Bye FR+, hello Speed Blue MK2 Cupra R

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
If it makes you feel any better. Just went for a blast. Then wanted to check make sure the dipstick hadn't launched like a rocket. So ye... Who invents a dipstick with a metal handle to sit in boiling oil.
Yeah that's made me feel better thanks lol

Reactions: Yellow fr

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Yeah that's made me feel better thanks lol

Even more so. See how the shiny Porsche oil cap is now recessed compared to the stock that sits on top. Well it's also ice cream smooth. So I can't get it back out again. And it's not straight. Lol. Looks good though right?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Trip out today.
R2woK1m.jpg

Reactions: louiskopite

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Have you gone for a new map ???

Haha tempting. The Revo is quite conservative. But the mapping waiting list is huge. Inlet and injector testing / cleaning. New seals and filter baskets. Doing everything I can to get another 8 years out of it.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So... Not sure if you MK3 guys have the same. But you know how the Tfsi engine sounds like someone took a bag of nuts and bolts and threw them in a metal bucket?

Well, my engine has always sounded like that. Which many sources have told me is the injectors. This was made much worse after getting the HPFP fitted. But now... I can't hear them! Can't be a coincidence they were cleaned yesterday. I want my rattle back! Lol.

In other news. If only the seat dipstick was this easy to read (stands out more in person).
ePWSEEZ.jpg

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
So... Not sure if you MK3 guys have the same. But you know how the Tfsi engine sounds like someone took a bag of nuts and bolts and threw them in a metal bucket?

Well, my engine has always sounded like that. Which many sources have told me is the injectors. This was made much worse after getting the HPFP fitted. But now... I can't hear them! Can't be a coincidence they were cleaned yesterday. I want my rattle back! Lol.

In other news. If only the seat dipstick was this easy to read (stands out more in person).
ePWSEEZ.jpg

If you want a good rattle get a diesel. Lol.

Interesting that something like that causes such a noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012

ePWSEEZ.jpg
You saying I can have a quiet engine... Please tell me its true lol my oil very rarely goes down and I check it quite a bit so I'm assuming it goes down from me checking it... Do I have the only MK2 Cupra R engine that doesn't drink oil lol

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
You saying I can have a quiet engine... Please tell me its true lol my oil very rarely goes down and I check it quite a bit so I'm assuming it goes down from me checking it... Do I have the only MK2 Cupra R engine that doesn't drink oil lol

Probably just a light right foot... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

No MK3 Does not have that but I will double check once they fit the HPFP to see if that brings it on.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015

Haha looks good so far. Actually the walnut blasting getting all the carbon off the valves may have helped as well. 100 miles of clear motorway this morning. 33mpg. Lol. But it's quiet.

I used to lose oil after every long journey. But one day it stopped. Lol. Now I rarely top it up. Weird.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
No MK3 Does not have that but I will double check once they fit the HPFP to see if that brings it on.

Yeah, I figured the MK3 would be more refined with the newer engines. If mine stays this quiet for the rest of the year. I'd have it done again if/when it comes back.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Have you tried collonite since your machine polish? I think this is unfair on that haha looking good!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Have you tried collonite since your machine polish? I think this is unfair on that haha looking good!

Good point. LOL. Hmm, I haven't. But... I don't have a great deal of it left anyway. But, I did use the Obsession on it a couple of times. I may just trowel it on SL2.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Oh yeah. Almost bought a set but in red / blue. But couldn't decide if red should be wash or rinse. I guess wash as technically rinse could be cold.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.