Wheel hop 18inch wheels

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
Hi guys p
I have horrible wheel hop when flooring it from standstill and wonder if anyone can help me on what tyres to get? I know about the PS4S but they don't come in 18s. What have people done to stop/reduce the wheel hop on top of a dog mount/engine mount. My tyres are on the way out soon.
I plan to do put a dog mount on soon too.
Any help would be appreciated!
The car is a MK3 Leon FR 2.0 TDI 64plate.

Thank you!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
Don't they do PS4 (non S) in 18"?
They do mate. Are they worth it? Or do you know of any others? To be honest I would end up replacing all four tyres so want to make sure I get the best ones I can to reduce the wheel hop.

Thanks
b8cde43144a96ea40a71b5514a44788f.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I had them on my MK2 FR+ and they were the best tyres ever. Only reason I switched to Uniroyal for the Cupra is cause the price of 19" is nearly double that (when there's not a sale on).

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
I had them on my MK2 FR+ and they were the best tyres ever. Only reason I switched to Uniroyal for the Cupra is cause the price of 19" is nearly double that (when there's not a sale on).
So you would recommend I get all four changed for the tyres in the pic I sent?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So you would recommend I get all four changed for the tyres in the pic I sent?

Yeah, you'll notice a difference. Especially if your current tyres are low on tread. I've just swapped mine (I change at 3mm) and makes a massive difference just having some tread.

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
Yeah, you'll notice a difference. Especially if your current tyres are low on tread. I've just swapped mine (I change at 3mm) and makes a massive difference just having some tread.
Thanks man I appreciate your help. I just have to sort the dog mount now which I'll talk about at the meet because again clueless about that lol which car did you swap your tyres on?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Thanks man I appreciate your help. I just have to sort the dog mount now which I'll talk about at the meet because again clueless about that lol which car did you swap your tyres on?

Yeah, I think all of the MK3 guys have dogbone inserts, I'm sure they'll help you pick one. On my FR+ I tried a few brands (Bridgestone, Firestone (don't ask), Pirelli, Conti) finally settled on PS3s then PS4s. And for me they were awesome (especially in the wet). For the Cupra (19" wheels eek). I couldn't justify £800 on a set of tyres. So I've been running Uniroyal RS3s. They are pretty good. I've now good 2xPS4S on the rear and the remaining 2xUniroyals on the front (to hopefully wear them out quicker!)

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
Yeah, I think all of the MK3 guys have dogbone inserts, I'm sure they'll help you pick one. On my FR+ I tried a few brands (Bridgestone, Firestone (don't ask), Pirelli, Conti) finally settled on PS3s then PS4s. And for me they were awesome (especially in the wet). For the Cupra (19" wheels eek). I couldn't justify £800 on a set of tyres. So I've been running Uniroyal RS3s. They are pretty good. I've now good 2xPS4S on the rear and the remaining 2xUniroyals on the front (to hopefully wear them out quicker!)
Yes I'm excited to speak to everyone at the meet to keep this car on the floor and stop it from yoyo-ing lol (dogbone Inserts)
Is it worth looking at Uniroyal rainsport 3's or shall I stick with PS4? Jimbobcook told me you have rainsport 3's lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Is it worth looking at Uniroyal rainsport 3's or shall I stick with PS4? Jimbobcook told me you have rainsport 3's lol

Had rainsport 3s. I'm sticking with Michelin going foward. But have to wait for the deals.

Deleted member 103408

Have to say I had the PS4 on my 19" as I got a good deal on them when I first went stage 1 and was very happy with the tyre.

Looking forward to seeing the car in the flesh at Donnington.

Reactions: Legojon

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
Have to say I had the PS4 on my 19" as I got a good deal on them when I first went stage 1 and was very happy with the tyre.

Looking forward to my car? Lol

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017

It's all about your car bro, I shall bring my notepad and get many many pointers from all you pro's! And your beasts

Deleted member 103408

It's all about your car bro, I shall bring my notepad and get many many pointers from all you pro's! And your beasts

Stop now, you are saving for the car you want, just mod this one to make it a better daily otherwise we will make you spend all your money and nothing left for the other car :)

Reactions: Legojon

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
Stop now, you are saving for the car you want, just mod this one to make it a better daily otherwise we will make you spend all your money and nothing left for the other car :)
Lol do you remember what my other car I am saving for is??
Yes the plan is to get rid of the wheel hop and then I'm happy can't really think of any more mods but I'm sure I will see loads when I see your car as well as other people's at the meet.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.