an issue with the connection between accelerator and ecu. I really hope that this is what is wrong.

If you want to DM me i will give you my details/ garage and car reg you may be able to contact the SEAT dealership i used and they could advise how they sourced and ultimately fixed the issue.

Hope this can help mate, i have been there with a tight budget and a young age.

jdmsx

Away washing the car
The car is still coming up with a P0322 “Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit No Signal” fault code. Which to me, points to a breakdown in the wiring to the crankshaft sensor, hence why none of the replacement sensors has worked. I believe if it was an accelerator pedal fault, it would come under a TPS fault code (just my own guessing).

Thank you for reaching out with the info though mate. It’s a very stressful time at the moment but trying to keep a level head about it. Potentially gonna look seeing if I can get my hands on a full loom as this could potentially be the second electrical fault I’ve had with it this year.

EDIT: Researched further into the fault code. Camshaft sensor hasn’t been changed, potential lead...

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.