Copper Cupra Tailgate letters

May 16, 2019
Hi all my desire red 290 (440miles still running in) goes in for paintwork enhancement and ceramic coating week after next and I've been trying to find copper coloured cupra letters for the tailgate (really don't like the black). Anyone got any ideas ?
Also does anyone know where the ABT tuning package is available I understand it is supposed to be just for the 300ST but you can always ask.
Cupra 290.jpg

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Could you not get in touch with SEAT as they done them for the Cupra R ?

I would be more inclined to do this, i am also hunting them down.

I had the copper overlays, which looked great for maybe 2/3 weeks then got caught with cleaning the car etc and ended up looking bad to my OCD :rolleyes:
back.jpg

Reactions: JR19

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I’ve already spoken to my local dealer about the ABT module for my 300 and was told I could have it but the cost is £2000. The £500 cost against the R ST is heavily rebated from ABT and proof that it has been fitted to an R ST has to be forwarded to them.

So in essence it’s not available for anything other than the CUPRA R ST.....at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JR19

Apr 2, 2019
I would be more inclined to do this, i am also hunting them down.

I had the copper overlays, which looked great for maybe 2/3 weeks then got caught with cleaning the car etc and ended up looking bad to my OCD :rolleyes:
View attachment 7785
Did they not seem to last?

They looked good!

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
@JR19 Once my corners caught a sheepskin mitt a few times, you could tell it was a gimmicky sticker..

If you zoom in on the A you'll see what i mean haha

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
Would you say they’re not worth buying then? As I was just about to order some.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Would you say they’re not worth buying then? As I was just about to order some.

It depends, for me i noticed it, but the average Joe wont see the sticker overlay. You have to realise the lettering is a very small surface area for a sticker to adhere too, plus not actually completely flat! I would say for £10 buy some and make your own mind up! Wasn't a huge amount to waste.

What about the 'S' badge itself, did that suffer the same issue or was it more robust?

My S is copper, the badge backing looks full copper due to the setting sun, which was why i grabbed a photo as it made the Copper 'pop' :D

Reactions: Oddmanout

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
It depends, for me i noticed it, but the average Joe wont see the sticker overlay. You have to realise the lettering is a very small surface area for a sticker to adhere too, plus not actually completely flat! I would say for £10 buy some and make your own mind up! Wasn't a huge amount to waste.

My S is copper, the badge backing looks full copper due to the setting sun, which was why i grabbed a photo as it made the Copper 'pop' :D
Are they easy to apply aswell? I wouldn’t mind doing both S badges and the Cupra writing. I have a can of plastidip but don’t want to mess anything up with that. This may be the easier option.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Are they easy to apply aswell? I wouldn’t mind doing both S badges and the Cupra writing. I have a can of plastidip but don’t want to mess anything up with that. This may be the easier option.

Fiddly but easy. No harm in trying for £10!

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Ah OK thanks, I'm tempted by the black overlay stickers for my FR so I was curious as to how durable they are

You could buy a new LEON lettering off of ebay and spray them black, then replace your current one if you feel up to the challenge?

Oddmanout

May 19, 2019
You could buy a new LEON lettering off of ebay and spray them black, then replace your current one if you feel up to the challenge?

I've removed the leon lettering, its just the two S badges I want to change (front and rear). Not keen on trying to spray those so I was tempted to either try wrapping them or for an easier solution buy these stickers but I'd want to know that they'd last at least a while before I bought them!
Thanks

May 16, 2019
I’ve already spoken to my local dealer about the ABT module for my 300 and was told I could have it but the cost is £2000. The £500 cost against the R ST is heavily rebated from ABT and proof that it has been fitted to an R ST has to be forwarded to them.

So in essence it’s not available for anything other than the CUPRA R ST.....at the moment.

My local dealer couldn't even supply it apparently they aren't a cupra dealer as for the badges he contacted SEAT uk and was told they couldn't supply them. I have enquired at ABT and got a response in Spanish they could supply the unit @1900 euros.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
My local dealer couldn't even supply it apparently they aren't a cupra dealer as for the badges he contacted SEAT uk and was told they couldn't supply them. I have enquired at ABT and got a response in Spanish they could supply the unit @1900 euros.

That including warranty? And who fits it at what cost?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise