Heavy grind in gearbox

Leon_1.8T

Dec 18, 2011
Good evening guys, really hoping to get an insight into an issue I have with a Cupra R 225. The car drives like normal pulls perfect and is lovely - until you take your foot off the accelerator in any gear and it is pure grinding as if missing a gear.

It’s definitely not the usual sort of whine I have had before on these boxes - actual full on grinding.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Have you checked there is enough oil in it? Other than that there's not much you can do other that fit a recon one. I wouldn't leave it too long, as when it eventually fails, chances are it will cause your front wheels to lock up.

Leon_1.8T

Dec 18, 2011
Have you checked there is enough oil in it? Other than that there's not much you can do other that fit a recon one. I wouldn't leave it too long, as when it eventually fails, chances are it will cause your front wheels to lock up.
Hi MTY12345

I haven’t yet - bought it a few days ago like it at a decent price with the chance in mind that it might need a gearbox.
Was just hoping it may have been a common problem I just hadn’t come across.

Thanks for your reply - I’ll be checking the oil level tomorrow

Leon_1.8T

Dec 18, 2011
Oil seems to be fine - but would the wrong oil possibly be able to cause issues that would cause grinding like that?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise