Attending a Trackday?

Deleted member 103408

Thanks good to know! At the very least I’ll take them off for any track time I may do! It’d be an expensive day out if I lost a wheel.

Really appreciate the response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to add into this I had to replace a front wheel bearing recently (pot hole damage as it happens) but my garage did say to me that 19" wheels on the track are hard on bearings.

Reactions: Legojon

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Quality chat on here, good to see :)

I went to Brands hatch Monday just gone, pretty much the wettest time of the wettest day of the year so far. The track was red-flagged more than it was open as too dangerous (and a few BMW's were showing off there 360 skills... ) anyway the few laps I did were fun if a little scary. Not much footage but popped a quick bit of 360 footage on YouTube to show how wet it was and a brown trouser moment but also how good a Cupra R is in the wet (even on the grass...).

Reactions: gurpz94

Nizza

May 17, 2019
She’s getting there...!!
b55da879abd59340956f350b78287bd9.jpg
89b77737993f5da38ed6b7c54f4f14f9.jpg
e42dff7a389dc8b0fe0ad27f6a7f76a6.jpg
04cf1676c4182fdc248d6b841fdf9c2f.jpg

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Anyone fancying donningtin or Cadwell evening session in July???

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
I'm prepping my daily for a track day some time in August with a few friends if anyone wants to come along, probably Brands Hatch Indy. So far I've got (and will be fitting soon):

- Michelin PS4S on the front, I have new Kumho something or other on the rears from before I bought the car... Is this a big deal? They still have nearly full tread
- Anti lift kit
- Fresh pads on the front and rear, discs have a lot of life left
- Will be changing the oil and brake fluid a few days before the track day
- Trackday insurance - decent quote through A Plan

Things I need to get:

- Crash helmet - will a cheap £50 one do for now?
- (If we get a garage with 5 or more people) Some extra fuel, jack stands, jack, toolkit

Anything else I should get? Money is a bit tight as I'm trying to get the car to stage 2+ before the track day.

Also 1 last question, what do people use as a device to log data? I want to overlay RPM, Speedo etc as if I'm in Gran Turismo haha. I have an OBDEleven so hopefully I can use that?

Last edited:

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I'm prepping my daily for a track day some time in August with a few friends if anyone wants to come along, probably Brands Hatch Indy. So far I've got (and will be fitting soon):

- Michelin PS4S on the front, I have new Kumho something or other on the rears from before I bought the car... Is this a big deal? They still have nearly full tread
- Anti lift kit
- Fresh pads on the front and rear, discs have a lot of life left
- Will be changing the oil and brake fluid a few days before the track day
- Trackday insurance - decent quote through A Plan

Things I need to get:

- Crash helmet - will a cheap £50 one do for now?
- (If we get a garage with 5 or more people) Some extra fuel, jack stands, jack, toolkit

Anything else I should get? Money is a bit tight as I'm trying to get the car to stage 2+ before the track day.

Also 1 last question, what do people use as a device to log data? I want to overlay RPM, Speedo etc as if I'm in Gran Turismo haha. I have an OBDEleven so hopefully I can use that?

Hi
Tyres will be ok on fronts. Rear may take a beating.
Buy some racing brake fluid like motul 660
Pads will probably overheat unless fast road track pads.
Crash helmet you hopefully won’t need a great one.
Don’t worry.
Look at Harry’s LapTimer etc for data logging.
All in all go and enjoy it.
Have a great day.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Deleted member 103408

I'm prepping my daily for a track day some time in August with a few friends

You are running on a MK2 From memory,

Check your noise levels, most track days have static test for noise level and if you fail you cant drive (and no refund).

With regards to OBD11 Certainly on the MK3 there are lots of live data attributes that you can record but I don't have access to MK2 to see what it can do. But if money is tight it should give you stuff that you can use. What I would say is test out the settings first as I have found in the past on certain control units they don't all work so best to check beforehand.

When you are having the oil changed make sure you go for a good quality one for your setup.

If you have not done a track day before it might be worth getting on a novice day and you should read the start of this thread lots of helpful info to help you look after the car so you can enjoy it.

Enjoy the day its great fun.

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
Hi
Tyres will be ok on fronts. Rear may take a beating.
Buy some racing brake fluid like motul 660
Pads will probably overheat unless fast road track pads.
Crash helmet you hopefully won’t need a great one.
Don’t worry.
Look at Harry’s LapTimer etc for data logging.
All in all go and enjoy it.
Have a great day.

I've got Motul 660 at home so ready to flush out the old brake fluid and put that in. I'm not sure what pads are, I believe they're Pagid but I will take it easy on my first track day.
I'll take a look at Harry's Laptimer now, thanks!

You are running on a MK2 From memory,

Check your noise levels, most track days have static test for noise level and if you fail you cant drive (and no refund).

With regards to OBD11 Certainly on the MK3 there are lots of live data attributes that you can record but I don't have access to MK2 to see what it can do. But if money is tight it should give you stuff that you can use. What I would say is test out the settings first as I have found in the past on certain control units they don't all work so best to check beforehand.

When you are having the oil changed make sure you go for a good quality one for your setup.

If you have not done a track day before it might be worth getting on a novice day and you should read the start of this thread lots of helpful info to help you look after the car so you can enjoy it.

Enjoy the day its great fun.

Yes I'm running a MK2. It's got the standard exhaust at the moment and I've got my new downpipe coming, it shouldn't be too loud.
I tried to tinker with my OBD11 using TrackAddict, it found the device but was never able to connect so I'm assuming the OBD11 app has some authentication with the device that other apps don't have. I'll keep trying with other apps.

