What did you and your MK2 do today?

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Started at 08:30 with an application of poor boys black hole, followed by a layer of chemical guys jet seal and topped with a layer of chemical guys butter wax.

Give the engine bay abit of a spruce up also.

First time I have used black hole and must say I am very impressed!!!! It did a great job of covering up some minor imperfections on the body work.

Photo of the engine bay now it's been dressed

cc2bfdc4f7e0a45812082e020e9cca00.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SpiderWelsh

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Fitted a battery cover to do away with the cheap looking fabric cover and removed the oil filter neck as I no longer run the engine cover.
6dc55d99185b3d627c8997bbe4f9fb54.jpg
c4c01f7ed37b173784099d78e34d1e5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PaulusB

Jun 9, 2019
Fitted a battery cover to do away with the cheap looking fabric cover and removed the oil filter neck as I no longer run the engine cover.
6dc55d99185b3d627c8997bbe4f9fb54.jpg
c4c01f7ed37b173784099d78e34d1e5a.jpg

Is the fillerneck still in one piece?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Yes, apply a little pressure and you hear the glue pop and off it comes. I plugged the hole with a cloth mine you in case it did break

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
removed the oil filter neck as I no longer run the engine cover.

Which method did you choose and how easy did it come off? Mine really annoys me, but I've also read of some mishaps whilst removing it.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Which method did you choose and how easy did it come off? Mine really annoys me, but I've also read of some mishaps whilst removing it.
Warmed the engine up and applied a load of pressure to it and tapped it with a hammer a few times. Was about to give up and then I heard a pop and off it came.

Reactions: Legojon

PaulusB

Jun 9, 2019
Yes, apply a little pressure and you hear the glue pop and off it comes. I plugged the hole with a cloth mine you in case it did break

Would u willing the sell me the neck as it not available to order ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Said alot of swear words and shouted very loud at the bloody thing......

Front passenger side caliper stuck on whilst on the way home from work.

My head is slowly being turned away from the vag brand and turning towards a fn2 type r

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Said alot of swear words and shouted very loud at the bloody thing......

Front passenger side caliper stuck on whilst on the way home from work.

My head is slowly being turned away from the vag brand and turning towards a fn2 type r

I really liked my EP3 hence my username on here registered before I got the Cupra-R. EP3 is better than the FN2 as the EP3 has independant rear suspension the FN2 doesn't and is heavier. Dont lose faith with VAG though.

Reactions: Brimfull

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
The ep3 is a better car imo but I find them a little raw, I like my creature comforts so the fn2 would be easier to live with on a daily basis.

I am just a little worried as I have heard from a few sources that vag cars can become money pits very quickly and in particular the mk5 golf platform.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I am just a little worried as I have heard from a few sources that vag cars can become money pits very quickly and in particular the mk5 golf platform.

I think that's true of any car when it gets to a certain age. I've stayed well ahead of the maintenance and even started doing 100k maintenance items on my 50k Cupra. Then got under it the other day to find where a bolt had come from to be greeted by an oil covered exhaust manifold. Just one of those things... back to the garage to stretch my wallet that little bit wider.You get your caliper sorted in the end btw?

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
I think that's true of any car when it gets to a certain age. I've stayed well ahead of the maintenance and even started doing 100k maintenance items on my 50k Cupra. Then got under it the other day to find where a bolt had come from to be greeted by an oil covered exhaust manifold. Just one of those things... back to the garage to stretch my wallet that little bit wider.You get your caliper sorted in the end btw?

Dropped the car off at the garage this morning. Luckily I had already purchased a pair of front calipers when I purchased the rear ones the other month. The front passenger side I noticed was pinching ever so slightly a couple of days ago but yesterday it decided to lock on.

Picked up a set of discs and pads from ecp last night.

Reactions: Legojon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Less than 500 miles until i get to that mileage :headhurt:

Oh wow. If it's any consolation, it gives me hope there's higher mileage MK1s n MK2s out there. I need this car to last me another 10 years and 50k+ miles so I can pay back all I've spent on it!

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
Was fitting my VIS internals, spent hours doing it carefully, put my fuel pump back together, primed the fuel pump... and fuel sprayed all over my engine bay. Turns out I dropped 2 washers somewhere. Replaced them with the rubber washers and it seems all good (for now)!

Ready for stage 2+ now

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members