Need help with “fault code: P189A clutch 1, clearance too small” on a DSG7 Leon FR 1.8 TSI

RuggedSeat

Aug 3, 2017
Europe
Hi, I scanned my car with an OBDeleven and I got myself a fault code:

P189A... clutch 1, clearance is too small”.

The car drives like it’s always have and I don’t notice anything especially.

So what I did was I erased the fault code with the OBDeleven, but the fault code comes back pretty fast.

My gearbox is DSG 7 speed, DQ200, 0AM (i think).
My car is a Seat Leon FR 1.8 TSI 180PS MY14-15. Its tuned with RaceChip GTS.

I have been thinking about the resetting the gearbox. I have seen on OBDeleven that there is the option to soft reset and hard reset it so it relearns your driving style or something like that I’m not so sure.

Is there’s anyone that can maybe shed some lights in this?

Thanks in advance!

RuggedSeat

Aug 3, 2017
Europe
a6be5e5d1f1b4e58f9c002c03d29c3ee.jpg

ec65fda526550670fab2df888e04c84a.jpg

a558d485cb1433d4a27c46f171373d9a.jpg

Dominic

Jun 1, 2019
Harlow
It may need the clutch packs recalibrating, I'm booking mine in when I get chance, AFAIK the tech will drive about for abit with the laptop plugged in, then make a few adjustments as to what the computer says.

That's what I got told in layman's terms anyway. I can't remember what made me ask them to check it out but they had a look when I had the DSG service done, I said I could feel something very slight that didn't feel right and the tech agreed.

But then again, it might be something else entirely, I didn't have any warning lights, 3.5yr old car, 54k miles.

Aug 17, 2019
Hi, I scanned my car with an OBDeleven and I got myself a fault code:

P189A... clutch 1, clearance is too small”.

The car drives like it’s always have and I don’t notice anything especially.

So what I did was I erased the fault code with the OBDeleven, but the fault code comes back pretty fast.

My gearbox is DSG 7 speed, DQ200, 0AM (i think).
My car is a Seat Leon FR 1.8 TSI 180PS MY14-15. Its tuned with RaceChip GTS.

I have been thinking about the resetting the gearbox. I have seen on OBDeleven that there is the option to soft reset and hard reset it so it relearns your driving style or something like that I’m not so sure.

Is there’s anyone that can maybe shed some lights in this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi.how did you fix this problem ? I have same problem.My car is leon mk3 1.2 Tsi DSG 88k km. Fault code clutch 1 clearance too small.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.