On the pre-track day oil change I'll use Millers nano drive 5w40.

Thanks for the advice, I was looking at doing an evening or a novice day. There aren't too many novice days coming up when I'm available but I won't be going for the full day yet.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Just seen this post from @Andrewwright showing a nice and cheap bit of kit (sorry for those of you who have already seen it) to show you temps and pressure on your wheels.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....o-your-car-today.323941/page-589#post-4863313
I'd never have thought it would have worked so well till I see the video.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nrpfell-Pr...ocphy=9041106&hvtargid=pla-752815276207&psc=1

And

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Valve-Pres...ocphy=9041106&hvtargid=pla-635224673705&psc=1

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
If money's tight, look at RaceChrono app for your phone (its free, Pro costs but is worth the money too), Racechrono works with a few bluetooth dongles I've used (and one I've got that it don't) I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A3. Also, This App and Harry's will talk to a GoPro via WiFi, for that full-on Grad Turismo video.

PS4's are a decent tyre, especially in the wet, which it always is in this country....

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
Been at Donington tonight for the evening session.

I prefer the evening sessions as 2 1/2 hours gets me my fix of track action, and I spend less money doing so!

Last time out at Donny, I was having a problem with the brakes. So I fitted new discs all round (brembo) with Ebc yellow stuff rears and Ferodo DS1.11 pads upfront. Fresh coolant and an oil change for good measure.

The car handled great, I do have an overheating issue which I need to sort but overall I was happy yet again with its performance.

It runs stage 2, 286bhp and is a hoot to drive.

The Yoko ad08r’s when they’re hot and sticky are phenomenal!

The car shouldn’t be as good as it is!

Only other Seat was a Mk3 Cupra R 5 door hatch which looked lovely!

Next outing, likely to be Cadwell 18th July, evening sesh!

My mate brought along his 172 which was a hoot and he’s buzzing for Cadwell!

Attachments

• 8D413FD4-D74F-4432-83ED-19EF9960F0F5.jpeg
    8D413FD4-D74F-4432-83ED-19EF9960F0F5.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 174
  • 29440051-DA13-4ED9-9CEE-155FF7DEB109.jpeg
    29440051-DA13-4ED9-9CEE-155FF7DEB109.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 166
  • F5D3A83A-8039-438C-A748-17B767F6F9BF.jpeg
    F5D3A83A-8039-438C-A748-17B767F6F9BF.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 169

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Been at Donington tonight for the evening session.

I prefer the evening sessions as 2 1/2 hours gets me my fix of track action, and I spend less money doing so!

Last time out at Donny, I was having a problem with the brakes. So I fitted new discs all round (brembo) with Ebc yellow stuff rears and Ferodo DS1.11 pads upfront. Fresh coolant and an oil change for good measure.

The car handled great, I do have an overheating issue which I need to sort but overall I was happy yet again with its performance.

It runs stage 2, 286bhp and is a hoot to drive.

The Yoko ad08r’s when they’re hot and sticky are phenomenal!

The car shouldn’t be as good as it is!

Only other Seat was a Mk3 Cupra R 5 door hatch which looked lovely!

Next outing, likely to be Cadwell 18th July, evening sesh!

My mate brought along his 172 which was a hoot and he’s buzzing for Cadwell!

Yesss!!! Hopefully going to make that Cadwell. See you there. Mines on dyno in morning so will post the output!

Deleted member 103408

Just booked Cadwell for Thursday (4/7) looking forward to testing out the new suspension changes.

Nizza

May 17, 2019
I’m booked for donnington on the 16th. I wanted to do Caldwell but all the rest of our lot going on the ring trip in August are going so I’m a sheep! Looks like I will be driving on the spax coilivers this time and then kws will be arriving the next day so will be a good comparison

Deleted member 103408

I am at donnington for Trax on the 14th, its only a quick session but I have not been there before so good way to see what the track is like.

Enjoy donnington and the new KWS Setup when its fitted.

Reactions: Nizza

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Calling all “Track Bandits”...

4b86a29a401cd9d2738ffa593caa2bbe.jpg

Couple of pals and I, are looking to book a day at Bedford Autodrome.
Monday the 9th of September
Full day.
Open Pit Lane.
Full “New” GT Circuit.
( I believe the track layout is being changed slightly at the beginning of September )
£159.00 + free photos.

Track has huge runoff areas, so you can really push and find the limits.

The more cars the merrier.
Any make and model.
This isn’t a Seat take over.
I’m the only one so far.
There’s a CRX that’s 30 years old and a Bimmer joining us.
Obviously it would be better to have more Leons there. Hope some of you can make it.

Nizza

May 17, 2019
I am at donnington for Trax on the 14th, its only a quick session but I have not been there before so good way to see what the track is like.

Enjoy donnington and the new KWS Setup when its fitted.

Yeah I haven’t driven it either but will have a co pilot who has so will be good!

Looking forward to the delivery of the KW’s. Check my thread on the build in mk1 for when they get fitted.

Deleted member 103408

Calling all “Track Bandits”...

Couple of pals and I, are looking to book a day at Bedford Autodrome.
Monday the 9th of September
Full day.
Open Pit Lane.
Full “New” GT Circuit.
( I believe the track layout is being changed slightly at the beginning of September )
£159.00 + free photos.

Track has huge runoff areas, so you can really push and find the limits.

The more cars the merrier.
Any make and model.
This isn’t a Seat take over.
I’m the only one so far.
There’s a CRX that’s 30 years old and a Bimmer joining us.
Obviously it would be better to have more Leons there. Hope some of you can make it.

Will check diary today, who you booked through.

Reactions: vwtrev
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.